Popular things to do
- Bus Tours
- Day Trips
- Specialty Museums
- Cultural Tours
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Full-day Tours
- Historical Tours
- Churches & Cathedrals
- Cooking Classes
- Culinary Tour
- Sacred & Religious Sites
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- 4WD Tours
- Winter Sports
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Ports of Call Tours
- Likely to Sell Out
- Water Sports
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
Top Attractions in Beirut
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- I didn't want to drain my phone battery to use the flashlight but when I went it was needed because the electricity was out. Otherwise it is a lovely small museum.Written September 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Worth checking out, even if the prices are higher than elsewhere in the town. Several well known restaurants with large outdoor seating areas.Written May 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you do nothing else in Beirut do this! It is spectacular. A great experience for adults and children. Beautifully exhibited and an added bonus of some fossils.Written September 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went a couple of times but it was closed inside and we couldn't figure out the right information to see the inside. Oh well. It is stunning on the outside.Written September 13, 2022
- Lovely to look at, but don't need much time. Can check it out during a drive by when one is in the area. Sadly, one sees plenty of trash in the sea around it.Written September 13, 2022
- I absolutely love the American University of Beirut! The students, staff and faculty are so welcoming and representative of the people of Lebanon—hard working, positive, and looking to make positive changes in the world. I’m so impressed at how many people passionately working on making a difference with digital accessibility and inclusion within AUB and the country as a whole! The AUB Accessibility for a Bolder Learning Experience (ABLE) Summit is an amazing celebration of knowledge and advocacy for people with disabilities. It’s refreshing to see the genuine care that AUB stakeholders possess for others, despite any crises going on the last three years.
On top of the amazing things that AUB is doing, the campus is amazing with hundreds of varieties of trees from all over the world adding to the character of this campus. If you’re in Beirut, you must pay a visit to the AUB campus.Written April 5, 2022
- Stayed in a hostel in this area, very chic neighborhood filled with many restaurants and bars. Walking distance from the new large mosque built in Lebanon. Highly recommend spending a night here with friendsWritten November 10, 2019
- It is a shopping mall but most of the shops are not open and there is much security there. nice to walk aroundWritten September 24, 2021
- Congested, careful walking as not pedestrian friendly when crossing the streets, but that is for all of Beirut. There were many great shops for buying tourist gifts and everything was reasonably priced. Also, places to snack are around.Written September 13, 2022
- The Beirut Corniche is probably one of most beautiful promenades if you want to make a long and relaxing walk. Starting at the Zaytunay Bay this promenade stretches out for several km's with some nice view points such as the pigeon rocks. Even during the cooler winter-month of december people love to stroll along this open area. We were lucky with the weather so for us it felt more or less like spring. Most enjoyable to watch the fishermen at the shore. Even when the evening falls there are still lots of people gathering together. There are a lot of new buildings but now and then you can find some older buildings in between which gives the environment a typical feeling.Written December 31, 2019
Such a beautiful building from the outside.. Inside very powerful art, pretty amazing, never experienced so much emotions in a museum. The entrence fee is not compulsory and you can take pictures insideWritten October 6, 2020
- The visit of the church is amazing, check about visiting the underneath church as well as the museum. Do not miss such rewarding experienceWritten September 19, 2022
- Solidere is the company behind the rebuilding of downtown Beirut. Look them or loathe them, Solidere is transforming Beirut. Sometimes the new core seems soulless and designed for wealthy gulf emirs. But the shops, restaurants, architecture, housing all make for a brilliant urban core where there was once desolation. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few decades.Written January 5, 2020
- As someone who is broke and has always pushed for more social equality, I have to say, I LOVE what BDL has done.
Young, old, married, single, muslim, christian... We’re all gonna be broke! We’ll all have the same income: 0. Isn’t that great?! There’s no wealth inequality if everyone’s poor, right? Ladies, there’s no wage gap if no one has any money either, am I right?
Finally, we can all be equal. Riad Salamé is a true social justice hero.Written December 5, 2019
- I reached there in the evening so that I could see the sunset as per the suggestion of tripadvisor. And it was absolutely an experience!!Written May 27, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Beirut
- The best day trips from Beirut according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Guided Small-Group Tour to Jeita Grotto, Harissa and Byblos with Lunch & Tickets
- Guided Small-Group Tour to Baalbek, Anjar and Ksara with Lunch and Tickets
- Jeita Grotto,Harissa&Byblos Full-Day PRIVATE-CAR Trip from Beirut
- Jeita Grotto - Harissa - Byblos Trip
- Bcharre - Qadisha Valley & Cedars Forest Tour
Beirut Attractions Information
|Number of Reviews||20,168|
|Number of Photos||13,512|
|Local Time||Sunday 12:26 AM|