- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- Good things first, it’s only reserved for tourists, the food is free and so are the drinks (provided you push the staff), there are dance performances which you can watch for entertainment. Good things end here. The place is small, tables are old, staff is unhelpful, all the people who play are mostly regulars and it’s not easy to mesh with them, the tables are crowded so it’s difficult to place a bet, food is not worth the standard of even a medium hotel, in short it was a BAD experience.Written January 23, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The roulette tables are overcrowded and others like blackjack are totally empty. The tables are on the left side as you enter and to the right is a stage where there are live performance (dances to indian songs mostly) and then in front of the stage there are tables to sit down and have drinks and buffet meals. The food is ok. Overall, I thought it was as much as you could expect in Nepal.Written December 1, 2013This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hotel shangrila casino is one of the best cssino amongst other casinos. Good for tourist who can spend their time here with entertainment.Written August 17, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Casino Mahjong is situated in Hotel Crowne Plaza and is one of biggest and busiest casinos in Kathmandu. Be ready for floor full of cigarette smoke and badly diluted drinks if you wish to try you luck here. When we went casino was full of people who were badly dressed up and seemed like not have taken bath since days. I think this casino allows everyone to enter and play till the time you have money. Therefore you can find groups of uncivilized drunk people creating ruckus.
Though this casino also provide good security and there were lot of bouncers on the floor. But if you have your pockets filled up well you can cross lines without any fear of being thrown out. Dinner served is not good and crowd is not properly managed.Written January 18, 2017
- Compare to other casinos in the city is bigger, more decent, more clean with around 20 slots machines, electronic roulete and some tables. Overall average but still better that the other terible casinos we visited in the city.
Another positive was the casino was offering free transfer to our hotel.
Although we have been to many casinos around the world and in the other place in Nepal we were shocked to see that are allowing kids in the casino together with their families and even worse allowing then to play. That was a huge shock for this reason we will never go back there.Written September 24, 2019