Architectural Buildings • Churches & Cathedrals
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
11 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Great cathedral with beautiful spires. It’s currently being renovated so you can’t get too close. In fact it seems like most of the church building with any history are currently being remodeled. I loved the exterior. It’s close to the downtown area and close to most of the things you’d want to see I. Zagreb.Written September 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The facade of this building is stunning and a photographers delight. Didn't have time to catch a performance
When in Zagreb do walk around the old Town and soak in the autumn atmosphereWritten April 25, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Even though one of the twin spires is presently under cover for repairs, it was still nice to visit the cathedral... And wander down the side of it... Beautiful along there.Written April 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice train station that's an easy 10 minute walk into the city center.
There are lockers in the station to stow your luggage. Note, you will need cash in the form of coins. The cost is 15 Kuna (3x 5 Kuna coins). The ticket office can give you change from the paper Croatian currency.
Several tram lines stop right in front of the station. The bus station (Autobusni Kolodvor) is a 5 minute or less ride via tram.Written September 15, 2022
- This Building is in Upper Town on the way from St.Mark's square to Stone gate. The building is part of continous buildings and just blended.Written September 23, 2019
- Academy of Music has nice modern architecture - colourful frontage at the top. The building is just be the Arts museum of Zagreb. The colourful frontage is nice to see in daylight.Written July 20, 2019
- The house was built by an architect from Zagreb, Vjekoslav Bastl. Its façade is lined with yellow - blue ceramic tiles.
It was the home of Joseph Kallina, owner and director of the pottery factory.
It is located at the corner of Masarykova and Gundulić Street in the wider center area in Zagreb.Written November 4, 2019
- Ban's Court is the historical building on the west side of St. Mark's Square. The two story Baroque building was built in the early 19th century.Written November 6, 2021
- I love the architectural beauty of places & Croatia has them in abundance.
Zagreb has the Grand style European buildings which are magnificent, but are they worth going inside.
A local guide can provide that perspective because it all comes down to time available.
We wandered on foot around the GREEN HORSESHOE & would have appreciated a guiding hand. Apart from photo opportunities we obviously left with only a superficial view & wondering about the buildings' history & role.
Hope this viewpoint helps you create a tour that is unique.Written November 12, 2019
- Tiny little place with beautiful garden. Great for time out with friends while walking in the old townWritten September 29, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Zagreb
- These are the best places for budget-friendly architectural buildings in Zagreb:See more budget-friendly architectural buildings in Zagreb on Tripadvisor