Showing results 1-30 of 95
What travelers are saying
- We were here on an early Saturday morning. It was quite busy but in a good way. People were walking, exercising and sunbathing as well. Our hotel, Berjaya was right beside the beach and we had an over-bridge to reach the beach from our hotel (there was a train track under the bridge). There were a few restaurants that were literally on the beach itself.
It's a fairly long beach. There were some watersports activities happening. I remember jet skiing. Although, we didn't do any.Written January 31, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our trip began and ended in Colombo. On Return leg stayed one night at Renuka City Hotel. Had only about 8 hours to see the City, not enough. Need at least 2 days.Written October 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing to think that this modern repurposing of an historic facility can bring so much pleasure to the many visitors frequenting the place. Loads of eateries bars and gift shops now abound in what was once a place where one probaly went to die before modern medicines against basic illnesses existed. Supect that there has been a considerable amount of refurbishment but the place looks unique and offers an amazing haven from the sun and the hussle of the city. Certainly worth checking out if in the neighbourhood.Written November 21, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Built to commemorate the independence of Sri Lanka in 1948, the classic Sri Lankan style architecture is beautiful and has withstood the test of time.
The independence hall is also used by Buddhists for holding Sunday moral classes.
Except for a few tourists, the independence square was deserted.
The square is well maintained, clean and quiet.
The architecture of the independence hall can be appreciated when you take a photo with the rof structure as the background.
A must visit for every patriotic Sri Lankan and also by the tourists to appreciate the beauty of the country and the symbols of its present history.
Recommended.Written November 5, 2022
- The temple is within walking distance inside the city. The temple is made up of different deities and gods of Hindu religion placed on top that makes up the roof. Colourful and vibrant, I must say.Written September 8, 2023
- Make sure you have flexibility around cleaning and prayer times, we missed going inside, but it looked fabulous from the outsideWritten March 26, 2023
- This park is a public park in the Cinnamon Gardens in Horton Place Colombo. It is in front of the Town Hall. It was built in the British time and is the oldest and largest park in ColomboWritten August 23, 2023
- My one of favorite place to visit if you're coming to srilanka..Most historical iconic temple located to kelaniya ,near peliyagoda highway exit.Written August 3, 2022
- One of the most holiest shrines in Sri Lanka. A part of St Anthony's tounge is on display and the shrine is considered a miraculous place. The church is not limited to roman Catholics alone but is visited by all faiths.Written October 8, 2023
- I came with friends just to check the largest casino in Sri Lanka, we thought it was two storey building casino but it was only first floor casino , a bit disappointed how large it is, we expected like large the way how they advertised it. However the ambiance was nice, casino looks clean and tidy, we enjoyed the live music while playing, food was great as well, so far we had great Ballys Colombo night, thank you.Written May 30, 2023
- It is busy market place. Wear comfortable shoes, sun screen, hat or umbrella. Many shops reasonable price. Don't forget to bargain.Written November 27, 2023
- Beautiful architecture. Historic place..a must visit by everyone in any faith or religion. The poojas or rituals are.carried our everyday at specific times.Written October 7, 2023
- An older bit of the developing city. I believe this was the centre of the city. Was close to the harbour and the newly developing city off shore.Written November 29, 2022
- This is the place where the president of Sri Lanka address on the Independence day. It is open on all days. The is also a museum which is currently closed due to covid. The entrance fee is free for all but I think there is a fee to enter the museum.Written December 27, 2021
- A very beautiful building with a number of statues showing the history of local politics as we walked past and admired it.Written October 16, 2019