58 places sorted by traveler favorites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 58
What travelers are saying
- Terra Quechua Peru did impeccable planning for our group of 5 for the 2 day trek to Machu Picchu. All the details were clearly communicated, which was amazing.
The first day was a challenging full day hike to get to the Inca ruins before walking the last part of the Inca Trail and ending the day with a view of Machu Picchu. We then took the bus back to our hotel. The second day we took the bus back to Machu Picchu, where we watched the sunrise before taking a grand tour of the city. We also decided to do an additional activity, climbing Huyana Picchu for a different view of the city, the whole experience was great, and I would not hesitate to do it again.
We also recommend Terra Quechua Peru to book your Peru adventure, as they are local, which is a big plus!Written December 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went to Humantay lake with Arnold expeditions, with tour guide John Wick. It was an wonderfull and fun day. The lake is beautifull and the hike itself is also nice. The food provided at brealfast and lunch was good. Tourguide John is very knowledgable and enthousiastic. He took time to explain the local traditions in both english and Spanish and even performed a small ceremony at the lake!Written November 16, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It has been an unforgettable experience of the Ausangate Trek with my wife. The Terra Quechua Peru team has been exceptional: guide, chef and porters.
Our guide, Roger, in addition to being a mountain expert, has extensive knowledge of tourism and history, so he shared with us wonderful explanations at the stops along the trail. The chef, Miguel, prepared exquisite breakfast, lunch and dinner menus that you do not expect in a camp, it was like eating and dining in a restaurant in the middle of the mountains, the porters took great care of us from first thing in the morning with hot water to wash up until the end of the night with whatever we needed, they also prepared wonderful campsites ⛺️ and were attentive to us at all times. We felt enormously cared for, guided and attended, difficult to be in better hands.
I recommend them without a doubt to get to know the Ausangate Trek in an adventurous way, a 10/10 for this agency and for everything related to this fantastic experience. I will repeat without a doubt and I will recommend it 100%.Written September 7, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I did the tour to the mountain of colours with Terra Quechua Peru, they gave us a first class service, they picked us up early as we agreed, then our guide gave us the introduction of the whole tour, after a 2 hour drive we arrived at a nice restaurant where we had a consistent breakfast, after 1 hour drive we arrived at the point of the hike to the mountain the day was sunny the landscapes beautiful, the nature is imposing, as the colours rise over the snowy mountains and as the red valley prowls around.
Finally we came back and had a nice lunch and returned to the city of Cusco, all in peace, I recommend this excursion of course with the agency Terra Quechua Peru.Written July 4, 2023
- went over there because we wanted to see a condor.
we saw this amazing bird!.. was just incledible.. the condor flight over us.
woww!! neves espected to see trained condors!Written July 1, 2022
- The Inca Jungle Trek was amazing! We had a 4 days/3 nights experience full of adventure: biking, rafting, trekking, zipline, hot springs! Everything was well organised, food was great, acommodations were amazing and our guides, Emerson and Freddy, were the best we could have! This kind of tour was perfect to know the history of Inca civilization, their tradicion, to observe the nature and have fun before arriving at one of the most mystical places in the world: Machu Picchu! I recommend 100% Inca Jungle!Written October 31, 2023
- Went on 7 day tour of macchu Picchu Cusco and Lima with gate one travel, the tour guide Ron did a fantastic job, whoever you go with get a guide to explain everything and go to the highest point and work down. You will get awesome pictures. Trip was better than I expected. Plan properly and you will have a great time.Written October 31, 2019
- This was my most favourite spot in cusco, I visited this square thrice during my two day stay in cusco,it was the 25th and 26th of July 2019, the preperations were on for the independence day celebrations which was 28th july 2019,it was a lovely sight to watch the soldiers and the band troupe doing the rehearsals early in the morning at this square.Written September 16, 2019
- I just finished volunteering with Sonco Wasi in Cusco, Peru, for 10 days and enjoyed every second of it. The two projects they have operating, one supporting disadvantaged youth in the Sacred Valley and the other assisting youth with special needs in Cusco, are both fulfilling and fun! The organizers did a great job setting up our residence and getting us acquainted with the city. The most rewarding part of the experience was impacting the kids' lives in a positive way. Thank you Sonco Wasi!!Written January 25, 2015
- Indeed this is a meeting place for many tours, but it is also a nice spot to spend some time and people watch. It is bordered by an old church, San Francisco, a school, a Roman style arch, and has a nice fountain. It is about 5 minute walk from Plaza de Armas or Mercado de San Pedro so it is probably on your way touring Cusco and worth a look.Written June 9, 2019
- This place is apparently not super popular on TripAdvisor, but it is a little hidden gem. It is definitely a ways outside of Cusco city, so you'll need a driver or taxi, but I recommend making it one of your stops if you're touring the Sacred Valley. Don't be expecting something huge like the San Diego zoo or something. It's just a little place on the side of the road, but it's cool.
All the animals are rescues that the zoo is taking care of or rehabilitating.
It was pretty cheap (15 Soles I think) and only took about 30 minutes to go through. They give you a guide to explain where the animals came from and how they ended up in the zoo. They have pumas, condors, bears, and a bunch of other animals. They let you get within feet of the condors and have them fly right over you.
Definitely worth the stop!Written July 21, 2019
- We found Alberto's store by chance, where he told us about his alternative Biketours. It sounded really exciting. And he did not promise us too much. After a good two weeks in Peru, we finally wanted to do something else than hiking and the bike tour fitted perfectly. We were a little skeptical because we don't do mountain biking, but Alberto really adapts to the participants and makes feasible tours for everyone (although professional tours are also possible).
We did the tour "Qurikucha" or "Korikocha" which starts near the Sacred Valley in the mountains at a lagoon and ends in the Sacred Valley.
The orga was awesome and very comfortable. We had delicious lunch from his own restaurant and because the car was always behind us, we could ride without our backpacks. This also gave us the flexibility to hop on the car in case the road was too rocky or if it would have started to rain.
What is special is that you donb't see other tourists. We actually didn't encounter anyone else on the tour except for sheeps and a few people from a village.
We can highly recommend Alberto and his team! Thank you for this different tour away from the mainstream.Written December 18, 2022
- My husband and I went on a guided kayak tour of Huaypo Lake that was organized by our hotel - Sol y Luna. The lake itself is very beautiful and there's a beautiful view of the mountains. It's about a 30 minute drive from Urubamba. Beware of the flies though -there are a lot of them that stick to your skin.Written November 27, 2019
- Beautiful hike with amazing views of valleys, mountains, and glaciers. The Perolniyoc waterfall is incredible and highly recommended, also the view of the Sacred Valley and Veronica Mountain from Inti Punku is incredible.
During the entire route, we didn't see another person, which was beautiful and we enjoyed our walk thanks to Orange Nation Peru. Our guide Grober was exceptional and very knowledgeable about the place.Written November 14, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Cusco
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Cusco:
- Excursion to Rainbow Mountain Full Day.
- Excursión to Humantay Lake Full Day from Cusco
- Quad Bike Tour To Moray and Salt Mines (Sacred Valley)
- Rainbow Mountain with ATVs
- Rainbow Mountain in One Day from Cusco
- These are the most romantic places for nature & parks in Cusco:See more romantic nature & parks in Cusco on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for nature & parks in Cusco:See more hidden gem nature & parks in Cusco on Tripadvisor