Nature & Wildlife Areas • Hiking Trails
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
7 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Wonderful experience at Chi jungle man and the elephants. They have elephants of all ages from about 2 to 38 years oldWe arrived on March 21st at about 9:30 a.m. we planned on staying two nights. Upon arrival we started feeding the elephants so they could get to know us. After about a half hour we went for a walk in the mountains with the elephants. We were walking with five or six elephants. Chi our guide is very good and has been doing this for a long time. The elephant stopped to eat along the way eating the different plants. We stopped at a hut that the elephants were familiar with and Chi and his crew we're able to give them more food such as banana trees and bananas and different vegetation that they like. Then all of a sudden one of the elephant started making noises and we found out it was because he was thirsty. So all of them started making noises so we went back so they could drink water. And by the time we got back it was lunch time. So we had a very nice lunch the food was great and then we had about an hour or an hour and a half to rest. And then we went with the elephants down to the river. Probably about an hour's walk or so because you go slowly and the elephants eat on the way. Do elephants love the water and it was very interesting to see them interact. They are amazing animals and it's very obvious that Chi and his crew care for the animals very well.Written March 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I didn't take any water for one thing. Well, that's the most important thing. The three people I saw on the trail were coming down from the temple not going up like me so wrong way I guess. I'm 61 and did it alone which might be considered stupid too. Actually I did a whole loop from and back to my AirBnb - near Maya Mall - going up to the temple on this rocky 2 km trail and back down on the main road. Like 20 km all told, 90% on asphalt. It's alright this trail hike. At my age, if I can do it, young strong people should consider it a breeze. I don't remember being inspired or anything like that with the nature or spirituality or something otherworldly. I don't know, up towards the top there's like the stream from the temple and little waterfalls to check out. Temple is bxdxss as you know. I'll remember to write about that. By the way, I dosed down big time with repellent, still had a bunch of ants crawling on my arm at one point.Written May 31, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great experience in the mountains of Chiang Dao. The itinerary was wild and offered a great diversity.
I highly recommend these hikes to those who are looking for a demanding experience in the nature.Written June 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a wonderful experience just being able to interact with the elephants so close up. We had a great day in spite of the weather. Of course we were there in monsoon time so when it rains it really rains, consequently the ground was sooo muddy and the elephants were loving itWritten August 21, 2018
- Kuul is a geat native guide and a fluent english speaker! He took us to Doi Suthep Temple and Hmong Village. Great explanations about Thai way of life and budism on our way. The next day, he took us to Banchang Pangmai Paradise Resort. Its a recent and small elephant reserve, but the experience with the animals was really intense and special! Totally recommend! At last, Kuul produced a video that will eternize this day in our memories!Written December 21, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Chiang Mai
- These experiences are best for hiking trails in Chiang Mai:
- Doi Inthanon Private Tour with Trek & Lunch from Chiang Mai
- 6-Hour Hike and Bike in Doi Suthep Pui National Park Combo from Chiang Mai
- 3D2NTrek Adventure at Chiang Mai Mea Wang Including Overnight at Karen Hilltribe
- Inthanon Heaven Trail(Living Green Elephant Sanctuary)
- Half day morning At ChangChill, an observation-only truly elephant-friendly camp