- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- Very nice place as each floor has different arts from different artists. The art feels more related to religion and beliefsWritten July 23, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have probably walked by the BACC 50 times but never stopped in -- my loss. What a beautiful display of artwork!
The building is 9 stories tall, very open, and filled with interesting pieces of art, some of which are quite large. The building has a very open feeling about it and there are quite a few small cafes, coffee shops and tiny stores on the lower levels. And there is no entrance fee!
Definitely worth checking out and I always enjoy supporting the small local shops. You will find some unique gifts here.Written January 31, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- So many art exhibitions inside the shopping mall. Had such a great time looking at all the arts by many talented artists.Written June 24, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were lucky this trip to see the Puppet Show, after missing it last time two years ago. This time we had our granddaughter with us. The puppets came to magical life through the skill of the puppeteers. The puppeteers are dressed in black and masked, so that the puppets' personalities dominate. At the end of the performance the puppets engaged with the audience. Our granddaughter received a lovely hug from one of them. A special experience. Incredibly, there is no charge for the puppet show, especially since the training and skill is high. You get to witness a Thai cultural performance at no charge!
I think The Artist's House is an marvellous place, it's like being in the country but right in the middle of a huge city. It's a quiet, cool spot in the middle of Bangkok and it's delightful to sit there on the coffee shop verandah, on the klong, and watch the boat traffic pass by and to see all the houses on stilts with their gardens and decor, so colourful and creative. Upstairs is the art for viewing or buying. I think we took about a million photos here.Written February 21, 2020
- During my trip to Bangkok I was staying at Novotel Bangkok Silom Road Hotel at Silom and this Museum was located at a walking distance from my Hotel. Entrance to this place is free. I saw 2 big Thai houses showcasing Thai lifestyle and culture from the past. It was informative and truly interesting experience.Written June 20, 2020
- During our visit, one hall was closed for renovations, and there seemed to be a limited variety to the art on display. The permanent exhibition pieces is a little small in number and variety, and given the rather high price of admission (and difficulty of access, walking from the National Museum), this was a little disappointing.Written December 16, 2019
- The collection of this museum is remarkable. I also liked the welcoming I received: I was taken around by a museum employee who was very polite and even gave me some explanations on the works of art. It's also interesting how this museums sits on top of offices: it's all one building dedicated to both offices and museum space. And, last but not least, it's free. It is true that it's far away from everything, but the taxi ride was worth it!Written September 7, 2020
- The Sombat Permpoon Gallery is a wonderful place for Art lovers to spend an hour or two when in Bangkok, the owner and staff are welcoming and friendly, you are encouraged to browse the extensive range of Thai Art on display, all the Art is for sale, ranging from low priced pieces any tourist can afford to high priced works by well known Thai Artists.Written July 3, 2018
- The Rattanakosin learning center in the mid town. Only 100 Thai baht for the fee (2 parts, 100 each). Each part will take you around 2 hours. They provide the translator machine for foriegner and the staff in each room also explain the story and inform you to use. It's quite interesting exhibition with light and sound.Written November 10, 2017
- Very impressive private collection of Thai erotic art, including some modern and some real antique exhibits. It's huge, took us a while to finish it. Definitely worth it!Written March 4, 2020
- I always love collecting art and paintings from the far east, and on a recent visit to Bangkok, I was recommended Art Gallery at Soi 36 in Sukhumvit which was walking distance from my hotel, by the receptionist. I really liked some of the paintings and actually bought a small one to take back home with me. The shop is a small one and most of the work is by local artisans, which makes it all the more better for me. I really liked the painting of the owl in a light blue colour. The staff was very friendly and the environment was clean. Must visit if in the neighbourhood.Written July 1, 2017
- I really enjoyed this museum.I spend around 2 hours with the museum guided.Thai museum belongs to Mr.Sermkhun Kunawong who collects more than 300 art works.They displayed within 800 square-metred in the three floors building. All the floors are different and show several kinds of Thai and European works ; Thai painting,Thai sculptures,headdresses,marionettes.
There are 3 floors divided into 12 distinctive zones such as The Garden Buddhist Sculptures ,Thai Heritage Room,Portrait Hall,Abstract Art Room,Hall of contemporary Dialogues, etc.
I was impressed mostly by the sculptures and Thai paintings.It's was just amazing!
The Museum open on the 3rd Saturday of every month.The entrance costs 300 baht for adult, 150 baht for student (The student card has to be shown) Visitor must be at least 10 years old.
Check the visiting schedule and book the ticket in advance by sermkhun kunawong museum house website.Written April 22, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Bangkok
- These are the best places for couples seeking art museums in Bangkok:See more art museums for couples in Bangkok on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly art museums in Bangkok:See more budget-friendly art museums in Bangkok on Tripadvisor