- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
What travelers are saying
- Internationally Nepal art and culture doesn't receive much coverage in museums-- far more exhibits for India, China, Japan, Thailand. But Nepal has rich historical treasures on display here.
Not often visited by foreigners, it offers a great deal of Nepalese art and culture at an extremely affordable price: 150 rupees (about $1.50 US).Written December 8, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Museum was founded in the year 1995 with a view of collecting, preserving and glorifying Nepali folk musical instruments. There are more than 100 ethnic groups in Nepal, each with their own culture and traditions to mark every occasion from birth to death with music. The museum holding a collection of 655 distinct Nepali folk musical instruments.
Not easy to find, like all treasures, but when you will find it, you will really appreciate it!
Martin from Montréal, Québec, CanadaWritten April 20, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- ...so if you’re in the area, especially if staying in the same compound at the Hyatt Regency, then you should definitely visit. Not every section was open but what there was I found very diverting, particularly some of the first European artists’ impressions of Nepal and the striking photography of people and nature.Written January 26, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- located near the Swambhunath temple and opposite to the National Museum. in my opinion, its a better-kept place than the national museum with a good military collection. has a good legacy of the unification of Nepal and its history.Written March 16, 2020