- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
35 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 35
What travelers are saying
- I have good experience with Great Western Premier Resort Bangtao.It impressed me and made me feel and admired Thai peoplI 've just been back from a 10 days fantastic holiday in Phuket.We stayed in Best Western premier Resort Bang Tao.It was liked a paradise .with beautiful beach frond resort surrounded by manicure gardens with coconut trees and other fantastic flowers.
The staff are over friendly and helpful.Specially BUM is an excellent receptionist. She went over and above her capacity to help me and.my groups with our traveling needs and advisers. I am very happy to recommend the hotel to future travelers to Phuket.Written August 2, 2022
- Really great beach. We walked from patong - difficult walk. When you get to avista hotel carry on walking straight. Go past the first entrance with the lady who charges 100b you don’t need to pay that. About 800m there is a little cabin shop and the people are so friendly. You can walk to the beach from there. It is steep and not very safe but do able - way back is hard . I got a smoothie for 80b and a coke for 40b on the beach there was also foodWritten August 10, 2022
- Not crowded. Impressive walking beach. Can get dirty by end of the day from the ocean bringing in debris.Written July 2, 2022
- Kata Beach is a beautiful bay of white sand and a clear sea, with palm trees that offer shade.
The beach of Kata is divided into two distinct parts: Kata Yai, the most important, and Kata Noi, located further south. These beautiful beaches have seen the development of new tourist facilities: high-end resorts, restaurants, bars, shops and massage parlours. There are fewer and fewer modest hotels, they have been bought, transformed, furnished, and prices have increased significantly. For lunch, a good option is to enjoy the buffets offered by the hotels. In the evening, street stalls offer cheap Thai cuisine.Written August 6, 2022
- This beach is beautiful and has a gorgeous sunset, but I don’t recommend it for swimming. The waves are very rough, and right now they have jellyfish in the water. It’s not a very good beach to walk on, as the sand is course but soft so your feet sink easily. It is close to Turtle Village and many of the resorts are on this beach.Written June 18, 2022
- four of us hired a longboat from Rawai beach for 1500 baht. the trip across to Banana Beach in itself was great and took about 30 mins. We passed the slightly larger Long Beach on our way to Banana Beach by choice. It was beautiful. Nice sandy beach and 100 baht got you a deckchair. All usual facilities available. Sea warm and full of colourful fishes. Views to die for. Also some Watersport available. We went in the pm and my only regret is not going for the full day.Written January 31, 2022
- Beautiful beach with an amazing sunset. On the north end of the beach you have Novotel and Intercontinental. In the middle there is a restaurant row with plenty of choices to dine and drink. On the south side as you get closer to town things are getting more quiet. Karmala is currently a sleepy little town which makes it attractive.Written January 6, 2022
- Really busy, and very touristy! Great to go and see but wouldn't want to stay there! Wouldn't take kids there in the evening....Written August 4, 2022
- So, If you wanna getaway from the crowded beach and buzz… go just “around the corner” a bit away, close by! And you be surprised! 😉👍😍Written December 28, 2021
- Nice to be out of the Patong hustle, but within walking distance..Nice waterfront restaurants and bars..Most over priced for Patong though..
Cant swim there..all rockWritten January 9, 2020
- Very relaxing place, the beach was not perfectly clean because of the howl and waves i understand bring stuff but the place is lovelyWritten February 25, 2022
- lots of nice cafes, not crowded like patong, highly recommend. we ate at RIMLAY by the Karon Park, very goodWritten June 23, 2022
- This is arguably the best beach in Phuket, lovely clear water and good amenities near bye. Even in Low season It’s A Great beachWritten August 9, 2022
- So we read Phuket101’s article about a hidden secret beach and were so intrigued we took the plunge. Off to Surin we went where we located an orange dinghy boat and 1000 baht (to and fro) later, our family of 5 were heading towards this secret cove. Note: There’s wading in the waves involved so prepare to get wet.
Mostly Russians too had gotten wind of this secluded beach - they trekked via the hinterland - but there’s enough of the lush jungles and clear soft sand for all of us. There’s a little swing hanging from the sea almond trees and enterprising Alex (and her family) will offer you loungers (100 baht), massages, drinks and ice cream to make it a lovely day out.
Must try: Alex’s brother’s seafood restaurant perched on the rock bluffs. We had sandwiches, glass noodles, shrimp fried rice, veg rolls, a delicious snapper done sweet and sour style and mangoes for about USD$55. Give them a try. It will cap off your day in the sun on Robinson Crusoe’s beach.Written December 10, 2019
- Nice wild beach - for those who like something a bit less commercial.
Keep closer to the sea as some mozzies around the back where the forest isWritten July 15, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Phuket
- These are the best hidden gems for beaches in Phuket:See more hidden gem beaches in Phuket on Tripadvisor