What travelers are saying
- Super nice beach at the end of the road (for now) west of Puerto Galera. Well worth the visit. Very Cool.Written October 31, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went here when in Puerto Galera. Just love getting in the Philippine country. A ride on a carabio (not sure how u spell that) gets us to the falls. Lovely swimming hole, walking over the rocks. Had their BBQ lunch with a beer. Time to pay for everything. The 3 escort tourist girls, did help me walk over the rocks, gave them P100 each. Read where some people get up set about having to give them some pesos but gee only a couple of dollars & the girls said they don't have a salary just rely on what they get from the tourist. Then stopped at the tourist shop. The girls bought a dress, me just a fridge magnet. The trike driver was excellent comes with experience I guess. Ok do put this place on your "must go to" well worth a day trip.Written January 4, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is a nice ride on the motorbike along the coast to get there. Only the ride there is already worth it. The pools under the falls are nice and cold and with a great view over the forrest. The place needs a upgrade/maintenance, but the pools themselves and the view are very nice.Written September 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The entrance to the beach is tiny. The hotel we stayed is just a room with beds and toilet with no freebies like coffee, teaWritten July 24, 2023
- Very nice place to visit in Puerto Galera, with lots of restaurants, bars, and dive shops. You will return over and over.Written January 31, 2022
- Take your own food and drinks and enjoy some peace and quiet here. The water is great. The sand is white and soft. And there are hardly any people here. I highly recommend visiting this great beach.Written February 15, 2019
- Amazing hike for those who go all the way to the summit, most posts seem to be by people who just ventured below the summit.
In the Philippines, a country with decimated forests first by US logging companies in the 50s then by locals cutting trees to make charcoal, it is an amazing sight to see real tropical ecosystems still functionning with giant furs.
Can be muddy at the top, be ready and enjoy the beauty!Written March 20, 2017
- Great place with great food. Good for a relaxed day with or without kids. Dogs allowed ! So ideal if your furry partner wants to take a swim.Written October 21, 2019
- Spend 3 days going to the summit of Mt. Halcon and the climb was more than worth it upon reaching the summit. The pleasure was great. Hopefuly next summer my schedule will permit to go back here.Written September 15, 2017
- Great day out to this little beach..maybe a 30 minute or so trip by private boat..mixture of filipno,english,american,german and dutch in our group..great day was had with friends and food and beer definately go againWritten March 31, 2020
- Book well in advance. We couldn't get rooms here booking 4 months in advance for Christmas holiday. We did use EACY dive school which was fabulous and based right at the resort. So we used the resort during a couple of days of our kids taking dive lessons. The food was really good, the beachfront area very nice. We wished we could have stayed at this resort. The beach right in front is better than the beach right in front of Sunset resort next door. The pool is nice. Quite narrow for a lot of swimming and games. The sand is nice but the rocky entrance was a lot wider and harder to get across than on White Beach. And a lot more rocks past the rocky entrance to watch out for once you are in the water. Not as ideal for kids. Definitely quieter than White beach. It's pretty, but I actually found White beach as a whole, a prettier beach. If we returned to this area we would definitely try to stay at this resort!Written January 1, 2019
- Made a full back tattoo last week. Very satisfied with the result. Highly recommended. Proffesional artist !Written April 16, 2023
- Local falls up in the mountains. 1 hr hike roughly over sometimes slippery rocks. The local guide was invaluable. We were a group of 10. As young as 3 years old. The kids had great fun climbing over the rocks and swim in the top pool.Written May 5, 2019
- Such a lovely place to enjoy the sun and to swim in the water under the bright blue sky! Many cool coctail bars on the beachWritten July 21, 2019
- I felt this was an important visit to make to see and support the fine handcraft of the villagers, the elementary school and to learn of the impact of the generosity of the philanthropist and founding couple, Jaime Zobel de Ayala and his wife Donya Bea on the preservation of the traditions of these people.Written March 22, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Puerto Galera
- The best day trips from Puerto Galera according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Elnido 2days 1night from puerto princesa
- PUERTO GALERA Island Hopping & Snorkeling
- Puerto Galera Island Hopping