- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
114 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 114
What travelers are saying
- I visited Malioboro on a studytour back in 2018. Malioboro is a famous street in Jogja and is surrounded by many hotels, batik shop, and other local shops.
I visited Malioboro on a buzy, bustling night where all the vendors are selling their goods, tourist are busy sightlooking and buying things, and the street is packed with vehicles and delman. This lively and busy atmosphere makes my experience of visiting Malioboro reallly enjoyable. With many vendors there--selling lots of stuff and sovenirs-- you could find lots of interesting thing to buy for yourself and as a souvenir. And across the street, you can find a modern shopping centre; you could visit both the local and modern vendors. Even if you don't buy anything, sightseeing and eye-shopping in Malioboro is still an enjoyable experience.
Thus, if you want to visit Jogja for the first time, don't forget to visist Malioboro Street, especially if you want to do lots of shopping.Written February 23, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great market. Massive and easy to get lost in. Found awesome local batik down the side alleys and watching the locals buying their daily stuff. Local food around if you hunt around the little corners and entrances.Written February 29, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After a morning out exploring the various temples in the region, my brother and I were relieved to shelter from the heat/humidity.
Our first stop was for refreshing drinks from Starbucks consisting of a Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino and a Mango Passionfruit Blended Juice which really hit the spot!
After a sometime spent relaxing in Starbucks, we had a browse and found 'The Body Shop' were we purchased some much needed soothing Aloe Vera gel for our sunburns.
Out of the few malls I have visited in Southeast Asia, I consider this one to be the best.Written October 29, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Plaza Ambarrukmo provided a welcome break from the hustle and bustle of Yogyakarta's streets. It is adjacent to the Royal Ambarrukmo hotel, and there is a pedestrian bridge across the street to the affiliated Grand Ambarrukmo hotel. The supermarket in the basement has the usual essentials, and some places to eat. There is a hardware store on the top floor.Written January 24, 2020
- this place is perfect for exhibitions and the like, the facilities and equipment are quite complete. really fits placeWritten April 15, 2022
- I visited this mall for a search of restaurants. As I entered this air conditioned mall, I saw that very less people were wearing face masks or following social distancing. The stores were cheap and food was excellent. I would like to tell the people who work for malioboro mall to update their covid 19 policies as the cases in jogja itself are rising drastically!Written December 11, 2020
- Visiting my nephew for few days, for transit.Jogja is a special city for me. Heritage building, cool people make Unforgettable memories. Getting a street food arround the city that safe for pedestrian actually. Want to come back to another day to visit another heritage building. Just cannot wait.Written February 19, 2019
- As a loving animal person it was hard for me to see the conditions of these captured Animals but on the other hand it was interesting to see a market like this since they don't exist in my country. There are a lot of different animals from monkeys to dogs and cats, bats, lizards, birds off course and many more. It's easy reachable from Kraton by ojek or Pejak for about 10.000 idr.Written November 11, 2016
- I have visited the Gajah Gallery at Keppel Road in Singapore and this one is different. The artists in Yogyakarta are extremely creative. My wife is trained in arts and she is much more interested in art galleries than me but I try to appreciate. Worth a visit! Will buy a piece if we have the time to pick and choose but we were in a rush.Written August 2, 2019
- While in Yogyakarta our tour group visited this studio. We were pleasantly surprised by the number of works and the vast array of sizes available. It would have been nice to see the dying process but we were able to see the application of the waxes. We did purchase two pieces and came home and have hung them up.Written December 3, 2019
- traveler for who is there ,better using taxi or public on line transport , since and using main entrance at Jl.Sudirman, so please be aware if rain sleepy floor is handicapWritten March 7, 2020
- Nice quiet supermarket. And not as expensive as Tesco in the other famous mall. Service was fantastic, when asking for help, the staff actually showed you where the item was and stayed with you will it was done and gave advise on the different Brand’s shown.
Fruits were fresh and generally good value for the buck.Written September 28, 2018
- I am a person who believes that jamu, Indonesian herbal drink, has a lot of health benefit. One day I got an information that there is a small jamu shop at Kranggan traditional market. At that shop, you will be able to see the process of Jamu from scratch.
Mr. Nugroho is the one who makes the jamu drink. He has been selling jamu for three years now. His signature jamu is kunir asam (turmeric & tamarind), which I found really refreshing. This drink is believed to have impact on your gut system. Mr. nugroho's jamu is rather thick, not like any other jamu I have ever drunk in my life. Everything is natural, no added sugar whatsoever.
If you want to meet him and his signature jamu, come to Kranggan traditional market at 5 AM. The jamu drink usually sold out at 8 AM.Written September 11, 2018
- Incredible craftsmanship. Tatang was a gracious host who explained the many different pieces of batik art on display in the gallery and the stories of the artists who made them. The quality of batik in this gallery is unparalleled in Indonesia, and the effort made by Leksa Ganesha to use their batik craft to impact local issues in Indonesia, including orangutan habitat preservation and maritime conservation, makes Leksa Ganesha stand out in the field of batik in indonesia.
In addition to exceptional batik, the kind folks at Leksa Ganesha will show you each step of the batik process, including how the dyes are created, where the resist wax is applied, and how it is removed at the end of the process. They also have a coffee shop that sources local beans from farmers working in volcanic areas of Indonesia like Ijen and Merapi.
We can't recommend this strongly enough. We were able to get incredibly beautiful, unique, and priceless batik that we will treasure long after we have left Indonesia, as well as an interesting tour and insight into the efforts of this great organization throughout Indonesia. Go visit!Written April 25, 2021
- Taman Lampion is a garden full of lantern around this Monumen Jogja Kembali at night. So many varieties of lantern shapes. From famous cartoon figure, to famous people, buildings, animals, trees & flowers. Can't help to take picture with each one of it. Just need to adjust the lighting when taking the picture because there were no other source of light except the various lantern. The garden was large and with many stops to take picture it took us about more than one hour to go around.
Need to go back with much slower pace, no kids, to get the romantic atmosphere :-DWritten March 28, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Yogyakarta Region
- These experiences are best for shopping in Yogyakarta Region:
- Explore City Tour from Yogyakarta
- Sunrise at Setumbu - Borobudur - Prambanan
- Yogyakarta City Walking Tour
- These are the best places for couples seeking shopping in Yogyakarta Region:See more shopping for couples in Yogyakarta Region on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking shopping in Yogyakarta Region:See more shopping for groups in Yogyakarta Region on Tripadvisor