Sports Camps & Clinics • Ski & Snowboard Areas
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
135 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 135
What travelers are saying
- Two of my teenagers wanted to try snowboarding. So we headed to Hakuba for the weekend. Lucked out and came across Hakuba Snow Sports School just up from our hotel. I have nothing but great things to say about my kids instructor, Merry. I got them private lessons at ¥20,000 for both for 2 hours. My kids told me it was the most fun they’ve had in awhile. They also told me Merry was better than any ski instructors they’ve had in the past. Besides Merry, I interacted with some of the other staff. They are a mix of Kiwis, Aussies, and UK folks. All are native English speakers and very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this company to anyone traveling to Hakuba wishing to get ski or snowboard lessons. The slopes the school used were also perfect for learning. My kids would still like a few more lessons so we will definitely be headed back to Hakuba for the Hakuba Snow Sports School. Thanks for giving my kids a great experience guys! Also, if you don’t have your own gear there are at least a couple rental places a short walk from the school. Just give yourself at least 30 minutes prior to your lesson to get everything you need.Written January 19, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cannot emphasize enough how great Tomomi is. She looked after our 16 month old four times during our two visits to Myoko. I initially booked my daughter (who is fine with daycare) in for two hours and doubled it because she was having such a great time. Tomomi knew exactly what she was doing and brought the best out of my little girl. Lunch was even included which was a nice surprise. Cost is ¥2000 per hour.
My only comment is around the logistics of pick up and payment. The childcare is on one side of the building and the payment area on the other side. After pickup you have to walk around and down a small slope which was a little icy. Coupled with carrying a baby or toddler, it can be hard and potentially unsafe. I probably should have asked if I could cut through internally despite the staff only sign but it would be nice if it was mentioned when booking.
Overall, I was really impressed with the childcare offered by Myoko snow sports and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Tomomi. I love my child but goodness it was nice to ski for a few hours 😁Written April 8, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Seasoned martial artists as well as wannabes or absolute beginners will find a reason to try and train here.
Firstly, the dojo is built in a traditional Japanese style: 1 storey, wooden floor, sliding doors, no unnecessary luxury. Located in the Murasaki Mura themed park - which is worth the visit in itself - you quickly forget who you are, where you are, and get transported into traditional Japan, when it all began.
This might sound romantic but the setting and peaceful, zen atmosphere of the place helps you focus on your practice.
Secondly, the masters are keen on sharing their impressive knowledge. Strip your karate off unnecessary moves, dig in to find your chi, work on fundamentals, listen, look, feel and learn. Suddenly you will feel how different your techniques can be.
I had the honour and pleasure of spending 2h training and learning from Kevin Sensei. I am grateful for all he shared with me.
For any karateka that visits the island: this is a must do.
And definitely one to check on your bucket list. But I’m warning you: you will want to come back.Written August 19, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our first family ski trip with our 7 year old who had never seen snow before. The whole booking process and customer service was excellent. I made a mistake with the booking and put the wrong date, (we were still on our way up on the train) however they were very accommodating and allowed me to rebook for the next day. We had a family lesson with our daughter, her friend and my husband and I. As beginners it was about the experience for our daughter and her friend and it was exactly what we hoped for. Our instructor Tom spent time with the girls explaining everything and focusing on safety and basic technique. He was very patient. Both girls felt confident they could handle the beginner slope after the lesson (possibly more dare devilry than skill) but the beginner slope is quite gentle so we let them try. By her third run our daughter was flying down and turning confidently... apparently she doesn’t need any more lessons... 🙄 but in the event she does we’d use Canyons again.Written February 8, 2019
- Our two boys (6 and 11) joined their summer program for a week in mid Aug and we also joined the family camp on Thur night. We all had fun. In fact this was our second time going back to Niseko and EdVenture camp after our great experience in Aug 2019. Our kids esp older one is usually hard to please but he did not mind at all going back there and both boys really liked their counselors and activities. This year they did blueberry picking, cooking, mountain biking, fly fishing and orienteering. We hope to go back there for winter or summer camp!Written August 23, 2020
- I took a couple of ski lessons last season and decided to go back this season coz I knew that a big improvement was guaranteed as I experienced last time!
I had another inspiration and feel confident now with smooth turns even at a terrain with bumps. Peter's instruction is always awesome so I have "Oh Wow, that's the ticket" epiphany moments! You will know what I mean by experiencing his lessons. I am sure I will come back again to be a better skier. Next goal can be backcountry!Written January 17, 2022
- There are vast space to play to with children. There are many play grounds. You can enjoy all day to play sports and go for a walk.Written October 9, 2014
- Had a really fun time. The history behind it is fascinating and the instructor really patient. Well definitely go again.Written January 1, 2022