- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
110 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 110
What travelers are saying
- The entire Salkantay Trek was mind blowingly beautiful, especially being led by Genrri and his crew. We did a private tour which allowed us more freedom and flexibility. One of our favorite experiences of the trek was finding a waterfall to shower in and cool off halfway through one of the day's hike. Genrri told us about it earlier in the day and it fully lived up to expectations. Gennri was knowledgeable about the nature along the trek and shared local culture and belief systems with us along the way. It was an unforgettable journey with both deep rewards and challenges. We would definitely recommend the trek and Genrri and his crew..Written September 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very professional and friendly! Gabriel came to pick us up directly at the hotel in the Cusco's center and brought to his ranch North of town, where we began our tour (approx 2 and half hours). It was a good balance between horse riding and history. We visited the Temple of the Moon and some caves. Great landscapes especially at sunset! Snacks and a drink included for a quick break on the mountain. They have a deep respect for their horses: e.g., everytime they can they remove the horse's bit and let them rest. Finally, they brought us back to the hotel. Definitely a great experience to do while in Cusco!Written August 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The horse ranch is close to Cusco. So the ride to there is not too long. The main guy explained how to ride the horse and best practices to center yourself while horse backriding. The experience was great. We had a good weather and I did enjoy the combination of hiking to the caves and horse back ridingWritten September 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- 3day jungle tour ending in Machu Picchu with the worlds best tour guide, Steve. Knowledgeable, friendly, funny, attentive, and kind. I will never forget you my friend! Thank you for the great conversation, the history of your country, and your genuinely sweet nature. Many blessings to you and your family.Written September 19, 2022
- We booked a tour to go to Humantay Lake. The tour was booked through our hotel, Ayenda Estancia San Pedro in Cusco for the next morning. It was so amazing that they were able to accept us as TripAdvisor needed two days in advance. Pick up, breakfast, lunch, and a walking stick were included.
The experience was amazing! Everyone in our group were all Spanish speakers and while our group were all very friendly, I genuinely admire our tour guide, Jose for constantly checking in on us. As we were last minute, non Spanish speaking bookers, Jose still took his time alone with us to share with us about the mountains surrounding Humantay Lake, the history of the lake itself, and even tried to get to know us personally.
Luckily horses were available for the trek uphill for 80 soles (about $20 USD). It was definitely a challenge hiking down too, but regardless, it was definitely worth the adventure!Written April 24, 2022
- My family trip to Cusco, Peru was one of the most incredible experiences thanks to
KC Peru Expedition. I’ve been on lots of trips, visited a lot of countries and have dealt with my fair share of tour guides, I have never experienced tour guides like this duo here.
They made our entire trip seamless (there was 11 of us!) and also treated us like family the entire time and went above & beyond in more ways than one. I’m talking about doing food shopping for us and dropping it off at 11:30 PM at night after we came back from our excursion so we’d have food the next day.
Thank you KC Peru Expedition for making our trip magical! If you ever plan on visiting Cusco, be sure to have them handle your whole experience.Written August 29, 2022
- Hernán was always very kind and always available! Even when other transportation was delayed he waited for us (for 1h30min). Besides that, Hernán was always punctual and reliable, with fair fares. Also really nice to talk to and very knowledgeable about Peru!
Hernán also has services for tours to the amazing places that Peru and specifically the Cusco area has to offer, such as Machu Picchu and Rainbow Mountain, among others.
We always felt safe and treated with the utmost respect by Hernán! He also replies very fast! 100% recommend!Written September 11, 2022
- I did the rainbow mountain group tour with Ricardo and it was awesome! He made the trek enjoyable and did a great job explaining everything before we got to the trailhead. Would definitely recommend!Written December 13, 2021
- I don’t write many reviews but I was so grateful to have hired Joan as my tour guide that I had to leave a comment here. I was traveling solo and heard about him trough a friend who led a yoga retreat in Peru and who recommended Joan’s tours very highly. Joan was incredibly thoughtful as he listened to my interests, and made a wonderful itinerary for me to visit the salineras, cusco, the market and other Incan sites. He was incredibly knowledgeable about his country, Incan history and his people. Joan was able to thoughtfully talk about Incan rituals and history and put this in context, as well as plan a fun and dynamic visit through many sites all within a short period of time. I would highly recommend him and the next time I go to Peru I will definitely reach out to him again.Written August 7, 2019
- Gustavo and Boris we're our guides for our trip in Peru. They were so kind and knowledgeable! They really went above and beyond our expectations for this experience. They truly made us feel so special in such a magical place. The lunch prepared for us was honestly one of the best meals of our whole trip and that's saying a lot because the food in Peru is phenomenal! Thank you Gustavo and Boris for making our time there so special and for showing us some of the most beautiful sites we've ever seen! We will never forget this trip, worth every penny!Written September 4, 2021
- They are a small agency with amazing customer service. Because they are independently operated, they are not bound to the usual packages. They work with local guides to mix and match whay you want to do. Ruben speaks English and goes well beyond the measure of many standard tour operators. Also, for an added benefit, you can stay at his quaint hotel. It is new and very comfortable. A nice breakfast is available. They bend over backwards to please.Written July 15, 2021
- Amazing experience with Ronald and the team! Ronald booked our week long trip to Cusco, Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. It was so well organized with numerous guides, drivers and modes of transportation.
Highlight of the Sacred Valley (many stops) was lunch and weaving demonstration in Misnimay. High up in the mountains, we had a delicious lunch prepared by the local community followed by two lovely women (inter generational) explaining how they go from alpaca wool to gorgeous scarves. Of course there are items for sale, but low pressure and worth the trip. The local guide, Rueben, was full of information about the Incas and their history.
Machu Picchu was amazing! One of the new 7 wonders of the world. Getting there was interesting involving train ride (with a show!) and a death-defying bus ride but it was worth it. Our local guide, Eddie, was very informative and patient as we hiked (slowly) around this site. And big thanks to Ronald for adjusting our plans from a full day on the Incan trail, to a 4 hour hike to a 1 hour hike. Glad we made that call, the short hike was perfect for us.
And the cooking class arranged by the Cultura Viva team was also great! AnnieLou was a great teacher at the market showing us the natural health benefits of local fruits and vegetables. And Diego showed us the care it takes to make great ceviche - can’t wait to try it at home.
Overall, The Cultura Viva Peru team made organizing a complex trip seem like a breeze. Thank you for making this trip memorable!Written September 7, 2022
- I went to the Polccoyo Rainbow Mountain Range with my mother and we had an amazing time!
We even signed up the night before, and it was no problem!
The tour ended up being an entire day with transport to and from, a hike around the mountains, and lunch.
We had a very enjoyable time. The mountains are truly fantastic and not crowded at all. (There was only one other van up there!)
**i have been to both the Vinicunca rainbow mountain and the Polccoyo Rainbow mountains, and i think I enjoyed this trip more! Very few people, spectacular views of many rainbow mountains (as well as the beautiful Nevado Ausangate!), enjoyable hike, and much more managaeable to do in 1 day (meeting time is 7am instead of 3am!)
I definitely would recommend a day trip to the Polccoyo Mountain Range with this agency :)Written October 13, 2018
- We set up to have a few days with Bryan~
Well of course plans changed and not only did Bryan accommodate us, he sat down with us and helped us totally redesign our trip. He was amazing. We actually were able to stay with him at his hotel/ rooms for rent too for a more than fair price. Bryan was funny and cooperative and ultra accommodating. Bryan is EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE. His English is impeccable and Raul his partner we had a couple days too and he is very very nice as well. Either will make you happy Although we are partial to Bryan lol.
We were set for a Cusco city tour and then the zurite private family tour. We had several home Traditional meals including food cook in the ground... wow! We went to sacred valley for 2 day. We went to the swinging bridge and then to other towns. He helped us arrange travel to MP and ensured that portion of our trip went well also. He is a wonderful communicator. Please do give him a bit to respond as he does the tours himself and is away from email sometimes. Bryan went back and forth with me accommodating lots of changes to my itinerary as I was-developing it in the beginning, THANK YOU BRYAN. Dawn and Mark from Indiana.Written November 21, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Cusco
- These are the most romantic places for horseback riding tours in Cusco:See more romantic horseback riding tours in Cusco on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for horseback riding tours in Cusco:See more hidden gem horseback riding tours in Cusco on Tripadvisor