Points of Interest & Landmarks • Monuments & Statues
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
What travelers are saying
- Before you visit, it’s worth reading up on the part the three kings played in establishing the old city. It is a monument to commemorate the founding of Chiang Mai. Whilst it only takes a few minutes to look at it, there are several interesting places to visit in the vicinity like the City Arts and Cultural centre situated immediately behind the monument.
Quite a good wet weather activity.Written July 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Only me threre , an awesome experience , the cave is simply breathtaking. A massive expanse , a cathedral like cavern, totally recomend, and I'm not easily pleased, after the cave you can walk up to the top of the hill.. Very hard walk . Not as good as the cave, but go if you like a challenge.Written January 12, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Kruba Srivichai Statue stands at this Monument and many local Thais will pray for safety and protection. Its located at the Foot of Wat Pratat Doi Suthep. You will feel a relief of somewhat of comfort after making some joss stick offerings. You will definately feel better after praying to Kruba Srivichai.Written March 12, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I'm guessing this is somebody's life long project. Beautiful works of art going on here. I believe it's all produced on the premises. It's got that Hindu / Buddhist mix of things going on. Lots of different things and different styles, yet it all seems to fit together quite well. I can't really point to any one particular piece that struck me. There was a painting of a horse I'm guessing Kanthaka I thought was nice. They got a little bit of a shrine to the King's sister who visited here some years back. I here she's a very nice lady who lives a simple life, and a lot of people here in Thailand admire her. Saw a few young people here working on the paintings, statues. Wish I was part of something like this when I was their age. Wish I was creative like them.Written June 2, 2022
- I have been many times as this is one of the very best examples of a Wat in Chiangmai-try the wooden temple nearer walking street which is wonderful and some of the smaller buidings.Written October 14, 2015
- Visiting this temple is a nice experience. We climb up very high to reach the main temple which was beautiful and worth for.Written December 31, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Chiang Mai
- These places are best for monuments & statues in Chiang Mai:
- Three Kings Monument
- Phra Kruba Srivichai Shrine (Inside Muang On Cave)
- Khu Ba Si Wichai Monument
- Roitawarabarn Baandhawalai - Porter house
- Wat Kongkaw