Speciality & Gift Shops
Showing results 1-30 of 104
What travelers are saying
- We recently went to Vogue Jewellers in Colombo to select my bridal necklace and wedding rings. We were extremely satisfied with the excellent customer service we received from the staff, who expertly guided us through their unique collection of jewellery. 😊
Additionally, we were pleased to receive a significant discount that we couldn't find elsewhere. 💰 We would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to Mr. Rathnayake and Ms. Minali for their invaluable assistance in helping us select our wedding necklaces and rings. 💍 We would also like to extend special thanks to Mr. Nizam Muhuseen, who gave us the best offer. 🙏 We are looking forward to returning to Vogue for our future jewellery purchases. 💎Written November 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I absolutely could not recommend Salie’s shop more to buy your gemstones and/or jewellery in Sri Lanka. 11/10 service from start to finish. Me and my boyfriend visited a few shops in Sri Lanka looking to buy pink sapphires and the owners were very pushy and demanding. Not here, from the moment we entered the shop Shazi & Isam were so kind, helpful and patient. They took the time to show us many gems, explain all about them and it is clear to see how passionate they are as well as knowledgeable, true experts in this world. I intended to buy gem stones alone however due to their beautiful nature and the fantastic workmanship shown in their shop I decided to have two custom rings made, one for me and one for my Mother. We had three weeks in Sri Lanka and this was more than enough time for them to make the rings. I was kept updated and sent photos and made feel at ease the whole time. We did not have to make payment until collection either, Islam said “the time you’ve spent here and interest you have shown is your deposit”. How lovely is that? When I returned to collect the rings after our holiday was over in other parts of Sri Lanka I was so pleased to see how beautiful they were. I ended up purchasing another pink sapphire stone alone for a friend. After we’d made payment etc Islam even gave us a free lift home to ensure our purchases were safe. I honestly could not recommend this shop more, thank you so much Islam & Shazi for such beautiful jewellery and wonderful service. We will be back! XWritten July 28, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An excellent shop that allows you to browse all corners and also enjoy a drink at the cafe. This shop is an excellent respite from the normal tourist traps in Columbo. This shop knows how to present their products, and staff are extremely helpful. enjoy!Written June 24, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a Govt owned outlet and the stuff here is authentic and fair trade. We purchased wooden masks, spices and other crafts.Written January 2, 2020
- Excellent gemstone business with broad selection of sapphires, tourmalines and other stones. We did our due diligence at other stores but returned to Qudsi as the range of stones met our criteria in quality and price. We ended up buying five stones, two sapphires, two tourmalines and one aquamarine. The quality of the stones we looked at was excellent. Staff were very patient (we were in there for at least two hours), knowledgeable and professional. We used their loupe to examine the stones closely and found the cut, clarity and colour to be of a high standard.
This business had been recommended by a friend and I’m so glad I paid two visits, but after visiting others it was clear why they have such consistently high reviews. Definitely worth a visit, you’ll end up returning! Also, good to know they do online shopping too.Written November 12, 2023
- Visited Lakarcade showroom this evening. Experienced excellent customer service enabling me to find all items I needed within few minutes.well done! I highly recommended this place for locally made handicrafts 👍Written July 17, 2023
- I always like there design and quality of Stone N string..
Since long time my friend from Sri Lanka used to get me a beautiful set of necklaces... I have alot of collection.. Alot of Thanks to my Dear PriyaWritten February 27, 2020
- My mother use arithritis rheumatism oil now my mother haven't this problem any more my and mother very happy . I like to tell everybody .thanksWritten June 10, 2023
- This is a very good clothes store here.A very good selection of clothes.The price similar to other ones around here.Written June 10, 2018
- Odel is a very good place but very expensive.. Odel sells clothes,makeup,etc. But WHAT THEY NEED is a LESS EXPENSIVE COST.
Good but needs a les price!Written February 24, 2023
- Gem Museum is not a typical museum but a shop displaying highly expensive Gems. Most of the taxi drivers were proposed to take to this places for shopping. All the salespersons are always pushy in these type of shops and try to sell their products but you have to do bargain if you like to buy as they have always asked very high price. It was a good experience to visit the shop in Colombo.Written November 18, 2017
- Urban island is a special shop. The moment you step foot in the place you can feel a sense of deep culture and knowledge of the island craft and at the same time of forward thinking and research of a new taste and ways of communication. It is fresh and at the same time timeless. My favourite items are the throws and and table mats. In my personal view I feel like through the hand-loomed products the company really expresses its potential and skills. Really really recommend it for gifts that are are truly embracing the island’s soul and history with a twist of contemporary design.Written December 20, 2022
- Paradise Road is a lovely little boutique that deals in quality contemporary clothing, most of which are locally producedWritten October 14, 2019
- I came to Rahman with an old family ring that is very dear to me. My ring had lost a sapphire and was badly in need of repair.
Rahman replaced the sapphire, perfectly matching the new stone to the existing sapphires, rebuilt the ring in the same design - just with a beautiful modern band, and cleaned it so that it sparkles. Rahman is an incredibly skilled craftsman who met my very short deadline (before my flight left Colombo) and restored my ring to its former glory! It is so stunning & I can’t stop looking at it! Thank you again Rahman. I am delighted with your work and so grateful to have found you.Written October 6, 2023
- This is an absolute must. The quality is excellent. The colours bright and vibrate. The kids toys are original. The table wear is practical and unique. I so love this shop and their principles of fair trade. Loved it so much i visited their store in Columbo and Kurunegala.Written May 20, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Colombo
- These are the most romantic places for gift & specialty shops in Colombo:See more romantic gift & specialty shops in Colombo on Tripadvisor