Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Riyadh
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Nice experience to see Riyadh from top. I think it is better to see it at night too although in the day it is leas crowded . A must see when in RiyadhWritten January 18, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Grand Canyon of Saudi Arabia. Well, not necessarily, but it is magnificent. A crazy 2 hour drive from the city but definitely well worth the trip.
Tip: only go with experienced drivers are there are no roads going there. And the roads are as raw as you can get.
Sunset view is best and if you are a group (with a very experience driver or guide) stay behind for some barbeque.
Very raw, natural experience and definitely a place to see. You really feel you are at the edge of the world.Written January 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I visited this the last time I was in Riyadh. It is a brilliant museum charting the history of the country and also how it developed its oil production. The museum is large and spacious with lots of attractions and things to see. Its very clean and elegant. You can definitely spend 2-3 hours there.Written October 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The original fortress, in the center of town, which was attacked and captured to start the current state of the country of Saudi Arabia. It has been well restored, maintained and presented throughout, telling the history of the Fortress and Saudi Arabia. An exceptionally presented timeline of the leadership and evets (displayed in both Arabic and English). Beautifully illuminated in the evening. A starting point for your visit in Riyadh and exploration of the many souks.Written January 30, 2023
- Riyadh has some truly beautiful Mosques, and the Al-Rajhi Grand Mosque must rank amongst the best.
The amazing scale and beautiful and intricate design is not overwhelming, but elegant and calming. The centerpiece chandelier is the highlight, but it is complemented by the carpets, colors and paneling which enhance the design and patterns throughout.
Our host spoke excellent English and answered any and all of our questions regarding the nature and structure of the mosque, a prayer session and the religion of Islam. We were allowed to admire the architecture, and sit in the visitor gallery to watch one of the prayer sessions. The mosque contains prayer areas for males and females (the combined areas can accommodate over 20,000 worshipers) and houses a library, research area, lecture rooms, and conference rooms.
This was an exceptional and rewarding educational and hospitable experience.
A must-see and must-do when visiting RiyadhWritten January 30, 2023
- you can see the fountain in the evening. worth a visit . the best views are from ritz carlton hotel. it is near bard the old city.Written December 18, 2022
- Actually the restaurant was very elegant, delicious and welcoming. The staff were very professional and friendly. Moreover, the manager Mr. Mohammed Tharoat was very helpful and professional. We met the chef Mr. Paskal and we were delighted honored to met both of them.
Thanks for everything, the experience should be repeated and recommended for couples, business and family. The atmosphere was amazing.
Ghaith Al-AtawiWritten December 2, 2022
- Unfortunately when we reached the mall it was under renovation and many shops are still closed. We only found two shops open.Written December 29, 2019
- There is much to see at this well done museum. Plan to brose for 2 hours. I hove been several times as I take my visiting colleagues and friends there to help them get a picture of Saudi Arabia.Written September 24, 2022
- Palm Jumeirah mall, closed to Dukes the Palm hotel and Marina Residence, full furnished mall, you will find everything you need!Written November 25, 2021
- The mall having good varity from most of international brands especially the food court having choices ..we enjoyed I HOPE restaurant @ 1st floor ( decoration & service team very good).Written March 18, 2020
- It’s one of the Best zoo in Saudi Arabia. Lot of Animals & Birds we saw there. We use train service inside & walk also. Better walk and see all. Snacks, juice & water we can shop inside. We enjoy it.Written May 5, 2022
- Wherever you go in Riyadh, Tahlia will always be a place to visit when you decide to go out for lunch/dinner/coffee or anythiing; it is in the heart of Riyadh (if not the heart)Written January 16, 2020
- Nice and loved the entire place. Initially it will be slightly difficult to adjust the vehicle but once done, it is a wonderful experience. Be careful though with the highs and lows of dunes.Written January 30, 2023
- Be aware you can't try your purchased items in the store you have to buy the item and then try it in the washrooms. Which is awkward, to be honest. There are a lot of brands to choose from.Written December 15, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Riyadh
- The best day trips from Riyadh according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Edge Of the World off road trip
- Full-Day Guided Riyadh City Tour with lunch and Pick up
- Edge Of The World Tour (Private Tour)
- Riyadh City Tour
- Full-Day Ushayger Tour with Lunch from Riyadh
Riyadh Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 3:00 PM|