- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
206 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 206
What travelers are saying
- This was an astonishingly positive experience. I was traveling alone and I have a disability so I was nervous whether I'd be able to participate in this activity. My tour guide Arm 2 was very accommodating and found ways to make sure I could participate safely with the group. I learned so much and came away feeling so grateful for the opportunity to make this connection with these marvelous animals and their caregivers.Written September 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Even though I’m not huge into visiting temples, it was pretty amazing to see this one. How well it’s been maintained over the many years, the calmness that’s within, and the detailed creation that was done so many years ago.Written September 16, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is clear from the start that the staff truly care for the elephants and prioritise their safety and well being. This is an excellent organisation who offers genuine bonding experiences with elephants.Written September 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing temple to visit and take a round and catch some good photos.
You will find monks and can buy some souvenirs.
Pay a visit 😊Written September 28, 2022
- Good peace of mind, if you need some place calm to set your mind to peace and get some rest please visit this temple a bit far away from the crowing centre. Also if you get to assist in the monk prayers please do so.
Good fresh air in the morning.Written May 22, 2022
- Sumptuous garden(s). Well worth exploring. Used the free shuttle bus which run more or less continuously so just wait at the same place you alighted to hop on the next shuttle. There is a coffee shop near the entrance and also a restaurant within the complex. Lots of toilets available throughout the park.Written August 24, 2022
- Although located in a quite busy part of the city, the temple is quiet and interesting. The white chedis next to the golden pagoda contain the ashes of various members of the royal family. The temple is built on the site of a 14th century royal garden and is well worth a visit...Written June 5, 2022
- Unfortunately heavy rain curtailed our visit to this series of waterfalls. Nevertheless, even though we could only go as far as the fifth viewpoint, it was worth the admission money. The falls were very active which wasn’t surprising given the amount of rainfall so some care had to be taken on the footpath. The first few stages are wheelchair accessible.
It’s not just the waterfall that is a very good attraction but the plants, shrubs and trees. There are many different varieties and where you have trees, there will be insects in abundance.
There is a large car park and the inevitable food stalls nearby.
Well worth visiting particularly in dry weather.Written July 14, 2022
- Once in a life time experience, the Yi Peng& Loy Krathong festival. There were celebrations for approximately 3 days. Very interesting culture exposure and there were street parade by the locals, floats made of flowers, cultural costumes and endless night markets with varieties of food, souvenirs etc..Written June 14, 2020
- The experience was terrific! We had an amazing tour guide and the elephants seemed rather happy! Cliff jumping seemed fun (my dad and brother jumped) and overall I would definitely do it again many times over. I'll forever remember this amazing experience ❤️Written September 22, 2022
- We visited this place during our walking tour of the old city and is located in the centre of the old city. It’s the site where ovens were placed to cast Buddha images for Wat Chedi Luang, which is nearby. The viharn is beautiful. Opposite the entrance is a large golden sitting Buddha, the Wat Phan Tao’s principal Buddha image. There is also a large white chedi. We were there in the evening and it was shutting down for the day then.Written December 31, 2020
- A very beautiful, peaceful, and relaxing park! I immediately felt embraced with peace as I walked in. The fountains have a refreshing sound, it’s pretty quiet, and there are plenty of benches to relax on. I took a book and found a perfect place to just read and people watch. There is a walking path with small gym equipment stations and a playground for kids at the far end. I enjoyed a scoop of ice cream from one of the vendors inside.Written September 16, 2022
- Giving this 4 stars in no way implies this isn't a wonderful place to visit, but I'm visiting alot of Temples here, so I'm saving the 5 star rating for the best of the best.
Beautiful inside the main Temple building and I love all the gold ribbons hung on lines in front of the Chedi carrying people's wishes.Written August 24, 2022
- The elephants are treated so well. The whole experience was very special. Noy the owner collected four of us from our hotel right on time. A lovely hour or so drive to the rural area near Chang Mai. We were issued with tunics to protect our clothes, cane hats and shoulder bags to put our phones in. Lockers were allocated for other belongings. It had being raining but staff ensured we were helped over slippery parts. We fed the elephants, patted them, were taught a few commands, walked with them and watched as they played in the waterhole. The group before us were young and all swam with the elephants. The staff were excellent friendly, knowledgeable and caring. When we left we were given a framed photo of us with the elephants trunks wrapped around us. Once we left the farm we then we’re given lunch before our journey back to the hotel. An absolutely wonderful experience. Thanks to all involved.Written September 15, 2022
- We enjoyed a big walk, but you can pay 60 THB for hop on hop off tram or hire a golf buggy by the hour. A good variety of animals in large enclosures. The animals looked well cared for and there was plenty of food for them. It appears that they are upgrading many enclosures and facilities. It is a pity they don’t publish feeding times. We stumbled across the penguin feeding at about 3.00 p.m. Well worth watching from an airconditioned room.Written September 28, 2022