- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Fun & Games
Fun & Games
12 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- The cinema is located near Yau Ma Tei’s Temple Street (market and Jade Market) and the heritage Yau Ma Tei police station. (MTR station: Yau Ma Tei). In addition to commercial films, it hosts from time to time special theme or international film festivals. It also has a small dvd shop (free dvd rental for members), a book shop and a café (with electricity charge outlet but no wi-fi) which usually becomes fully packed after noon). Free access to toilet. McDobald’s just next door. Round the corner is a 7-11 shop. The Yau Ma Tei fruit market just five minute’s walk away. It is kind of a refreshment centre after a visit to the other points of interests in Yau Ma Tei.Written October 6, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very old theatre with Canto Opera performances that the older generation like.
Theatre was threatened with destruction but an outcry from the public saved it.
A throw back to the Hong Kong that we don't know.Written October 10, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Now I am rating this as an attraction and not as a resource center. I went to see an exhibition on how old movies capture the vanished cityscape of Hong Kong; the exhibition hall was small but the exhibition itself was okay. But other than that not much there except periodic screening of old classics. Easily acccessible - just 5-6 minute walk from Sai Wan Ho MTR station, but somewhat out of the way for the typical traveller.Written May 5, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- There is a MCL Cinema in the outdoor section of the Telford Mall at Kowloon Bay. It is just a few minutes walk from the MTR Station and has movie showing from morning until late in the evening daily.
There are 6 houses with 100-150 seats in each. A few of the houses are equipped motion seats with 4D effects and/or with vibration seats and laser projection systems to create an immersive theatre experience.
In the lobby you'll find expected ticket counter, self-use ticketing machines, daily schedules for movies being shown, screen times (and languages), a large screen in the lobby showing future flick trailers, snack kiosk and a tea shop.Written September 22, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Adjacent to IKEA building and near SOGO mall, this upstairs Cinéma City JP ( there are different branches of Cinema City in HK) in Causeway Bay is one of the remaining fews that still has a very large house for each movie, sitting several hundreds all at once. Many modern theatres in HK have much smaller house per screen.
First showing around 10 am weekday is cheap, $38@ and $20 for seniors.
Seats are comfy and stadium style. Screen is IMAX sized. Recently updated.Written May 15, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I was invited to be part of the surprise engagement party for a friend. The guy decided to hold it here - friends of both the guy and the girl were invited to watch a movie here, the couple arrived late so that they couldn't discover the rest of the audience were people they knew, then in the middle of the movie it switched to play a video the guy prepared asking her to marry him. Even though we didn't finish the movie here, we experienced the service - service staff would come to you to ask for your choice of food and drink, and bring them to you later. The seats were comfy and large enough. Being here is a way to enjoy a movie you like (apart from watching it at home, if you have good equipment). It's not cheap, but once in a while you may spoil yourself.Written December 22, 2014This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Went to watch a movie in Manhattan screen which was one of the big screen with Dolby Atmos. At first, seat number were hard to find, but look at the carpet and there are big letters telling you which row is which. If you come in late and it's dark, then good luck finding your row. Seats themselves are quite comfortable, but a little old looking and they don't look the cleanest either. Toilets are a floor below and are accessed through a very flight of stpes, so if there are lots of people, then this can be a bit of a hazard. As I mentioned in the title, there seems to be works going on, either that or the walls in the corridors looked temporary.Written October 9, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This was an old cinema theatre which is newly renovated. Located near Tuen Mun MTR station. Tickets cost much cheaper than any other cinema theatres in Hong Kong, making it affordable for families to attend.
Adult 60HKD or less and Child 45HKD. Comfortable seats and clean environment. Parking is easily available.
Next to a small shopping complex and eateries like McDonals, KFC and few restaurants.
Quick Tip: Tickets cost dirt cheap on Tuesdays
Adult 45HKD Child 40HKDWritten October 7, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.