Observation Decks & Towers • Ski & Snowboard Areas
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
779 places sorted by traveler favorites
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Lookouts
Admission tickets from $5.14
Showing results 1-30 of 779
What travelers are saying
- The Mt Okura Observatory is some way out of Sapporo, Hokkaido's main city. You can get the ropeway to the top of the mountain. You get a good view of the city and surrounding countryside. By the way, you can get to the Observatory by public transport.Written November 9, 2020
- The observation deck was on 21st floor of the City Council of Sakai which offered the 360 degrees view of Sakai city, included the ancient burial grounds. It was small but free of charge.Written December 18, 2017
- We visited early on a beautiful clear cool day so visibility was high. Great panorama using a long lens. A few short walks around the forest. Lots of good photos including colorful wild flowers. Also a small kiosk & clean toilets in the shade under the deck.Written April 8, 2022
- Coming back to Hiroshima from Osaka at the beginning of Golden Week here in Japan I wanted to go somewhere nice, but not so crowded and since we had never been to Awaji we decided to give it a shot. The place has a little bit of everything. You can pay 500 yen for parking and bring your picnic lunch and enjoy a nice day in their beautiful garden. For a little extra they have a botanical garden and park. You can also go fishing just across the way at Tsubasa Harbor. You can also stay at the Westin Awaji that is on site. Nice place to relax and enjoy some peaceful time with the family.Written May 6, 2017
- If you are biking, be prepared for a lung-busting climb but it's worth it! The views of the Kursushima Straits and the bridge are incredible.Written March 8, 2020
- You have to drive to this place, public transport is not available. The view is spectacular, overseeing Nijino matsubara, Karatsu shi and Karatsu sea. It cannot be a better location than this to view the strategic city.Written March 21, 2019
- The Centrair Sky Deck is worth checking out especially if you have time between flights. It's a nice place to catch a break, get fresh air, and watch the aircraft. It's actually a big observation deck worth checking out.Written June 11, 2022
- When the weather is fine that is. I think I've been here more than 50 times. There is no public transport and you need a car (or a motorcycle)to get here. You have a better chance in winter and also in the morning rather than in the afternoon. 30% or less chance if it's mid summer afternoon for example i would say to see Mt. Fuji. Depending on the time and dates, you also see a lot of sport cars and motorcycles. Those people drive up Mazda turnpike to get here. Souvenior shops, cafe, noodle restaurant, etc. Outside there's a camera stand/pole if you we ant to take a picture with My. Fuji and don't have a tripod (or just use your selfie stick of course if it's a smartphone).
After this you can go downhill to lake Ashi area.Written May 3, 2016
- I really enjoyed the views on a clear day. Interesting history on many dioramas on the viewing level.Written October 23, 2020
- Apart from temples, Japan has many other beautiful places to visit and this is definitely one of them. This place is big and it offered visitors a gorgeous view of surrounding area and Mount Fuji, all blend beautifully with its impressive modern architecture. And it is free for the public. It was cloudy when we went there, so we did not see Mount Fuji. Nevertheless, we were still awed by the scenery.
After visiting the place, we walked to the nearby ropeway (require purchase tickets) to Kunozan Toshogu Shrine.
Recommended to plan a trip to this dream terrace. We took a direct bus from Shizuoka station and it takes about a 50 min ride.Written October 24, 2020
- This place has a magnificent view of Lake Toya because of the elevation. Nice place to visit. The "TOYA" sign is cool to take pictures to prove your visit. The store also has a lot of sovereign food/snacks to buy.Written December 30, 2019
- You cannot visit Sapporo without a list to the Sapporo JR Tower Observatory to get a bird's eye view of the cityWritten January 31, 2020
- Took a taxi up the hill and walked down. Worth the effort. The Tower provided excellent views of MaizuruWritten June 29, 2020
- clean efficient but nothing special about this terminal
not much to do whilst waiting just killing time
had to flush out instructions as for what to do and which que etcWritten December 9, 2019
- The name is kind of boring but the observation deck is well worth a short visit. The view is an incredible 360 deg view of the Maebashi area, including the beautiful Mt. Akagi-yama (also, a Japanese battle-ship in WWII). There is also a restaurant-bar which was closed during our visit.Written September 29, 2017