- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
110 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 110
What travelers are saying
- Old city with its own charm and character. The famous Tbilisi balconies add a lot to feeling in very special place. A lot of good restaurants and wine bars.Written August 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The church is beautiful, definitely a place to visit for me! There are many options to reach the place, we chose to go there by car.Written August 16, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was skeptical after reading the reviews regarding the cashier being rude - However I went for it at about 11AM in the morning and the price board clearly mentioned it was 10 lari one way and the card was 2 lari so I ended up paying 22 lari for a return trip along with the card.The cashier was polite and Overall it was a seamless trip.Written July 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I loved climbing on the rocks of the fortress. The more you climb, the more beautiful the view becomes. Especially sunset is great (but leave early enough, climbing down will be hard if too dark). It's free and easy to reach by foot (walking uphill through the old bath-area of the old town). Best place to visit in Tiflis in my opinion.Written August 16, 2022
- The walk across the bridge is so enjoyable. It is beautifully designed and constructed.
Well worth a few walks!Written June 14, 2022
- Between Old City and new modern Tbilisi you will cross this place several times almost every day . Nice buildings lighted at night give the town a capital look .Written June 3, 2022
- Its near tiflis lake, do you can combine both. This monument is really underrated and impressive. Give it try. You will have a good view over Tiflis as well.Written July 25, 2022
- We loved the architecture and the possibility to stroll on an alley without having to go up or down the hill. There are many interesting small shops and oriental restaurants on the way, so it would be a pleasant walk if it wasn´t so loud and crowded.
Still a beautiful place to stroll.Written September 28, 2021
- Metekhi, is a Georgian Orthodox Christian church located on the left bank of the river Kura. It sits on the Metekhi Cliff opposite the old town of Tbilisi. Much of the existing structure dates back to the Middle Ages and was built in the 13 century although oral tradition traces Metekhi's origins further to the 5th century.
The cathedral is worth a visit.Written April 20, 2022
- On our Old city tour you reach a point you can see in front of you the old Synagogue , a Mosque and this nice old Cathedral ChurchWritten June 3, 2022
- It is not the best place in the city, it is very noisy near the road, it is not convenient to take pictures. I recommend the place only to those who really appreciate these heroes, for the rest of the impressions there will be not muchWritten November 21, 2021
- we were very lucky to meet a very knowledgeable Russian lady who could tell us about most important Georgian people buried in this impressive place . To all this another casual meeting with a local priest who told us about the older history of the place and the 4 churches with their significance ...Written June 3, 2022
- Truthfully, you can’t see much when you get up there.
I took the cable car from rike park, and turned right, following the path along to the Kartlis deda. It is a pleasant and easy walk along, and on the way there are a number of small stands selling Georgian jewellery and artefacts and small memorabilia. There is also a man selling freshly made cakes
When you get to the statue, you can only see it from behind, meaning you don’t get any good photo opportunities or get to see it up close. You do however get some nice photos from the cable cars on the way up.
There is also some steps to take you around to the front, overlooking the town and bank below. There is a sign encouraging you to throw a coin over the scaffolding and make a wish, which I did and thought was super cute.
Other than that, there is nothing to do up there. It is worth a walk along to the botanical gardens or narikala fortress to make the trip more excitingWritten April 2, 2022
- Just beautiful horseman statue of the King that's overlooking the old town. Right next to the Cathedral on the hill, this was one of our favorite monuments in Tbilisi!Written July 26, 2021
- The Anchiskhati Basilica of St Mary is one of the oldest surviving churches in Tbilisi. It belongs to the Georgian Orthodox Church and dates from the sixth century.
Originally dedicated to the Virgin Mary, it was renamed Anchiskhati (i.e., icon of Ancha) in 1675 when the treasured icon of the Savior created by the twelfth-century goldsmith Beka Opizari at the Ancha monastery in Klarjeti was moved to Tbilisi so preserve it from an Ottoman invasion. The icon was preserved at the Basilica of St Mary for centuries (but now moved to national museum).Written April 20, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Tbilisi
- These experiences are best for sights & landmarks in Tbilisi:
- Walking Tour with Lunch at Cafe Gabriadze and Theater Visit
- Borjomi, Castle Rabati, Vardzia
- Skip the Line: Experimentorium Ticket
- Mtskheta and Uplistsikhe Tour
- Tbilisi Open Air Museum of Ethnography Admission Ticket