Observation Decks & Towers • Ski & Snowboard Areas
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 491
What travelers are saying
- This is a ski jump place, which hosted a previous Winter Olympic event. You can take the chair lift to the top of the hill. From the top, you can see the panoramic view of Sapporo city. It is very beautiful at the top.
This place is definitely worth a visit, especially taking the ride up and down from the top was a nice experienceWritten August 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice snow village! It was my first time for skiing and it was good to know that it caters from zero knowledge to pro skiers! Yes, I did my skiing class at Gran HIRAFU however, it was raining then hence I had a hard time.Written August 8, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Best snow ever , first time boarding in powder, no ice
Woodys ski hire near gondola is gr8
DONT GO TO OZ SNOW
They are not trustworthy, unethical business practicesWritten January 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great ski resort, spread out over 3 mountain areas with gongola access. Our skier group found Isola Mountain the best for our intermediate group.Written March 6, 2023
- We visited in March 2023 when the Sakura was out early in Tokyo so the weather was warm and sunny but the resorts still had snow. So for a family learning to ski the combination was great.
We learned to ski with the fantastic Hakuba47 Ski Academy - enjoyed some lovely food and sampled the onsen.
While we didn't take part the snowboard park at Hakuba47 looked amazing.
We travelled from Tokyo via the Shinkansen and the bus from Nagano, which was quite efficient.Written March 26, 2023
- Highly recommended for both on & off-piste skiing, although many lifts are slow and none have footrests, so tired legs !Written February 22, 2023
- Went up shortly after first snowfall on a clear day, phantastic view, worth hiking up to the top peak. Make sure to wear decent hiking boots and appropriate attire!
Maybe avoid weekends respectively go up early, no access by private car to the cable cat station, e either by bus or taxi.Written October 26, 2020
- Spent 4 days here at the end of Niseko trip and ticked a lot of the boxes.
Need more time here and will be back definitely.
Good resort and town that isn't as chaotic as Niseko but more options and better sun patches on mountain. Important for the kids, whilst I'm a powder hound, once the kids have some clear days on mountain they excelled as Niseko can be constant on the grey and snow.....(not a criticism from me)
Had a great trip and plenty to explore for next time.
Good restaurants in town and the wives did the winery and cheese factory tours etc.Written January 19, 2023
- Easy to climbing to the top from the nearest parking. We can enjoy it's view like Kirigamine Prairie and Lake Shilakaba.Written July 17, 2018
- Niseko Village ski resort offers not many runs and the runs could be very narrow. It may get boring after a couple of goes but the good thing is that the whole Niseko resort is interconnected so it is easy to access Hirafu, Hanazono or Annapuri area.Written April 12, 2021
- We visited this resort in Jan 2023 and had a great time skiing as a family. The resort offers a range of ski runs of varying difficulties - from Green runs through to Double black diamond. What we didn’t realise is that the Goryu resort and Hakuba 47 resort are actually on the same mountain and you can ski between the two by taking lifts up the mountain and changing at the top.Written January 11, 2023
- Beautiful spot where you can enjoy great views. Activities And festivities happening during the four seasons.
Cafeteria and café available
Hiking course too with the Nezuko forest.Written May 14, 2023
- I booked a Canyoning tour with Hanazono following advices from Mykola, and I can say the tour I had was amazing.
We went on sunday morning and it was safe, fun and we observed a few things with our guide Shogo (gold, fish...). I was stoked when I saw the last difficulties of the day: un big waterfall and a 6 meters jump!!!
I can say it was totally worth it and I am now thinking about booking another tour to experience the Mach3 ziplineWritten July 24, 2023
- Not a lot of vertical to the mountain, but when the snow falls in abundance it is worth skiing. If the snow base is typical, then the side country is a lot of fun, but the river would need to be covered to make travel safer. Beacon required for side country, probe and shovel should be also be carried. They should consider cutting some of the underbrush to some runs and make for better tree skiing and open slopes.Written February 13, 2020
- Very nice view to see Biwako Lake from the summit. You can Ice Skating too. Take a train from Kyoto station and see a good sight along the trip.Written January 29, 2020