Top Attractions in Nantucket
What travelers are saying
- LOVED this museum! The exhibits were really well done--signs were readable and clearly explained what we were looking at. I knew a fair amount about whaling from having visited a number of museums and reading various books over the years, but I still learned a lot. The docent who gave live lectures really made things come alive, but it was also interesting to see the movies that showed the history and the recent stranding on a sperm whale on a Nantucket beach. The whale skeleton was fascinating, as was the whaling boat (even if it came from New Bedford!). Nice history of Nantucket itself. The gift shop was also excellent.Written November 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I had read it was perfect for sunset and it certainly was. Even in November. Even saw a seal popping his head in and out of the water.Written November 9, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had a fantastic day at CISCO brewery on my friends 50th Birthday! Great beers, great music, the BEST lobster roll and if you like dogs, plenty to meet!Written November 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Easy walk from the dock, just beautiful. the view from the point was incredible. Great place to take pictures.Written August 14, 2022
- Super cute lighthouse. Not very big and u could not go inside when we visited but it is on a beautiful spot and easily walkable from the ferry. We enjoyed coming 2 see the lighthouse and walking the surrounding beach area. Worth a visit if in the island.Written July 22, 2022
- Jetties Beach is an uncrowded and considered somewhat undesirable beach, but great for dogs (and small kids) because of this. We love bringing our dog here to run on the sandbars. It's perfect for our guy to cool off at low tide as it's easy to keep your distance from others and makes for a safe place for them to swim, shark-free!Written August 3, 2022
- We rode our bikes from Sconset to Surfside beach and easily arrived at the parking area with lots of space for bikes, scooters and mopeds. There are bathrooms, showers at the parking lot. It’s an easy walk to the wide Sandy beach there with waves crashing. They do allow pets on a leash there, and there were a few families out enjoying the late sun but not crowded at all and a pleasant place to enjoy the surf and sun. Beautiful and pristine best describes Surfside beach.Written September 8, 2022
- Probably one of the nicest beaches on Nantucket. Easy short walk to the beach. Bathroom available in September. Not all beaches have. Not even a port a John at some of the other beaches. Place for lunch available.Written September 29, 2022
- This museum is a tribute to how shipwreck lifesaving was started and developed into our modern Coast Guard. It is well executed with many displays, stories, and videos. The polished building and scenic natural grounds are a perfect place for a bring your own picnic with tables and very nice places for kids to play. Take the free shuttle bus from the Nantucket Visitors Center for an worthwhile experience.Written July 11, 2022
- Easy 1 hour trip from Hyannis to Nantucket! We purchased tickets at the dock in October, but it was busier than we expected- I'd recommend purchasing tickets more in advance. Boat had indoor/outdoor seating, snack bar, restrooms, outlets, some tables, etc.Written October 12, 2022
- Our group of 4 (the maximum number is 4 for a Jeep tour) enjoyed a sunset Jeep tour driven by our guide who identified lots of birds and explained about the land, history, and native flora and fauna, and also about current research and bird banding projects. We saw many kinds of birds and even a seal, and a beautiful sunset. We stopped several times for photos and took a walk to the lighthouse (sorry, I don't remember the name of the lighthouse!). It was very enjoyable. You can go onto the refuge if you get a permit at the gate, and we saw a few people fishing and picnicking, but I don't think I'd have seen this area of Nantucket if we had not booked the Jeep tour.Written August 28, 2022
- A lovely walk. In late October, very quiet. But a warm sunny day. Met two other people. Houses mostly closed for the season.Written October 31, 2022
- We took a guided walking tour of downtown Nantucket and were lucky enough to walk by the Old Mill when it was open. We found the mill keepers to be very enthusiastic and informational.Written August 25, 2021
- I wanted do some research on my ancestor Peter Folger. The staff was very helpful in pulling a book out of storage that gave me more information on Peter and other Folgers. Nice place to read in quiet too.Written June 25, 2022
- Absolutely gorgeous spot to view the sunset all year around. It can get crowded so get there early to ensure a beautiful viewing spot.Written December 6, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Nantucket
Nantucket Attractions Information
|Local Time||Monday 9:28 PM|