Nature & Wildlife Areas
Top Attractions in Martha's Vineyard
What travelers are saying
- If Heaven has a beach, it would look like the beach at Cape Poge Wildlife Refuge. We didn't have a 4 wheel drive so we walked across the dunes and boardwalk to the beach. It's May 1 and it was sunny and 62. Not another person around. So well worth the ferry fee and it was the highlight of our trip to the Vineyard. Chappaquidick is quiet but if you love the ocean, peace and quiet abd a pristine beach, this is it.Written May 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Each house is cuter than the next! I could walk around this area for hours looking at these adorable colorful cottages.Written November 11, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Incredibly charming! We loved Edgarstown & especially the lighthouse area- lots of beautiful lookouts & photo spots. Highly recommend!Written October 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- this is my home beach as i live less than a mile away...great for swimming and walking and the small parking lot keeps the crowds away.Written September 2, 2022
- The history alone of this place is worth the visit. One of only 2 of its kind still operating in the US. It’s not just for kids-if your a history buff please check it out. It’s so cool!Written September 18, 2022
- This is a great experience especially for young children.
We had a 5 and 8 year old. They loved to pet and talk to the Alpacas.
The animals were quite responsive and seemed to enjoy that attention.
The males were kept separate from the females. The males fought with each other to establish the dominant one. The females were together with the babies. The babies ranged in age from a few weeks to a few months.
The people tending to the animals were very informative and educational.
They have a shop where they sell many different items made from the wool from the alpacas.
Some of it is really well made and for the quality very reasonably priced.
I recommend this activity not just for children but for adults as well. When you pet them it feels a lot like petting a sheep.
Go and take your family you will all love it!Written October 12, 2022
- We stayed on the trails mostly in the woods and avoided any soft sand. This made for a great hike (and it was much cooler in the woods). Get a membership to the Trustees and don't pay for parking!Written September 13, 2017
- We stayed on Martha's Vineyard at the Vineyard shaven Marina. It was a protected calm area with beautiful views of the harbor sailboats, yachts and powerboats. We enjoyed a fabulous time including the private dining area of Garde East for yacht guests only.Written August 23, 2017
- This location is a few minutes from Vineyard haven. It’s on a one way street that will loop you back into Main Street. You can view from the street only.Written August 30, 2019
- Martha's Vineyard Hebrew Center must visit for a realtime experience of Hebrew Center
and taste it.A warm, friendly, caring, spiritual, intellectual, community centered and fun synagogue. Always there to serve the needs of everyone.Written August 9, 2019
- Stop one on tour was great to get fresh air and stretch legs on this tour with my girl friends ! Scenery was beautiful and water sounds amazing 🤩Written September 27, 2022
- This Museum in Vineyard Haven is a must see for those who love the island and want to know more. Revealing new things about the island-- its people and the cultures that continue to influence its development through engaging and thought-provoking exhibits is its strength. Additionally, the 18th c Cooke House in Edgartown provides welcome open-space and an understanding to the evolution of this bustling town.Written November 19, 2022
- Nice place to chill and picnic. This is where you get off the ferry, take the bus and come to rest and drink / eat takeout food.Written August 16, 2022
- We attended a show while on vacation and found a well-staged production with good acoustics and a polished performance which we thoroughly enjoyed. Even had live music. No negatives. Highly recommend seeing a show.Written October 13, 2019
- Amidst the village of small Gingerbread Cottages that make up Trinity Park on Martha's Vineyard is this wooden church that was built in 1878. It is in the heart of the community, positioned next to the open-air Tabernacle.
This church is opened to visitors daily between Memorial Day and Columbus Day weekends, but be mindful that this is a functioning place of worship.Written June 20, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Martha's Vineyard
- The top attractions to visit in Martha's Vineyard are:
- Cape Poge Wildlife Refuge
- Martha's Vineyard Camp meeting Association (MVCMA)
- Edgartown Lighthouse
- South Beach
- Flying Horses Carousel
- The best day trips from Martha's Vineyard according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Martha's Vineyard Daytrip from Boston with Round-Trip Ferry & Island Tour Option
- 6 Hour Sailing Tour of Vineyard Haven Harbor and Sound
- Private tour of Martha's Vineyard with lunch included
Martha's Vineyard Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 5:36 AM|