Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- The Colombo Fort area has lots of historical buildings and museums. One that seems not often mentioned is the Colombo Port Maritime Museum. It is located on 19 Chaithya Road, Colombo and shares the same grounds as Sambodhi Chaithya monument and is also just down the road from Colombo lighthouse.
The museum is housed in an old dutch building and has a range of model ships and paintings of important people who have visited the country over the years. There was also a good discussion of the trade links from the early days and fits well with the story told by the Museum of Economic History.
There is a steam engine and crain on display outfront together with some cannon.
There was no admission charge when we visited
Please note that this has nothing to do with the museum in Galle.Written February 11, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The Centre is across the road from the Dutch Hospital Shopping precinct. Twin towers soars 39 storeys skyward above a 4 storey retail area. Its located in a prime area in the City, an ultra modern building of glass, steel and concrete that opened in 1997.Written November 24, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall, is a convention center located in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Built between 1970 and 1973, the convention centre was a gift from the People's Republic of China in memory of Solomon Ridgeway Dias Bandaranaike, Prime Minister.
A nice place to visit to get a feel of the same. Lot of fairs and programs are organised in the premises. There are food options here. Tourists could have the same in itinerary for a drive by as well just to look at the modern architecture.Written October 19, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This building is opposite the famous Viharamahadevi Park.
The building is definitely a landmark especially with the Buddha in the park facing it.Written January 20, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Colombo
- These places are best for architectural buildings in Colombo:
- Colombo Fort
- World Trade Center
- Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall
- Colombo Municipal Council
- Christ Church Galle Face