- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
91 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 91
What travelers are saying
- I walked around the Government building recently. After a lot of snow, there were small paths carved out from other people around the building. I didn't enter or anything but I enjoyed viewing the exterior of the building and the park. At night, the building was lit up and looked great! The architecture is unique for Japan, so I recommend at least walking by.Written February 9, 2022
- One of my Favorite Structures, when I first saw it: decorated with Okinawan Caesars on all corners, each with a different pose & face! Much more than a Government Building, this construction of cement is softened by the lovely 2-tone colors, pergola-like overheads creating interesting shadows, stairways jutting out & adding angles, capturing an Okinawan feeling. Even the trees planted in the parking lot spread their maroon leaves sideways to create shade which matches the pink tones of the building.
I heard they took the Cesears down because they were getting loose and dangerous. I hope they find a way to return such an interesting character to the building!Written April 13, 2021
- Blue sky and clear which spells a nice view to Mount Fuji. Follow the signs to observatory, make sure line up for the observatory elevator. There is a quick check for bags and backpacks. You go up 47 floors and the view is magnificent. There’s a souvenir and coffee shop. No time limit so spend as much time as you want. Attraction is free.Written May 10, 2022
- 日本是艺术国家之一。 从东京到大阪的建筑遗迹展现出日本风格。 当地方面着重于美丽的外观。 耀眼的金色和不同之处也带出了独特的城市建筑。 更加规则和繁荣日本的另一端。 东京和日本的独特美食对令人难忘的回忆非常有吸引力。 个人意见仅供参考Starchan
Japan is one of the artistic countries. The architectural remains from Tokyo to Osaka show Japanese style. The local aspect focuses on beautiful appearance. The dazzling gold and differences also bring out unique urban architecture. More regular and prosperous at the other end of Japan. The unique cuisine of Tokyo and Japan is very attractive to unforgettable memories. Personal opinions are for reference only StarchanWritten May 27, 2021
- Delightful City Centre Gardens for a stroll, a selfie or two, chill and a spot of people-watching, and maybe even a Coffee/Beverage before walking back to the New Otani Hotel, from which these grounds can clearly be seen (if one is on the right side, of course).
Interior Visitors to the Palace had to book well in-advance, choose a specific Tour (to ensure bi-lingual Guide's availability). Apparently, these Tours are enormously popular with folks of a certain Generation, those for whom the Japanese Royal Family and all that they do or did still grips, those with a passion for Japanese Royal Palaces (and their Architecture), and especially Japanese Antique Furniture.Written September 18, 2020
- First attracted by the design of this Hokkaido Governor’s Official Residence, the combination of colour and design is really a
perfect match. I took a subway to Nishi-Juhatchome and take exit 4 from the station. However, the green directory outside the station indicated to go straight 400m , I followed and found no sight of this Residence. I approached one lady and she pointed out the right direction to me. It is the same direction to Modern Art Museum. They are next to each other, from the Modern Art Museum, just cross the road you see the big signboard of Migishi Kotaro Museum of Art, this is the Residence.Written October 29, 2017
- Miyazaki prefecture government building or Kencho is an old building but it is quite attractive if you like history..Written July 20, 2019
- there is a free observatory on 11th floor from hwere you can enjoy the superb view of the city and mountains of Hidaka, Tokachi and Daisetsu. Also there is a cafe and you can enjoy the driks and food as well.Written December 25, 2018
- Ibaraki Prefectural Government Observation Deck is a place where you can see a wonderful view of Mito. It is located in the town of Kasahara in Mito.
There is a café shop and free space there. Therefore, there were many people such as students and families as well as tourists. The area has floor-to-ceiling windows, so you can see the beautiful scenery. In addition, there are many outlets and free Wi-Fi. I think it is a very good environment for those who want to relax in the free space for a long time.
It is difficult to find a seat because there are many people in the daytime. If you want to go when there are few people, I’d recommend going in the evening.
And there is no clocks in the free space on the north side, so if you want to know the time, you need to check it on your watch or mobile phone.Written June 7, 2021
- They sell Mt Fuji stamps and postcards here that you cannot get elsewhere in Tokyo. And you can mail back home from here. They will assist you so you dont have to worry if you are unsure what to do.Written December 7, 2019
- I saw that building when i was heading to Nagoya Castle. It was so different than other buildings that i noticed it right away. I think it's some kind of mix of western and japanese style. Some might say it looks a little bit boring but i found it interesting.Written May 5, 2019