- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Fun & Games
Fun & Games
10 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- Cinema Paraíso is a lot more than an aesthetically pleasing movie theater with comfortable chairs. The movies shown here are not the ones you usually come across in Bogotá, a welcome change of pace among the usual array films one encounters more often. The menu on the café, which can be brought into the theater if desired, is varied and moderately priced. The films sometimes begin later than scheduled, but whenever that is the case the staff is apologetic and decent. This movie theater is aptly named: it is a film lover's paradise.Written July 6, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- As a fan of indie cinema, Cine Tonala might be my new favorite place. They show different movies everyday, with small projection rooms that fit their hipster vibe. The student discount helps a ton, and they also sell food and clothing. My only problem is that their prices for food is a bit high, however given the atmosphere and vibe, it wasn't too surprising. Overall a good experience.Written December 15, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Kids love the immersive experience that this kind of theater brings. It's too much for me and I prefer 2D but I wouldn't mind going once in a while.Written April 15, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A great independent cinema showing a variety of interesting and diverse films, including arthouse, foreign and film festivals. They will often have subtitles but check in what language beforehand.
Technical quality is quite good (obviously film festivals are sometimes a bit more hit or miss quality-wise because of the variety of formats).
Shame the place doesn't have a cafe or bar (it easily could if they rearranged the spaces and ticketing procedures) to sit and chat before/after the film - there are a few sofas but they often don't let you into the cinema much before the beginning of the movie start time.
Movie prices are very reasonable and well below what a multiplex changes in Bogota - with better selection of films in my opinion.
Would be great if they showed Spanish-language films with English subtitles more often.Written October 23, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This theater has the biggest IMAX screen in Latin America and one of the biggest in the world. Almost tied for third place with the one in Prasad IMAX, Hyperabad, India. Both are 22x29m.
Movies there are an amazing experience, you really feel immersed.
The location is a bit far away from all the other nice places in the city, and the neighborhood is a bit ugly, but there are many taxis just outside.Written November 28, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- If you are moving to Bogota or going to be here for a while, this is a great place to see some good movies. The four movie rooms are relatively small but comfortable. The movies they show are usually great - very international, from all over the world, often having received very good reviews. If you prefer not to go to the theaters in the malls, this is an excellent alternative.Written August 31, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- i went to movies yesterday and i chose the new VIPcinepolis at Claro plaza.
the place is brand new so its still under construction. in a couple of weeks we are going to see restaurants, banks and stores.
by now the most important thing to do is going to movies.
the price is expensive compared with the average of Bogota. but it worth it. The teather is for 40 people maximum in very confortable seats. you could even take a nap there.
the seat are set in couples. go with your girlfriend
the restaurant offers typical movies food like hot dogs and corn pop, but they also offer sushi, hamburgers and other kind, for different tastes.
the movie teather is confortable and the sound and the screen are awesome.
its a good plan to goWritten July 22, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.