Movie Theaters in Kathmandu
THE 5 BEST Kathmandu Movie Theaters
Movie Theaters in Kathmandu
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Fun & Games
Fun & Games
What travelers are saying
- I was lucky enough to stumble across this place while wandering back to my hotel in Thamel. It's easy to find, just above the 'Everest Irish pub'. They have a different film on every night and are always open to suggestions about the schedule. The staff are very friendly and knowledgable about films. Drop by to see your favourite recent films and a few classics you'd forgotten about while enjoying a drink or two from the bar downstairs. Anyway, for the cheap, cheap price, it sure beats watching TV in you ur hotel room.Written January 4, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was impressed by this theater in Kathmandu. We saw Avatar in 3D. The facility is large, clean, and has a lot of cool lighting features and seating outside of the cinemas. The screen was large and the 3D worked pretty well, although it was hard to see properly from too close. The seats are comfortable, but they do not recline, and the armrests do not go up. Weirdly, even though they lack these basic features, they vibrate for action in the movie, which gets kind of annoying, since it's just the same kind of vibration no matter what the action is. Also, the theater very abruptly stopped the movie at a random point and put "Interval" on the screen...like an intermission. But, they didn't say how long it would be for. They started playing commercials and previews very loudly, so we took a break and missed a couple of scenes once the movie started up again. Btw, the movie started exactly on time; it seems they show previews in this "intermission," which definitely disrupted the flow.
The movie theater has a concession stand and a cafe counter, which was helpful so we could get dinner. The concession counter had a large menu, but only had a few items in stock: chicken burgers (which they microwaved whole, ew, but were actually somewhat tasty), nachos, popcorn, and Pringles. The cafe had more choices, such as chicken and veg pastry wraps, brownies, doughnuts, and coffee drinks. There was also a stand selling "American Sweet Corn," which was funny since that is not an American thing; we got an order and it was plain boiled corn with masala spices. You can bring the food into the theaters on trays, which you hold on your lap. The bathrooms were pretty clean. It was hard to find the theater (it's on the top floor, and the escalators don't all work), and leaving was jarring and confusing (they made us go out the exit door and just kind of dumped us into the empty mall, without working escalators, and the mall doors were locked at night...some local people showed us how to find the basement parking lot and exit the building). Anyway, we plan to go back if there is another English-language or subtitled movie we want to see. I'm glad to have something this nice close to Boudha, where we are living for a few years.Written January 4, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Looking for an exciting shopping experience this is not the place. A boating shopping collection and not worth the time nor effort. Out dated shops and no imagination in marketingWritten February 24, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There are alot of things CDC could change starting with the management skills. it's not the first time they have cancelled the show after we have arrived here to watch the show. We are business man working really hard. it's very rare that we get time for ourselves. finally when we are out after spending alot of money on Petrol and taxi we don't expect going home without watching the show. you guys should really work alot on your cinemas because if you see in long run you guys will be a flop Hall really soon. Anyways I just wanted you guys to know that I couldn't be more disappointed today. Sadly today you guys have definitely lost a loyal customer to your brand. I am going to make sure non of my friends, business associate or my family visits this Hall ever again until you guys feel sorry about what you have done and improve your management.
Can't ever be more disappointed.Written September 30, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kathmandu
- These places are best for movie theaters in Kathmandu:See more movie theaters in Kathmandu on Tripadvisor