- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- We came upon this oasis when walking around the moat. Beautifully landscaped with pathways and ponds. Lots of benches to relax on and a covered pavilion to provide shade from the sunWritten December 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Mike and I had an amazing time. Bee and his wife were amazing. We caught giant fish until we didn't have the strength to fish anymore.Written October 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Why ?
Because it is what we did and we had the chance to see several interesting events.
Like a Wedding, or a gathering of boy scouts or Loi Kratong floating candles launching...
And we didn't see any tourists at all.
So it was, if dare I say, authentic ?
You know, we tourists (!) are always looking for the authenticity of what we see, dreading the crowds or the hustle of sellers forcing into our hands unneeded souvenirs.
Well, all this didn't happen near the river, which in itself was remarkable as we were in Chiang Mai for 5 days, last November, for Yi Peng and Loy Krathong (Lantern Festival), which are the top touristic events of the year.
However, if you are in Chiang Mai for 1 or 2 days only, then there many more amazing things to see and experience (like visiting the Temples for instance).
So if you have enough time, this river is a nice enough place to see, with may be a short cruise on it.
As always (or almost) I have attached plenty of pictures...to give you a glimpse of what we enjoyed to see there.Written October 13, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice resevoir in the university campus. Good for morning or evening exercise. There is a part for pet lovers gathering in late afternoon. There is one coffee shop.
Enough carpark area but expect some long walk. Toilet is limited.Written January 2, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Chiang Mai
- These are the best places for budget-friendly bodies of water in Chiang Mai:See more budget-friendly bodies of water in Chiang Mai on Tripadvisor