Speciality Museums • Children's Museums
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
77 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 77
What travelers are saying
- Kids ages 6+ will love this! Billed as an "Interactive Ninja Theme Park." You must see the Ninja Show, at the top of the hill in a theater with flashing swords, trap doors, hidden wall panels, and much running & disappearing of ninja warriors. Yay! Ninja shows 2/day on weekdays, 4/day on weekends. Check times when you get there. You can rent costumes or not, but it would be fun for kids to dress up like a ninja or wear a kimono. We enjoyed the ninja maze house & the large authentic Japanese home with explanations in English. Authentic buildings from all over have been moved in. Not many people come here, so I hope they don't close. Built on a hill, so wear comfortable shoes. Bring a lunch or buy something Japanese to eat there. People were very friendly, but minimal English. Entrance only 1100 yen, but every activity costs extra. Great experience!Written January 17, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- You'll feel very excited if you are a fan of the cartoon series!
Taking pics non-stop and spending so much time and $$ on the souvenir shop!
But as a tourist who doesn't read / speak Japanese, it was a bit hard to locate the shuttle bus stop at the Shimizu station. There's a shuttle bus stop but no sign mentioned about the Chibimarukochan land. Just take the bus heading to the S-Pulse Dream Plaza.Written July 25, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Three floors of fun-filled activities for kids. Our 8 year old spent several hours here and said it was one of her favorite things we did while in Japan. The staff was so kind and accommodating. Admission is higher than some other museums or activities but she enjoyed every minute. Would totally recommend!Written February 27, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This funny railway museum highlighted the establishment of Hisatsu line, displaying its history through video and models. There was food outlet, shop for souvenirs and stationaries, a small splash pool, and an observatory deck at 2-3/F level. Kids must have lots of fun riding on the mini-train from indoor of Mozoca station to outdoor Hitoyoshi station.
This circular building was just 2 minutes walk from Hitoyoshi station.Written October 19, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Basement APM land is great fun.
Little English, as can be expected.
Superb architecture with certain aspects forming modern interpretation of traditional Kochi taifoon architectureWritten March 1, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My wife and me ,lived for 5 nights , in Hilton Odaiba hotel , and walked to Toyota City trough Venus Fort
and its old cars museun .
The visit there was unbileble .
The cars' view was superb ,
we can not even in our dreams to imagine , what pepole
It must been seenWritten April 12, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I've been here several times as my kids have all gone through some kind of Anpanman phase. I think it's ideal for about 2 year olds. The size of the park is small, but for 2 year olds, it's more than enough!
The cost is a bit high (1500 yen per person) and having to pay from the age of 1 is a bit rough. The admission price is the same for both adults and children too which is unfair I think. It's also difficult to just spend money on the admission fee. When I've been there, I feel like I have to buy Anpanman bread or some kind of an Anpanman snack which are of course also pricey!
My kids loved all the pretend play things and of course the shows.
Overall I think it's good for a very occasional treat!
Please be aware that parking also costs 1000 yen! If you go to Jazz Dream outlet shopping mall next door and spend over 3000 yen in one shop, you can get your parking money back. This would all depend on how my kids were after spending time at the Anpanman museum, if I thought the kids could handle it or not. Most times they were exhausted and I couldn't face shopping...Written April 29, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The food at the restaurant is good to see and eat! The Museum is big and with many figures to play and photo taking. Nice to know more of the anpanman characters and a great place for the kids to play as there is indoor/outdoor play area.Written January 17, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Spent a morning exploring every stations and enjoyed it to the max. Child had great fun climbing through the netted suspension playground and exploring the wind station. There is a huge sand-play area where little ones can run around bare footed. Also have exercise program conducted at specific timing for parent-child bonding.Written June 13, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.