Sports Camps & Clinics • Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
61 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 61
What travelers are saying
- We are talking about 10 days honeymoon vacation which is an experience that wouldn't have been forgotten.
We have planned for this experience from last February and our decision to go with vio holidays company was the most important point to make it unforgettable one .
Srilanka is a great choice to be your next destination because of many reasons; first of all , it gives you a relaxing moments when your eyes were filling with the colorful environment . Secondly , Srilankan people are very nice , helpful and smile every time so they give you a comfortable feelings when you are dealing with them . Lastly, Srilankan food is very delicious so when you come to Srilanka, you should eat it and drink thier original juice.
The most important thing that happened to us is that we had anew Special friend "Madu" which was our leader from the first day when we arrived to the airport to the last moments when he has returned us to the departure passengers point .
He is a very very good person and have a lot of positive points like an excellent time management so he is on time every time and everywhere . Has a very good memory so when you ask him anything he will do it to you . Has an experience with everything and advice with the best for you . Has an alternative plan technique, so when something didn't work with us , he directly found another choice that working it us .
Finally , we want to thank vio holidays company for that arrangements and to choose "madu" as a guide tour for us .Written September 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Colombo has the best diving in Sri Lanka, hands down. Many people don't realise, but the coast is full of amazing shipwrecks. I have dove 10-15 different wrecks, and there are still many more to see. It is much better than any of the diving down south, what is a suprise to many (myself included).
Island Scuba and the team are the best dive centre for showing you around. Highly professional and great knowledge of the sites. Keep in mind Colombo can be best for advanced divers, since some of the wrecks are 25-30m. But Sierra is a fantastic wreck suitable for OW.
Dive season for Colombo is Oct - April, and now the guys are setup in Trincomalle which also offers great dive sites and much better suited for beginners.
Highly recommend, and thanks Jez and the team for more than 30 great dives to dateWritten June 20, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We loved our amazing 17 day tour with Columbus. Our guide, Ananda, was knowledgeable, interesting, courteous and best of all fun to spend time with. The itinerary was varied but also flexible enough to respond to our energy level and interests. Would not hesitate to use again or recommend; Ananda turned a good trip into a great one.Written May 16, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- had an amazing time, Zakib from ZRI helped us pick the best package and made the whole experience hassle free! the perfect little adventure in the heart of the city!Written September 5, 2022
- Ushan just made our holiday. Nothing was too much trouble. He showed us many sights and shared his knowledge and insights freely. We would definitely ask for Ushan on our next visit without a doubt. Thank you Ushan for making our holiday a fabulous experience. Paul and Cheryl xxWritten May 23, 2022
- I loved all of it. We did a 10 day round trip in Sri Lanka and Dush was our driver guide and kind and patient helper. He kept us safe and showed us a lot of very interesting things in his country. His love for the place, his patience for my photography and his knowledge of the history and about his people gave us the extra spice what made Sri Lanka one of the must go destination. I highly recommend his services and his expertise.Written February 20, 2022
- I’ll tell the truth, booking with the Vacation Lanka Tours only happened because we met Thari. The most genuine, kindhearted and nicest person I’ve ever known. We actually booked in advance another tour and canceled because of Thari.
Reasons for it: 1. Thari and his company was way much cheaper and had affordable price compared to other companies in Colombo (We have been checking those for weeks before traveling there)
2. Safety was his priority, and he runs a good hybrid car (great environmental priority for us). Very safe driving in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle.
3. He had done those track ahead, so he knew what was all about touring and assured us that can adapt with our last moment changes if the case.
4. He accepted all our request on the below itinerary even though were too many things to be done in our 2-day tour (pick up and drop off from Colombo).
As per suggestion what we requested to this company looks like this:
Day 1: Pineapple garden • Rubber plantation • Pinnawala Elephant orphanage or Elephant ride • Spice and Herbal garden • Tea plantation and factory • Peradeniya Botanical Garden • Kandy Tooth Relic temple • Sightseeing Kandy city and lake
Day 2: Sigiriya Lions Rock, Dambulla Cave Temple, Polonnaruwa ancient city (if time promised also a Safari Tour).
We did most of the above steps. Entrances in most of the temples were not covered and obviously that required us to select and prioritize our day. After seeing so many sanctuaries around, also in Colombo city, we skipped Dumbulla from the list and spent more time going up to the Pinduragala Rock, the rock in front of Sigiriya so we could have a better view and shot some nice pictures. After being told that climbing Sigiryja was around up to 1.5 hrs, we choose to do another climbing instead and saved some time ahead. Pinduragala track is not super easy but is ok for time-saving. The spectacular view was what we received.
Last but not the least, Thari was very flexible on stopping on our ways in different places, was that for food on only refreshing. Felt like we drove with our friend around and that made us keeping that connection alive. He really looked after us. We were unsure about being safe in Sri Lanka so visiting with him was an excellent choice and our conviction that nothing is unsafe is now real.
Personally, I think a better value of the culture in Sri Lanka you can get when you talk to Thari. He is open to talking about people living in the country, culture, and religion in Sri Lanka, his family background and his challenges on living in that beautiful but less developed country.
Just not to forgot, Thari also made possible for us booking our one-night stay in Sigiryja in a nice eco house with an amazing space and great amenities. Breakfast included for only 15 USD per person. And also arranged our last night dinner in Colombo at the Ministry of Crab. Reservations on Friday day night are always tough there.
As a summary, it exceeds our expectations and had a great holiday. Thanks to the driver we could visit local places and explore much better the culture. I totally recommend this option. And if you need more tips and tricks, on the itinerary above or Vacation Lanka Tours, let me know!Written December 11, 2019
- Extremely happy with the way the seven days trip was organised The owner Malin and the guide Sajith was extremely courteous well behaved and their company gave us lot of comfort. The trip was well planned. The hotel Cinnamon bey at Bentota was very good .Had enjoyed the new year bash in the said hote.Started with Galadari at Colombo ,which was a wonderful hotel.The home stay at Newera Eliya ,Hamlin gave privacy and we had the previlage of dancing,drinking for two days. The stay in Ella edge resort was a experience with panaromic view of the entire valley.One can confidently engage the service of this tour operator for Srilanka tour. The guide Sajith was one of the best tour guide I came accross.Going back to India with sweet memories.Written January 1, 2022
- amazing company and organization
i.e: Dilan our trip guide was the most helpful , respectful and professional guide ever
thanks alot ace travel for making this trip one of a kind.Written April 7, 2022
- We had a fantastic time with Ceylon Awaits Tours!
If you are thinking about travelling around Sri Lanka you should plan your trip with Ceylon awaits. Gihan the owner of the tour company planned every minute for us and did not dissapoint, he paid attention to the smallest details that you wouldnt think of yourself to make our trip even more special. Our tour guide Nihal was such a gentlemen, who made sure we were looked after at all times and made sure our trip ran as smoothly as possible. Our driver Janitha who was also a gentlmen got us to and from our destenations safely and timely. Could not reccomend this tour operator more.Written August 12, 2022
- Our trip across Sri Lanka was wonderful. Anu made sure everything went smoothly, prioritized safety, taught us about culture and history of places we went, made sure we tried the local dishes and all around great guy. We hope to visit again and will definitely go with Anu.Written July 26, 2019
A big thank you for this wonderful trip in your incredible country.
We will never forget all mains steps of this tour : Tea factory, Udawalawe safari, all temples and the final : Sigiriya Rocks. 💪
Thank you to our guide Manjula for his good mood, his smile and his tips. Thanks to him, we lived a total immersion that we will never forget. 😁
We recommend this wonderful trip.
Hoping to see you again. We wish you a good continuation.
J-B & VictoriaWritten September 12, 2022
- Great tour with Eranga, he is eager to show some secret places which are not crowded and exposed in public tourist guidance. It was awesome experience of visiting wild parts of Sri LankaWritten June 17, 2022
- Searching for a right person in Sri Lanka? This guy is your answer!
Incredible guide, translator and driver, always willing to help out.
We already had an idea what we want to see on this lovely island through our 2 weeks journey and Harsha made it TRUELY possible (and we wanted to see a lot).
+ He also have some tour programs of his own for people who just can't decide where to go and what to see.
+ Huge plus for extra water bottles for us always ready to drink in his car trunk, especially after long walks and mountain trips.
+ We were always on time and felt very safe with Harsha as a driver. Keep in mind that rest of people in Sri Lanka are driving like crazy, comparing to European standards we used to.
+ He had some recommendations of his own like hotels, restaurants and other not so obvious things to see.
I highly recommend this machan!Written March 31, 2022
- It was our 1 st holiday for 2 years and Vikcum our guide and driver made the whole trip amazing.
Vikcum was waiting for us when we landed in Colombo airport at 2am . He greeted us with a welcoming smile and drove for 3 hours to our 1st stop Habarana . We then spent 6 days travelling around Sri Lanka with Vikcum. He was very knowledgable and his English is very good. He kept his car very clean and always provided cold bottled water.Written June 13, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Colombo
- These experiences are best for scuba & snorkeling in Colombo:
- Weligama, Jungle Beach, Galle, and Turtle Project Private Tour from Colombo
- Giant Loop Cruise Mirissa
- Surfing Lesson Day Tour