Top Attractions in Maldives
What travelers are saying
- We booked this island before Covid hit so we were shocked 2 days before our departure that we could only keep our booked water villas for 5 nights and either move to another island or move to a garden villa. The 4 of us decided to move to - Dhiggiri island and facilities totally out weigh Alimatha - if you get chance do it
The island of Alimatha is beautiful with amazing beaches, great food and drink with brilliant staff.
The entertainment is all in Italian and as only 8 English in the resort we were never aware of what was happening ( would have been nice to have been informed of white party bbq and local show night) this didn’t effect our stay but maybe a card explaining in English activities
My partner went diving which was professional and saw sharks rays conger eels etc
The infinity pool was great however the majority of sun beds are in the sun and when we moved 2 to under the tree next to the pool we were told by staff to put them back - we refused and advised if he could get us a sun brolly we would move the beds back - he was very unhappy
I’m the room there is no kettle or coffee tea facilities- we brought our own
The beach bars don’t sell beer/lager which is a shame
Diet Coke, tonic is all chargeable be aware - if you get chance buy in Mali on arrival
Bring beach shoes and snorkel gear worth it
Overall we loved our break, highly recommend the beach meal worth every pennyWritten June 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Superb resort location villa view spectacular
What is most magical at this place is staff around you super friendly and helpful
Special thank you and massive regards to our personal REP AZCO genuine and professional hope all the best for you
Thank you for amazing holidaysWritten September 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Decided to visit this place, hoping to see the huge tuna. It's not a big market and easy for tourist to walk about. Was fortunate enough to see one of the fishing boat unloading their cstch. The fish there were the freshest I have ever seen. Sadly there are no sashimi shop to enjoy these fresh fish.Written May 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great place of local culture.lots of fruits and local vegetable.
We really loved the local food in the market.if you want to buy some spices you should come here.Written September 27, 2022
- Beautiful beach with with white sand and clear water. Water has the many shades of blue. Sea near beach not very deep.
You could see fish, crabs and at night a baby shark here.Written August 20, 2022
- Good service & support, recommended, I got my RT-PCR test done with using atoll service, they supports 24/7 for any queries.Written October 1, 2021
- The mosque is worthy of your visit. It's a very small mosque with lots of history. It is still being used as of today.Written March 12, 2020
- The beach is beautiful, the color of the water is very nice. But if you want to see the Maldivian colors, you need to go to a nearby Island.
The beach is not good for swimming, because it's too shallow, and the water is not deep enough. The see is very rocky, too.Written December 29, 2019
- Lovely shallow beach with all possible shades of blue. At the time of our visit, the beach was generally quiet and there were only a few other people besides us. There is no public toilet in the area, it can be found at the beachfront restaurant and costs $ 1. The beach was tidy in the mornings, but we still found some shards of glass. There are numerous sweet little crabs on the beach that were great to follow.Written March 28, 2022
- The mosque is situated in the heart of the Male city next to the Sultan park. It's worthy of 30 minutes of your time to visit this grand mosque..Written March 12, 2020
- After a horrendous journey of just over 24 hour's dew to delays we finally arrived to a very friendly welcome. Room was ok but does need updating. Lovely restaurant serving great food and the separate bar was a great place to meet friends. All the staff were friendly.Written December 11, 2019
- There is a national museum, - and as a bonus one also gets the opportunity to see the Police museum and the museum of stamps which are in the same location. There is a big collection of old china from China there.Written March 1, 2020
- Generally, the white sand is only where you are on the beach, once in the water, there are rocks dead and live corals all over the whole stretch of the lagoon. If you are bare footed, you will likely to be injured.Written September 12, 2022
- A better option than Male city. Hotels are also much cheaper than Mlae city. Limited good restaurants.Their quality restaurants look the same. But food is better in almost all the restaurants as we had meals from several restaurants. The beach is nice and crowded in the evenings mostly with locals. You have a swimming pool bit far away from the beach in the sea. Seas are shallow to a certain extent.Written November 25, 2019
- One of the best reefs in north male atoll. Known for the variety of sea life and fishes. The water is very clean and visibility is good too. Beware sometimes the waves go hard. Good place to watch beautiful fish live and under water plants.Written May 19, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Maldives
- The best day trips from Maldives according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Sandbank, Snorkeling, Dolphin Cruise, Picnic, Beach Photography
- Maldives Adventure Trip
- Whale Shark Snorkeling in Maldives
Maldives Attractions Information
|Local Time||Thursday 4:53 AM|