Popular things to do
- Walking Tours
- 4WD Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Cultural Tours
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Multi-day Tours
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Hiking Tours
- Historical Tours
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Ports of Call Tours
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Shopping Tours
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Special Offers
- Water Sports
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Family Friendly
- Yoga Classes
Top Attractions in Kampala
What travelers are saying
- Touring this mosque is a good way to learn more about the history of the mosque, and then climbing the tower was tough but rewarding to learn more about Kampala.Written August 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- we was a bit late, but was allowed to visit: good explanation of the origin and about the beliefs. Thank you.Written March 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We have just arrived from a trip to Uganda organized by Gorilla Bookings. We would like to strongly recommend them as everything turned out perfectly. Both the deals prior to the start of the trip, and the program carried out. We want to especially thank our driver and guide Allan. We were lucky to be assigned this great professional, apart from being a great person. If you ever book a trip with this agency, don't hesitate to ask for him directly. He knows the places like no one else and made everything run smoothly. He balanced our trip by adapting to our way of being and offering us experiences tailored to our tastes, so we discovered that there is a Uganda beyond the gorillas that is very worthwhile. Throughout my life I have traveled a lot and it is difficult to repeat a destination. But as for Uganda, I can't wait to go back. Definitely book with Gorilla Bookings company.Written July 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is the biggest church in Uganda where martyrs are remembered. The church has a nice serene compound around itWritten March 13, 2022
- This museum was the most disappointing of the national museums I visits (Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda). It is more akin to a cultural museum and not a history museum. There is no references other than 1 panel to colonization and the post-colonization history.
It is a good way to learn about the different tribes, but the info gets somewhat repetitive.Written August 14, 2022
- You can't understand Uganda until you understand Buganda - it´s most populous and prosperous area. For no other reason than that it is worth visiting the Kabaka´s Palace - the ceremonial home of the King of Buganda.Written July 5, 2021
- I use the dentist and doctor of Aga Khan, Shoprite for shopping, Caramel for bread, Cafesserie for ice and food and Kentucky for the kids. PerfectWritten March 6, 2020
- Our local birding guide, Raimond (+256-777 319 865), was excellent and well above the average guiding, not only for Uganda but worldwide! Pitty that you cannot go farther enough into the reserve, but well deserved.Written August 9, 2021
- At the time of my visit, The Kasubi Tombs were under renovation, although it seemed that it has taken a long time since this started.
My tour guide and myself were greeted by a not very happy guard who asked me to wear kind of like a blanket around my waist because I was wearing trousers instead of a dress. I did as I was asked and we went to visit the tombs.
At the entrance they show you the huts where people live, along with an explanation of why a woman cannot visit one of them, since it is reserved only for the main kabaka.
The Kasubi Tombs became a UNESCO world heritage site back in 2001, but it is a shame that the place has not been maintained properly. Hopefully the renovation ends soon so other people can admire it.Written March 1, 2021
- This is such an inspiring place to visit. They are really making a difference to the lives of people and developing and delivering some great projects. Well worth supporting.Written May 29, 2020
- got an guide through the cathedral; top of an hill; fine to see. Also the martyrs are remembered as the popes of the last decades!Written March 8, 2022
- Namirembe cathedral is a must on a day trip in Kampala city. The cathedral is on the Namirembe hill. Walking up to the cathedral, you would be able to enjoy the city laid out on the side of the hill. There are millions of beautiful birds giving you the company. Sundays are busy and noisy. For foreign nationals, there is a guided tour available with UGX 10000. The tour takes you through the cathedral's history. But what is more worth is the visit to the cathedral. The structure is made of old Mahogany wood and is quite grand. I especially liked the Berlin Wall remnant. Keep at least 45 minutes for the visit. I was not impressed with the souvenirs on display as most items were too religious in nature.Written October 21, 2021
- Overall nice monument located near the Ugandan parliament. It’s not the biggest or best monument but worth seeing when visiting Kampala for the history of Uganda and the brutal colonization they had to endure before full independence.Written October 9, 2021
- Have been to this casino a few times. It is well set out and had a good variety of gambling options. There are good parking options and the location is great as it is very central. It has a great restaurant connected to it with some excellent food options. Just a heads up, there is no ATM at this place. (could be seen as a good or bad thing)Written May 8, 2018
- Lets all try out these guys paintings because indeed they are at the world's best in the whole of Africa....Written February 7, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Kampala
- The best day trips from Kampala according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- 1 day Fishing and Chimpanzee Island tour
- 1Day Jinja Tour Experience
- Full-Day Lake Mburo National Park Safari with Boat trip (2 day option available)
- 1 day Jinja Source of the Nile (001
- Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary