Traveler resources in Kathmandu
Top Kathmandu, Nepal Traveler Resources
Traveler Resources in Kathmandu
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- We traveled at the Annapurna at April with a porter guide named Ram Dumjan. He is the best person we could have wished for. He helped us always! He has a great English and he enriched us all the trek. I didn’t feel well and he always cared about me, and help me go to a hospital.
Thanks for everything Ram ❤️Written March 29, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I trekked with Narba Treks in both 2013 and 2022, in the former as part of a group of seven, in the latter trip as part of a group of four. On the latter trip I chose Narba again because of the very positive experience I had in the first trip.
Nar, the owner of Narba Treks, himself is a very friendly, very warm, very
approachable and very helpful person. The moment I met him the first time, I felt
completely at ease in his company. I really enjoyed his positivity, and his eagerness
to ensure that our group was satisfied with our experience on the trip. Nar is a very
interesting and well-travelled person, he is also very knowledgeable about his country,
the land and the mountains. He was always able to explain in clear terms and in an
interesting manner, questions we asked about Nepal and the Nepalese culture; the
mountains; the flora and fauna.
The guesthouses we stayed in and other arrangements (pre and post the trek) were
very well selected to ensure our utmost comfort and satisfaction. Nar went – as I very
much believe – above and beyond the normal customaries to ensure that we were
always well taken care of. Because of all of this, both trips were amazing; amazing
journeys, with amazing pictures and amazing memories.
As well as his personality, Nar is an extremely organised person, and this is reflected
in how he runs his business. The communication before the trips were excellent. As a
first step, we were provided with an adequate information pack that allowed us to pack
and prepare accordingly. The itinerary was well outlined within the pack. Outside of
the information pack, Nar was always on hand to answer additional and specific
questions. Our requests and queries were answered clearly and without delay. Nar
facilitated a lot of arrangements for us outside of the schedule, that we really
appreciated, clearly explaining the options available, and their consequence in terms
of the trip schedule or cost.
All in all, I highly recommend Narba Treks to all who are considering visiting Nepal
and trekking: you will not regret your choice. You will be left with memories from an
amazing trip that will last you a lifetime, as well as a true friend who you will no doubt
make it your point to visit again!Written February 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A former palace, now a library based on the collection of General Kaiser SJB Rana, son of the earlier Maharajah.
Houses some old books and manuskripts but much must have been lost over time due to the lack of care and mis management.
Where a fine sword and shield should hang is now a chinese toy copy.
Still a a place to visit as less n less of the real historical Kathmandu exists.
Books they have, may need to search and abit dusty but fun.
If studying anything on Nepal a good place to visit. Can always go to garden of dreams otherwise which is basicly next door.Written October 3, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- located at the Nepal’s biggest business complex “United World Trade Center” in Tripureswor, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Good for exhibitions, trade fairs and seminars as per their concept. We had conduct 3 days of exhibitions, fairs...Written December 22, 2012This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Friendliness and hospitality of the staffs makes this travel agency very praiseworthy. Very knowledgable on their field and prices are reasonable. They made our family visit to Pokhara very memorable with detailed information and travel management. Anyone looking for a travel agency in Nepal/Kathmandu, give these guys a chance; you won't regret it.Written September 12, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kathmandu
- These places are best for traveler resources in Kathmandu:
- Kaiser Library
- Direction Exhibition & Convention Center
- Pancha Kosha Himalayan Spa
- Shalom Treks
- Narba Treks & Expeditions Pvt. Ltd.