Shark diving in Cairo
Top Shark Diving in Cairo, Egypt
Shark Diving in Cairo
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Multi-day Tours • Scuba & Snorkelling
Multi-day Tours • Cultural Tours
Parasailing & Paragliding • Scuba & Snorkelling
What travelers are saying
- Every now and then, during our visit to Egypt, my husband and I would turn to each other and say, “This is the trip of a lifetime!” And it was.
Flawlessly organized by Egypt for Americans, our nearly two-week trip to Egypt (with an extension to Petra, Jordan) was beyond all our expectations. Amr worked with us to plan the perfect itinerary. He paid attention to everything we especially wanted to see and do, as well as making suggestions about other sights we weren’t aware of.
In Cairo, our destination manager, Mohamed Abdelaziz, made sure everything went smoothly. Our Egyptologist guides were experts about everything we were seeing and great story tellers. They made ancient Egypt come alive for us. And their guidance about modern Egypt was invaluable. And our Jordanian guide helped us discover the magic of his country especially Petra.
From our expert drivers to the people who greeted us, accompanied us, and guided us through the airports, our trip was perfect. The transportation supplied was excellent and the hotel accommodations Egypt for Americans arranged for us were fabulous.
I’ve been wanting to see Egypt for most of my life. This trip was everything I had dreamed it would be and more. Thanks to Egypt for Americans, this really was the trip of a lifetime! Thank you!Written April 11, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I read the Trip Advisor reviews to find a travel company to use for a two-week trip to Egypt in April with my nine-year old granddaughter. As an 80-year-old woman traveling with a child, I wanted to feel confident that our trip was as safe and problem-free as possible. I choose Ramses Travel and could not have made a better choice. From start to finish, our trip was not only safe and problem free but beyond my expectations.
Our representative at Ramses Travel was Nader Ahmed and, from my first message to him, he answered each question and request immediately. He made suggestions which enhanced our itinerary and remembered each detail and special request that I had.
We were met at the Cairo airport in the wee hours of the morning by a Ramses representative, Mustafa, who whisked us through the VISA and ATM needs, and we were delivered to our beautiful hotel by our driver, John, who pointed out sights throughout our long drive and made sure everything was in order there before he left us. He was our driver throughout Cairo and the area and drove safely and expertly through the traffic, complimented by his nice personality and desire to help.
Our guide in Cairo and the area was Lily and she was a delight. An Egyptologist with perfect English, Lily made sure my young granddaughter understood everything we were seeing and experiencing. They developed a special relationship due to Lily’s way with children and they had an exhausting but wonder-filled time exploring inside the pyramids. Lily was also a wealth of information for us about questions we had about the day-to-day life of the Egyptian people.
We had asked at the last minute before our trip if it was possible for us to visit a school or a day care center and Lily made it possible for us to visit a nursery school on our last day in Cairo. She also led my granddaughter and I through the people’s Egyptian bazaar, at our request, to enjoy what girls enjoy most—a giggly, fun-filled shopping trip. Lily and Nader are truly valuable assets to the Ramses Travel Company.
When we left Cairo, we were taken to the airport by John and all of the details were taken care of by him. We flew to Luxor where we were met by our new guide, Wael. Wael spoke very good English, was an expert guide, took care of everything at the airport and spent the remainder of our trip with us. He also answered our many questions, especially things we wanted to know about Islam, Egypt and Ramadan.
Ramses Travel had reserved six days on the Nile on the dahabiya The Orient Star for us and Wael was there with us and guided us expertly on all of the shore excursions. He accompanied us on our car trip to and from Abu Simbel and made it possible for us to attend the Sound and Light show there, which we had not reserved. We rode back to Aswan and he took us to the airport where our trip with Ramses ended and we flew back to Cairo.
The final surprise for us from Ramses Travel was when we landed in Cairo. We had to get our baggage in the domestic terminal and walk to the international terminal and recheck our baggage for the flight to the United States. Imagine our surprise when their representative, Mustafa, met us at domestic baggage, got our suitcases, escorted us to the international terminal, helped us through the many security checkpoints, and directed us to the check-in desk. I will be forever grateful for this valuable service. Thank you, Nader, for arranging this.
Every hotel they booked for us was excellent; comfortable, with great food and great customer service. The dahabiya The Orient Star was also very comfortable with a pleasing crew and superb food.
I have not reviewed Egypt nor the hotels and dahabiya in this review because I will do that in others. I just wanted to let everyone looking for a travel company know what great service we had from this company. From beginning to end, they catered to our every need and went above and beyond what I expected from all of their employees. I had a previous bad experience trying to book a company, so this really opened my eyes to what good customer service is all about. In the first phone conversation I had with Nader he said, “We will be your family here in Egypt” and he and his employees made that a reality.Written April 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Haitham organised everything for me and was a great source of knowledge and encouragement. When I come back to Egypt for more diving I will be sure to do it with him again! Ahmed was my instructor and he helped me learn the required skills effectively - and efficiently (since I was guilty of being a quick breather!). Both Ahmed and Haitham are cool guys with good vibes and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. The experience was enjoyable and I loved seeing all the fish and being near the reef! 5*!Written April 28, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was our first visit to Egypt. So we were a bit afraid to book with a tour guide directly without an agency but our tour went perfectly. Especially in the Pyramids area of Giza plateau, vendors there were freaky but our guide Emad was securing our tour with his good advices & his good experience directed our tour to become so enjoyable and we had really good time.
Emad was very knowledgeable, always very good in timing and enjoyed his guidance to us a lot.
We are recommending him to our friends and family members.
Best of luck EmadWritten August 29, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Professional advisor for Egypt Holiday arrangements recommend this guy for everybody who planning a new campaign in Egypt.Written October 24, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My experience booking my tours in Egypt with Ahmed Abo Hadida, the owner of Authentic Egypt Tours, was a disaster. I’m an experienced traveler and in all my trips I’ve never encountered such a disastrous and unprofessional travel agency.
Ahmed is a con man, a liar, a scammer and dealing with him was stressful, and in the end, very expensive.
During the booking process, Ahmed promised me the best price for my tours. But after the first payment was made, he came back asking for more money for permits (charging US$100 for a permit that actually costs US$20), a boat ride and tickets that weren’t included before, using every lie you can imagine to get an extra buck from us. The price I was initially promised, soon became much more expansive than other tour agencies in Cairo. When I tried to cancel my tours with him, he said he had no money to refund me.
Once we arrived in Cairo he sent a small beat up car to pick us up (see pictures), not the van l was promised. Then he started to try to sell dinner cruises, fake jewelry - always being pushy and inconvenient. He was on a mission to get every dollar possible from us so he kept tormenting us during our tours sending texts and voice messages and asking the guides to take us to tourist trap factories. When we didn’t fall for his sales pitches, he asked me to take care of him and his kids by giving him money. Yes, the owner of the “travel agency” was begging for money from his client.
When we decided to extend one of our tours, he asked for an extra payment of $120 for a half day tour to pay for the extra hours for the van and driver. The next day he sent his brother Ehab in the beat up car to take us on the tour and demanded the money anyway.
Scam after scam that made our holiday stressful and unpleasant and for that I cannot forgive Ahmed and Authentic Egypt Tours and his so called business.
If you value your peace of mind and a stress free vacation stay away from Ahmed and his tours.Written January 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cairo
- These places are best for shark diving in Cairo:See more shark diving in Cairo on Tripadvisor
See what travelers are asking
Forum posts were selected by looking for forum titles asking specific questions and taking the top showtopic page by total pageviews as the optimal topic.
We have time this afternoon for either of these museums but not both. With an 18 mo old we're traveling slowly so we need to pick just one. I've searched reviews and blogs but I haven't seen an article comparing the two. Any strong opinions here?
Answer: I'm afraid that your guide has told you a big fib Terri as the Egyptian Museum has plenty of things "of interest" to see including the Tutankhamun gold mask, a golden inner coffin, his throne, and many items of his royal jewellery. Because the museum is a listed building and will not be closing once the GEM opens there are also newly curated galleries of other royals and many of the most iconic pieces of Ancient Egyptian art remaining. Items such as the Meidum Geese painting, the statue of Khafre Enthroned, the statuette of Khufu, the triads of Menkhaure, the colossus of Amenhotep III and Queen Tiye, and literally thousands more. There is no official opening date for the GEM yet so if you want to see the key treasures of Ancient Egypt before then you really should include a visit to the Egyptian Museum as well as NMEC
Note that forum content are individual perspectives of forum posters and not the opinion of Tripadvisor