- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
4 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- Gatun Lake was created by the flooding of the area by the Chagres River during the construction of the Panama Canal and is where ships traverse after going through the locks at each end of the Canal. There are many tour operators that offer trips to Gatun Lake and Monkey Island. I had a good experience with Safe Transportation and their Monkey Island and Panama Canal Eco Tour. I had a terrific guide who was very knowledgeable and was a great communicator. On the 4-hour tour, we stopped along the canal at the Pedro Miguel Locks and then continued to Gatun Lake on a speedboat. In addition to seeing the wildlife on Monkey Island, this is also an opportunity to get close to several container ships as they make their way between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.
On the way to Gatun Lake, we made a brief stop at the Pedro Miguel Locks for some viewing of ships as they navigate the canal. After hopping on a small speedboat, we headed out on Gatun Lake and to Monkey Island. Our guide knew several spots to find the monkeys and we had a couple different species including the white-faced capuchin monkeys climbing onto our boat enjoying taking the food that we offered from our hands. We additionally saw and heard some howler monkeys and spotted a crocodile. Getting close up to the huge container ships in the lake was pretty cool as well. 4 hours was plenty of time needed to enjoy this experience.Written May 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My family and I ate enjoyed The lagoon of San Carlos is a very quiet place, excellent different unique. Family Oriented.Written April 26, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- For geeks, the canal is a treasure. Learning about its building and operation is fascinating and really puts a context around canal-viewing.Written March 22, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The view of the sunset from this beach of Limon bay was awesome and it was good to enjoy the lighthouse's view and have coffee from a beachside stall.Written December 26, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Panama City
- These places are best for bodies of water in Panama City:See more bodies of water in Panama City on Tripadvisor