- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
28 places sorted by traveler favorites
Speciality Museums • Children's Museums
Admission tickets from $8.49
What travelers are saying
- Creative, evolves around personal stories from individuals around the world, sharing their stories with personal memories & items. Some of these stories are outstanding connection with one's own life and experiences. The creativity in presentation, thematic topics, and design adds to Zagreb the city as a public artistc space!Written July 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is very cool museum to see but I expected it to be bigger. Also great for children and there are few cool illusions, but since it is not as big, an hour is enough to see al of the illusions.Written July 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very good idea of turning old apartment into 80s museum, it was nice experience for remembering old times. You can touch everything there, so that's very cool.Written August 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent displays which were in English and Croatian made visiting this amazing museum a pleasure. The well organized layout, uncluttered display of artifacts and well lit rooms made the tour of the building an easy and educational stop for an afternoon.Written March 5, 2020
- Not what you expect looking outside the building or used to science museums. Much more real exhibits from history based, engineering focus Inc on nuclear, astrology, aviation, engines to name a few. Good small exhibit on tesla with a video of his experiments by one of the museum. Still a worth while visit.Written February 17, 2022
- The museum is well worth a visit, plenty to see and read about the history of the city over the centuries.Written November 9, 2021
- This was an interesting find as we wandered through the streets of Zagreb. The entrance is in a hallway up a flight of stairs. Follow the arrows ▶️▶️▶️. When you think you’ve gone the wrong way, you’re there.
They take both cash and credit cards 💳. The tour is taken using tablets 📱 that are in a multitude of languages, which coordinate with torture items along the way.
It’s not a big place at all but definitely has all the torture items 🪓🔪🗡⛓ one could want to see. It’s dark and there is “spooky” music playing in the background. The tablets also have pictures or videos showing exactly how the devices were used. Consider those things when deciding to visit with young people, people with PTSD, etc.
If those aren’t issues, check it out! It’s about $9 a person entry fee.Written December 29, 2019
- You won't like this museum if you're allergic to: iconic figures in European sports-political history, short shorts, a tour guide who's the nephew of Petrovic, '80s haircuts, incredible merch, the feeling of hopes reached and unfinished. I was 6,000 miles from where I live, but at the Petrovic museum I wasn't far from home ... because ball truly is life. The Wi-Fi isn't very strong.Written July 10, 2019
- Take the tram 20 minutes to get here, then waited 40 minutes for it to open at 11 AM. Then, found out it was closed for renovation, but for a special exhibit. The exhibit was certainly worth seeing, as it was very different, all done with pencil/lead. Honestly, I don’t think I would travel 20 minutes each direction to see this exhibit, had I not already been there.Written November 16, 2019
- Fabulous little place, absolutely in awe with it! Was very lucky to have a private guided tour too. Excellent service, fantastic displays. An absolute must to see, especially with children. Would highly recommended and most definitely come againWritten April 1, 2022
- All in all, nice for a viewpoint, but do not remember that it is of historical significance and there is a monument there. Worth visit. You can approach close to the car and take ca 5 - 10 min walk to the castle.Written January 1, 2019
- This is definitely a hidden gem. Literally - it is hard to find (look for the small mushroom display in a window opposite where the flowers are sold at the market). But worth it when you get there. The man is very knowledgeable and engaging, and the display is outstanding. I would recommend even to those who haven't thought they had an interest in mushrooms before.Written August 7, 2022
- Now home to the Croatian State Archives this classic Art Nouveau building, still shows off the symbolism with Owls & Globes underlining the Library's original educational purpose.
The Archives are located on the route of the grand Green Horseshoe ( Lenuci's Horseshoe ) which is strongly recommended as a walk capturing Parks, Gardens & a parade of magnificent architecture.Written November 20, 2019
- Lovely museum with great tastings! This place is magical, informative but also a great way for children to get in touch with history.Written July 18, 2022
- It is an interesting museum, however stuff is a bit random and not well described. The local costumes/textiles are very well displayed. There is also a great exhibit on bikers and their dogs which I thought was absolutely great.Written September 27, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Zagreb
- These are the best places for kid-friendly specialty museums in Zagreb:See more specialty museums for kids in Zagreb on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking specialty museums in Zagreb:See more specialty museums for couples in Zagreb on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for specialty museums in Zagreb:See more hidden gem specialty museums in Zagreb on Tripadvisor