- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- The open spacious environment and the sea breeze coming from the Indian Ocean are awesome for a relaxing evening. The closed areas are also good for a family to enjoy an evening without much noise or disturbance. The food selection is good and the preparation also meets good food standards, seafood preparations were tasty. The swimming pool is a good feature and if you like an evening exercise this is also available.Written January 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A place where karate, decipline and passion meets.... It's not just a class, it's more of a family..
The most friendliest atmosphere and locationWritten March 5, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We are talking about 10 days honeymoon vacation which is an experience that wouldn't have been forgotten.
We have planned for this experience from last February and our decision to go with vio holidays company was the most important point to make it unforgettable one .
Srilanka is a great choice to be your next destination because of many reasons; first of all , it gives you a relaxing moments when your eyes were filling with the colorful environment . Secondly , Srilankan people are very nice , helpful and smile every time so they give you a comfortable feelings when you are dealing with them . Lastly, Srilankan food is very delicious so when you come to Srilanka, you should eat it and drink thier original juice.
The most important thing that happened to us is that we had anew Special friend "Madu" which was our leader from the first day when we arrived to the airport to the last moments when he has returned us to the departure passengers point .
He is a very very good person and have a lot of positive points like an excellent time management so he is on time every time and everywhere . Has a very good memory so when you ask him anything he will do it to you . Has an experience with everything and advice with the best for you . Has an alternative plan technique, so when something didn't work with us , he directly found another choice that working it us .
Finally , we want to thank vio holidays company for that arrangements and to choose "madu" as a guide tour for us .Written September 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had the most fantastic trip to Sri Lanka with Anton Travel. We started in Colombo and went to Nilaveli, Sigiriya, Dambulla, Kandy, Nuwara Eliya and Ella.
Anton was a great help planning the entire trip with a lot of recommendations. Liberty was the perfect driver (and a very safe driver) and guide on our entire trip. Both Anton and Liberty speak perfect english and are happy to share their extensive knowledge of Sri Lanka and the country's culture.
We will definitely come to Sri Lanka again and we will definitely travel with Anton Travel again. We have nothing but praise for Anton Travel and would recommend them at any time.Written November 15, 2022
- My brother talked to me about Aruna when me and my girlfriend were planning our trip to Sri Lanka. We were spending 10 days there in one of the hardest situations for Sri Lanka since independence in 1948 and so we were worried. Having a driver might seam like a luxury but in fact is something we understand as necessary in this case. Specially when we were there (august 2022) with the economic, fuel and political crisis going on by then. Having Aruna as a driver was a huge help. He is kind, great driver and adapts to your needs and demands. We went all through Sri Lanka (except the north region of Jaffna) with a hybrid car. Price was good, no extra costs expected. We are happy and we recommend Aruna as your driver when you travel to Sri Lanka.Written August 23, 2022
- Uvindu served as my driver and guide for three days as I explored Siguriya, Anuradhapura, and Trincomalee. He consistently listened to my needs and accommodated, while at the same time offering skilled guidance as needed. He was personable and respectful. The vehicle was very comfortable and clean. I wouldn’t hesitate to use his services again - highly recommended.Written November 26, 2022
- We had a fantastic time with Ceylon Awaits Tours!
If you are thinking about travelling around Sri Lanka you should plan your trip with Ceylon awaits. Gihan the owner of the tour company planned every minute for us and did not dissapoint, he paid attention to the smallest details that you wouldnt think of yourself to make our trip even more special. Our tour guide Nihal was such a gentlemen, who made sure we were looked after at all times and made sure our trip ran as smoothly as possible. Our driver Janitha who was also a gentlmen got us to and from our destenations safely and timely. Could not reccomend this tour operator more.Written August 12, 2022
- Want to get to know Sri Lanka? Then you have to go with Janaka! Janaka knows everything about his country, he gave us the best spots, the best restaurants and the best food, arranged the best guides(his friends!) when we visited temples, old architecture and even with the jeepsafari's. He even arranged the best and most beautiful elephant safari we could wish for! He was not only our guide but also our teacher, safedriver, mentor and friend! 5 dots (excellent) is just not enough, he deserves more! Say Sri Lanka, say Janaka!Written February 17, 2020
- We stayed in Sri Lanka Colombo area due to german governmnet funded academic student cooperation project and booked Winstartours with Wickrama for a package of 12 tours to southern, eastern, and southern provinces. Trips were done with very comfortable Toyota Hybrid car as well as vans of several sizes . Wickrama was always reliablle on the spot, cars were clean and without any failure. All his trip bookings worked out nicely, he saved our money with comparably better prizes due to personal contacts to local hotels and guides. He cared for fresh food on the road, as King coconuts, Papaya and buffalo curds with triacle. Great assistance with everything unforeseen, too.
In summary Wickrama now is our "mully" friend, We definitely will ask for his services whenever we are in Sri Lanka again.Written January 28, 2020
- Excellent experience with Hivin. He drove us througout the country and gave us the best advices to really enjoy our trip. It has not been only a "trip" but a full "experience" in this amazing land of respectful and welcoming people!Written September 15, 2022
- We booked our Srilankan tour with DG Travels spent 12 days around the country. Hotels are nice clean & service are great. Specially our guide/driver very friendly & knowledgeable. We like to come back to Sri Lanka with our friends tooWritten July 8, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Colombo