- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
4 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- Spent a great morning here. Unsurprisingly much of the focus is upon the French and American conflicts. I can't imagine that there's collection anywhere else in the world of US helicopters, planes, and other military vehicles to rival the one that the museum hasWritten August 25, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Interesting museum and second floor emphasizes Viet Nam's air force efforts in space, etc. I was one of two people visiting, and it's a bit far from the old quarter - unless you're really interested in history, it might not be your cup of tea. Very insightful to American War history folks. Lots of aircraft in display. The "look how many B-52s we shot down" got tiresome after a while, but I enjoyed my visit.Written June 8, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Accessible from the military museum this pagoda style structure bears an impressive Vietnamese flag from the flagpole at the top. The structure is fairly nondescript but worth climbing to the higher level for some fairly decent views.Written July 26, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Apart from a group of young police officers we were the only people in this free to enter museum. On entering you a greeted by a larger than life statue of Ho Chi Minh in air conditioned comfort.
The museum documents the history of the Vietnamese Security Services from the start of the French war to the current with a large series of photos, artefacts such as old radios and weapons and the occasional modelled scene. Each item has a description in Vietnamese and English.
If you are interested in the history of the conflicts in Vietnam this museum is a must see, it's very different and explains what happened in the country from a slightly different angle (although it's as biased as every other museum we visited, but that's fair enough).Written June 4, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Hanoi
- These are the best places for budget-friendly military museums in Hanoi:See more budget-friendly military museums in Hanoi on Tripadvisor