- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
What travelers are saying
- We saw this bridge from afar while on the cruise and also from close quarters as we passed by it. Impressive and beautiful from all view points.Written October 31, 2022
- I found the walk and views from Galata Bridge to be better than from the Tower. You can see the cruise ships pass underneath. It honestly doesn't take too long to cross and there are a few lower level observation decks and restaurants you can try. Definitely a fun way to get to either side of Istanbul with some amazing views.Written October 3, 2022
- Visible from a distance, the bridge which connects 2 continents, is mesmerizing. Beautiful, impressive, huge.Written October 31, 2022
- One of the 3 bridges connecting the European and Asian parts of Istanbul, the bridge is an architectural marvel.Written October 31, 2022
- There are two Golden Horn Bridges in Istanbul. This entry seems to be describing the Golden Horn Metro Bridge, connecting the Beyoğlu and Fatih districts on the European side of Istanbul, located between the Galata Bridge and Atatürk Bridge. This is a cable-stayed bridge, strung from two 65 m towers in a harp design. The Haliç station of the M2 metro line is in the middle of the bridge (!), sheltering passengers with a canopy. The station and the pedestrian walkways offer superb views over the Golden Horn, ship docks, Suleymaniye mosque and other sights of Eminonu and Karakoy. I walked the bridge, about 1 km from shore to shore, watching the changing views, harbor traffic, sea birds, people and bicyclists. The second Golden Horn Bridge (also called Halic Koprusu) is about 3km to the north, connecting the neighborhoods of Ayvansaray in the southwest and Halıcıoğlu in the northwest. This bridge carries the O-1 motorway, also known as the Istanbul Inner Beltway. It is a flat bridge, generally with large numbers of cars and no pedestrian walkways. Both bridges are open 24/7 with no entry fee.Written August 20, 2019
- 5 km long tunnel is providing a safe, comfortable and fast journey between Asian and European parts of Istanbul. It takes only 5 minutes to change continents.
It is the best alternative if you want to avoid the traffic jam in Istanbul.Written November 9, 2019
- I find Atatürk Bridge very useful because both people and cars can use it and it has contributed to reducing traffic problems to a certain extent. Besides the middle elements can be removed if bigger ships must pass by. I do not say that the bridge is attractive or whatever.Written February 18, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Istanbul
- These are the best places for budget-friendly bridges in Istanbul:See more budget-friendly bridges in Istanbul on Tripadvisor