- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
64 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 64
What travelers are saying
- We visited it because of the supermarket, but we found a lot of branded stores here at normal prices. It is also conveniently located, you can quickly get here by a taxi from the center. sometimes it;s too cold because the ac running too much.Written August 14, 2022
- I was looking forward to visiting the Masjid Istqlal in Jakarta simply for it's place in the historical context of Indonesia and it's architectural impact. What I wasn't expecting was the warm welcome and patience in answering my questions about the mosque and Islam. As a westerner with a christian-based childhood, I wasn't sure what to expect. In the United States there are a lot of preconceived notions about Islam and Muslims. Our experience was one of the highlights of our visit to Jakarta. The mosque is breathtaking in its size and scope. The tour was somewhat brief, but very informative. I felt that our guide would have taken as much time as needed to answer any questions we had.
Masjid Istiqlal is a terrific highlight to your visit to Indonesia if you're interested in architecture, learning about Islam and it's role in the formation of modern Indonesia, and for the tranquility of the massive structure in the middle of busy and huge Jakarta.
Salam!Written August 11, 2022
- Nice aquarium with cheap price.
Recomended to visit this with your entire family.
Their aircond is goodWritten November 27, 2020
- We arrived at the monument a little short of time having taken over a hour to get to it from our hotel by taxi. On arriving at the entrance we were told at least an hour possibly 2 hours to wait to get elevator to top, spent an enjoyable hour going around the museum in the base admiring the diorama's depicting the history of IndonesiaWritten August 5, 2022
- It's only an hour away by boat from Jakarta. You can do snorkel and diving, though the water is pretty muddy and water isn't very clear. Still it's good if you want to get some sea without going too far from the capital.Written February 3, 2020
- The National Museum is a referential place for understanding the cultural mosaic of Indonesia and its complicated past merging Hindu-Buddhist traditions, Chinese trade, Muslim invasions, and the first historical contacts with Portuguese in the early 16th century, after that the Dutch colonial process that built up Batavia. The visitor is surprised at the museum entry with the Portuguese "padrão" (a stone column) with the arms of King Manuel (1495-1521), celebrating the treaty of Sunda Kelapa. Then, when you enter the large rooms and corridors of the museum, we are astonished by the vast amount of Hindu monuments, precious ceramics, woodcrafts, and textiles. It takes hours to construct an organized visual memory of all these thousands of objects. And this is the main problem of the National Museum: it still follows old 19th-century repositories of massive collections of all objects about historical cultures. The museum needs to select only some moving artifacts and use them to highlight us on the unique history of Java and later Indonesia. More virtual information and activities for children and teens are needed.Written March 14, 2020
- I'm glad that they have been upgraded some rooms, collections, and also the other facilities! You can see a different kind of money from the past until the present time.Written February 19, 2021
- After many months staying at home we started going outdoors. We found TMII as the appropriate place, it was not too crowded, affordable and also a place that offered many educative experiences for children. We went to Taman Burung (bird park) and Museum ikan air tawar dan serangga (fresh water fish dan bug museum). All gave beautiful moments for us and there are so many other places inside TMII that we plan to go to laterWritten December 13, 2020
- There's nothing to say but this place is quite old but still in the good condition.
I was tried looking for a traditional food there but I couldn't find it.
Overall is best. Thanks.Written June 3, 2022
- the most luxurious mall in jakarta barat.
pets friendly and a koi pond as well as lots of fancy snacksWritten May 21, 2022
- if you're planning to go out of town by train, this is the central station. A lot of cafe, mini marts, and restaurant inside so plenty of space to wait for your ride.Written February 3, 2020
- Kokas is a nice mall to visit with family, friends or alone. There are so many tenants and events here. Especially if you're looking for (unique/intersting) food. You can find food society, little tokyo, eat republic and many cafés here.Written January 10, 2020
- as far as I know, the nearest MRT station to the shopping mall is Blok M BCA station. One can go there by online transportation offered by, such as, gojek or grab. I admire the varieties and number of restaurants it has. The place is also worthy to be a one-stop shopping place in Jakarta.Written February 19, 2020
- Huge mall on South Jakarta Area. Literally huge as in they're about to expand the mall even bigger until the whole intersection surrounded by the mall I guess.
Huge mall comes with complete tenants and restaurants, but I dont really like to go here actually, because it's always hard to look for parking space.Written February 4, 2020
- This Gorgeous Jakarta Cathedral is located at Jakarta, Indonesia. It is one of the best peaceful place you can find. It's much worth to travel there. One of the must place to visit in Jakarta.
There is no entry fee...... Obviously because this is church.
Candles are free, you can light as much as candles as you can. But, the flowers has prices ranging from 10,000 IDR, which is not even $1. Photographies are allowed.
Note: The museum in the church won't open sometimes. So don't visit just for the museum.
The easiest way to destined this place is through busway facility. The stop is called "Juanda". The central part of all busway connector is called "Harmoni", from Harmoni getting on Juanda is very easy.
It is "two in one" best visit, because opposite to it. There is a largest mosque in South east asia called "Istiqlal mosque".Written February 12, 2020