Paint & Pottery Studios • Lessons & Workshops
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
26 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- I work in Beijing, and when my family came to visit, I arranged a 3-hour painting class with Richard. Both my sixteen year-old cousin and 60 year-old mother greatly enjoyed the workshop. They found Richard's class informative and inspiring. My family felt the experience of discovering what it means to paint with the entire body and mind was inspiring. After class, he had lunch with my family and helped them get a taxi back to their hotel. This was incredibly helpful to me, because I was at work. All in all, my cousin and mother found Richard kind and passionate, and we all recommend Richard's classes.Written November 1, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Excellent location, facilities, cultural activities, and program management. They have a variety of options that fit your needs, which is especially helpful as a working professional looking to take parttime classes. There are also numerous fulltime courses that students are using to prepare for the official HSK tests.
They always seem to be quite organized as well - all of the classes go off without a hitch and are very well planned by their administrative team. The teachers were quite professional as well, teaching about topics relevant to your needs instead of a standard lesson.
Highly recommended!Written November 4, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I have been attending both group classes (in-person) and private classes (mostly online) at the Mandarin Zone for ~6 months now. I very much appreciate the flexibility to move around between classes according to my personal needs. The teachers are very experienced and knowledgeable and they make learning Chinese a fun experience. I highly recommend this school for anyone wanting to learn or improve their Mandarin Chinese skills.Written January 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My flight arrived an hour late so the company had to adjust my schedule but i had the best time on the layover tour including the Great Wall, Forbidden City and the Pandas at the Zoo. I was blown away by the wonderfully descriptive and interactive itinerary that was prepared and everything was fun, educational, safe, and quite reasonably priced.Jenny the guide was exceptional she touched on just enough of the important history about the places we visited and was willing to give endless photo moments i really have to put it out there. Highly recommend these guys for your layover tour it was truly a once in a lifetime experience.Written June 15, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I visited Beijing the first time in August of 2018. We, a group of about 10 people, signed up for a day tour. Itinerary was Great Wall (mutianyu section) in the morning and Yiheyuan in the afternoon. Alily was our tour guide. She and the driver picked us up from the hotel in the morning. After fighting traffic for > 3 h, we arrived at the Great Wall around 10 am. Alily accompanied us all along while climbing the wall, making suggestions based on individual’s interest and physical ability so everyone could enjoy the walk to the fullest. We spent about 2 h at the Great Wall. I hiked the entire section that’s open to public. It was a good workout. The view on top was fantastic.
The lunch was arranged at a nearby restaurant. Good timing and the foods were delicious. After lunch, we drove back to the city to visit Yiheyuan –summer palace of the emperor of Qing dynasty. Weather started to get warm and when we arrived, Yiheyuan was already people mountain people sea. We spent about an hour walking along the Kunming Lake and then decided to call it a day. We did not get to see the palace which is on the other side of lake. Alily was again walking with us all the time and sent us back to the hotel afterwards. To circle around the Kunming Lake and see the palace will require at least 3-4 hours. I would recommend doing it first thing in the morning before the crowd.
We enjoyed the day trip very much. Alily is reliable, knowledgeable, warm and very personable, a tour guide I strongly recommended. One more thing worth mentioning is that Alily is a certified English tour guide. Her fluency in English was very helpful for my American colleagues.Written September 29, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.