National Parks • Nature & Wildlife Areas
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
152 places sorted by traveler favorites
City Tours • Cultural Tours
Nairobi Central Business District
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours • Safaris
Nairobi Central Business District
Safaris • Nature & Wildlife Tours
Nairobi Central Business District
Multi-day Tours • Safaris
Nairobi Central Business District
City Tours • Eco Tours
Nairobi Central Business District
Showing results 1-30 of 152
What travelers are saying
- We went with another couple the day before our 2 week safari tour started, and had a terrific time. It is amazing that this national park is within the city limits of Nairobi- a city of several million people. It was at times strange to see gazelles and rhinos and other large mammals in the foreground, and the city skyline in the background.
We saw well over 100 large mammals that game drive (in a hired van with driver) and it was a good warm up experience.Written August 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is the ideal place to breathe. The views are truly amazing and the Wildlife is just amazing. From the roaring lions and the laughing hyenas at night to the visiting Girrafe and glimpses of buffaloes, the neighing of Zebras, and the cute impala. SO breathtaking. The countless varieties of birds are just splendid. I recommend this experience. 10/10Written May 20, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The service offered by Explorer Kenia was delightfull. Comunication with Ibrahim was easy and clear, and he even helped us with some problems with the local flight, even thou the reservation was made by ourselves.
Once here, eveything was better than expected.
Mr.Simon picked us up at the airport and during the way to Masai Mara explained múltiple things about the history and customs of the country.
Once in the park we coudn't ask for more. Mr. Simon has a smooth drive in these bumpy roads and an amazing hability to move around the park. He did his best so we could not only see every animal but also especial moments and find the best place for the perfect picture, and lots of patience until se managed to get them.
All of this with followed by a very enriching explanation of every animal, plant and geographical point we met. Thank you so much, you made us really happy!
The camp is in a beautiful location, just next to the Talek Door. Food is delicious even when they prepare packed lunch for the safari. The staff is always helpful and making sure you get the most of the full experience.
For sure, we are taking back home, life lasting memories, just as you promised before the adventure started.Written August 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We tried another Safari company in Kenya but were disappointed and directed to Bigfoot Adventures for our next. Now we've discovered Bigfoot, we can only recommend them to anyone booking a safari in Kenya. We organised a 3 night trip to Masai Mara with Gideion as our guide and Mara Sopa Lodge as our accommodation. Let me share our experience.
Gideion communicated with us through Whatsapp and picked us up at our hotel on time as agreed. He's polite, well presented and takes care of the safari vehicle so you're always in a clean, comfortable vehicle with unlimited drinking water.
What's more, Gidieon drives well and ensures you have a smooth ride. He makes it as smooth as possible, even when you get on the bumpy roads of the Masai Mara. If there's a bump coming up, he'll be sure to warn you first.
Gidieon is knowledgeable and keen about wildlife including birds. If you're a first timer on a safari or an experienced safari goer, Gidieon will ensure you enjoy your safari and see what you came to see. Wildlife is unpredictable but Gidieon will do his best and use his experience to enable you to see as much as possible and get you in the best position for photos.
He's genuinely keen about what you want to see and what you're interested in, add his good sense of humour and you're guaranteed a fun safari which will create lifetime memories.
The Mara Sopa Lodge is a wonderful place to stay where you can relax, eat good food, drink, use fast WiFi and sleep inbetween safaris.
Don't make the mistake we did and book with another company. Just choose the right company first, choose Bigfoot.Written August 6, 2022
- Having grown up in Nairobi my sister and I returned years later to head down memory lane. Daniel was a fantastic guide and his stories very humbling, a brilliant way to understand Nairobi and all its challenges. To be a very small part of someone like Daniel (Captain) changing his life was inspirational. I can't recommend this tour enough ... don't hesitate, just bookWritten June 5, 2022
- We were recommended by a friend to explore Mufasa Tours & Travels for our Kenya trip recently. They helped us cover a mind blowing, mesmerising tour covering Masai Mara, Amboseli national park and lake naivasha- through a private safari on a Toyota Landceuiser. Joseph is a very helpful person, who can help arrange for the tour packages customised for you. He understands your needs very well, and can cater to budget as well as luxury seekers. Naftalie is a brilliant tour guide who I would personally recommend for all travellers to Kenya- he takes a genuine interest in knowing you and caters the travel to your objectives very well. He helped us click stunning photos and videos of the animals, and went out of his way to even spot the elusive Leopard- check out our Instagram handle @theworkingtravellers for more.
Don’t think about the likes of SOTC, MMT or Thomas Cook- just go for Mufasa Tours & Travels!Written August 15, 2022
- My husband and I had an unforgettable 7 days safari with Tazama Africa Holiday and I would like to highly recommend it to those who are interested in a safari trip.
We planned our trip a bit late, but thanks to Antony, we decided the date, flight and schedules very efficiently. He was alway very responsive to all of my questions, which helped me to prepare everything well before the trip.
We visited Amboseli, Naivasha, Nakuru and Maasai Mara. Our excellent guide, Josphat made our safari a perfect one by his professionalism and kindness. (Thank you Josphat:)) We were completely impressed by his super rich experiences and perfect eyesight to find animals in the wild. We saw Big 5 and many other lovely animals. He was very knowledgeable, not only introducing us the names of the animal, but also their characteristics and fun facts about them. He also helped us learn more about Kenya (languages, cultures, ethnic groups...). Besides, he was a very kind person and was willing to help others whenever he could!Written August 8, 2022
- Steve tailored for us a custom safari in Amboseli and Masai Mara with two flight connections.
In the planning stage we talked to a number of different safari agencies. Steve from Natural World was by far the most responsive and engaged agent we interacted with, which made us decide to go with him.
Everything went smoothly, we were extremely well taken care of, the lodges were perfect.
Our two guides, Rama in Amboseli and Charlie in Masai Mara, were incredibly knowledgeable, reliable, and a pleasure to spend time with.
Highly recommended.Written August 14, 2022
- I was looking around for quotes for safari and the parks they visit but felt that Axis offered what I wanted. Lennox was super prompt in replies and all was well-planned for my 5D Mara-Lake Naivasha-Amboseli mixed camp and lodges with a land cruiser.
Our guide Peter is super experienced and knowledgeable. I kind of think there’s probably not much he didn’t know. Haha. His driving is superb with great manoeuvring skills and also always managed to help us find a good spot for photo taking. On top of that he helped us spot many animals along the way. Super friendly and approachable and one whom you can trust.
The places we stayed at were Lenchata Lodge Camp - its like glamping with bathroom at the back. Hot water is available. Jacinta was very hospitable and friendly. Food tasted good as well!
Lake Naivasha Sopa Lodge-we love this place because the animals were free to roam around the area, they can be just right behind your backyard.
AA Lodge-in AA they have decent cottage rooms and buffets so we tried quite varied stays at different places.
We saw 4/5 of the big five but it doesn’t disappoint because the 7 of us in the group was just wowed by the whole experience.
I highly recommend Axis as your tour company and Peter as your guide. Throughout the whole safari experience we were all well taken care of and has numerous pictures that wowed our friends and family. Will come back again!Written August 14, 2022
- We had a superb experience with Monkey Adventures right from our stay in Nairobi, to our very knowledgeable guide Richard and the trip to Masai Maara.
Highly recommended. They are very clear and transparent about the inclusions and exclusions in the price quoted to the customerWritten August 5, 2022
- I did a spectacular 17 days private Kenya and Tanzania Safari. Coming from Los Angeles, i was so sceptical about it, but having researched about several tour companies that offer Affordable and Quality services, i came across Cheetah Revolution Safaris and spoke to John. He arranged everything and made sure i was comfortable, from the Luxurious accomodation to the game drives and everything. It was a solo trip and let me say a big Thank you to Felix who guided the Kenya Safari at Mara and Laban who guided the Tanzania Safari at Serengeti. This are well detailed guides who explained everything, made sure i never missed a thing and made the trip amazingly fun.
I am really really looking forward to doing more safaris with Cheetah Revolution Safaris.
To John, Felix and Laban, you are doing a good job.
Thank you.Written August 11, 2022
- We found Spirit of Kenya Spirit through online surfing and contacted over website inquiries. Tiago replied my inquiry within 24 hours and since then we started timely and productive conversations to sort out various options fitting our trip expectations. To my pleasant surprise, we confirmed and finalized all travel plan details in a week.
The actual trip in Kenya was even more pleasant and fun. Our guide, Paul, is extremely excellent in guiding, driving, conversation, and engaging. He knows all to the details about Kenya and the beautiful nature / animals -- that's expected; but beyond he's super professional to keep us comfortable to explain all details and next steps as why. As we're new to a culture, a country, and a continent, guided and accompanied by a local that we can fully trust was definitely the most important factor for us to be able to enjoy the trip. Paul is very capable in doing that. I would also give a 5-star on every other possible detailed questions that a review / survey about local tour guide can ask:)
We already decided we'll definitely come back to travel and learn more about rest of the areas of Kenya and the safari, for that Spirit of Kenya will absolutely still be our first choice.Written August 13, 2022
- We LOVE Kenya's animals, people and landscape and just returned from our second safari with DK Grand Safaris. We were lucky to have Daniel Kikemu as our guide but no matter who accompanies you, all of DK's guides, drivers and staff are delightful and knowledgeable. The tented camps are our favorite. We celebrated my birthday with a sunrise hot air balloon ride over the Masai Mara, followed by a champagne breakfast and that evening at the tented camp Kichwa Tembo, a party like no other. It was a thrill to see the big 5 and countless beautiful animals. We watched wildebeests and zebras cross the river during the great migration.
We were serenaded by bush babies, hyenas, hyraxes and hippos heading inland to feed each night. I encourage everyone I know to go on safari with DK Grand Safaris because it will be the experience of your lifetime.Written August 15, 2022
- Our safari in the Masai Mara was truly one of the best experiences of my life. The camp itself was so comfortable, the staff were wonderful, and the food was unbelievable! The area itself has its own majestic beauty, and we were lucky enough to see all the animals we had hoped to see - and even some that we weren't expecting. Our guide (Ben) was extremely knowledgable and considerate - I really enjoyed talking with him about everything. I keep re-living the whole experience in my mind and I wish I could do it all over again. I can't wait to go back and try a different safari with Porini.Written August 10, 2022
- I was picked up at my hotel by John who is a very nice guy, then we met Raymond , Great rider!, we did a 3:30 hours ride a good pace, he showed me around , we did a mix of single trail and gravel. It is a shame I do not have more time in Nairobi otherwise I would do more rides with them.Written July 29, 2022