- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 58
What travelers are saying
- We loved this gallery. It was very well worth a visit, and the artwork was stunning. We were escorted around by one of the artists, and got to see them in the back. He was friendly and it was informative to hear about the work. There is a little coffee shop (maybe restaurant on site that I wish we had been able to try.Written December 16, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Large space on two floors with multiple rooms. Features one or two artists along with samples of art by several others. Offers an active community arts program.Written December 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Upon visiting the Inema Art Center, we had the good fortune of meeting Timothy - one of 5 brothers who run Inema and the Choose Kigali Gallery and Restaurant. After engaging with Kenneth (Timothy's brother) and other artists, Timothy offered to drive us to Choose for lunch. The restaurant is a jewel in the middle of the city - quiet, peaceful, friendly staff, and fabulous cuisine. We love how the owners so tastefully blend art with dining. We also learned Prince Charles & Camilla dined at Choose Kigali during their June 2022 visit to Rwanda. Now the staff is hoping to see Steph Curry next. Steph - if you're reading this review you need to come!!!Written September 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- “Bustling” doesn’t begin to describe this Mecca of commerce. Tools, clothes, housewares, trinkets, an incredible array of things are on sale. The clothes made to order on treadle sewing machines are decent quality and fun.
Now, the experience, because you have to be ready to roll with it. Aisles are narrow, some dimly lit, and packed with people and goods. Young non local women will attract a lot of attention, but mostly from a distance. Overall the market seems pretty safe.
If you’re white or obviously a tourist, you will be approached by people persistently hawking their stuff or offering to “help” you. Politely and confidently telling them you’re not interested helps, ignoring them works too. There are no prices on anything, so everything is a negotiation. But even if you don’t buy anything it’s a great experience.Written December 29, 2022
- Support local artists -great local place to visit. If you have time, you should stop by and check them out.Written December 15, 2019
- I be there so many times and I like the way things are;sellers with buyers making good noise, everything there is interesting!Written July 22, 2018
- MamaRwanda is the #1 BEST PLACE I have ever stayed -- and I have been in 79 nations, so I have stayed in everything from the top resort hotels to many other interesting lodgings on every continent. I say this is #1 simply because the founder and the staff made me feel like family and I never wanted to leave the awesome hospitality! Their mission is to help the women and children in the community which means that your stay contributes to this too. The accommodations are clean, the food is tasty, but the people are simply the best! Hopefully, you will get to have an outfit made at the ladies' sewing shop affiliated or visit with the kids after school program he directs. Simply the best place to stay in the world!Written October 27, 2020
- I've been to Tongo twice - and i LOVE it! The space is full of character and charm - and the work is BEAUTIFUL! Joe is an incredibly talented painter and Sarah's jewelry is extremely unique and cool.
Every visitor to Kigali should stop by Tongo to check it out - and make a purchase! Such beautiful work!Written June 4, 2015
- Best art space in kigali!recommend y'all to pay them a visit,it's so good.feel freee to tell your friends to tell their friends too.Written June 16, 2022
- Thoughts and dreams captured using art is just wonderful.
Really enjoyed the visit to this center.
Cool place to visit.Written October 6, 2019
- I visited Abien arts center in Muhanga city southern province itis small space but Director AKIMANA Fabien still building that and I meet with one artist really was so good
And it is behind of Muhanga District to the road of Kibuye Karongi District.
RN1Written December 10, 2019
- This shopping center is great for when you want a single place to stay busy. I came here while it was raining and it was the perfect distraction. The coffee shops and clothing stores in here are all at decent prices. (Also for anyone looking to get food gifts, the Simba inside has great prices on tea, coffee, pili pili sauce and honey)Written August 5, 2019
- Kigali Soul is certainly a unique and priceless art gallery, but it is as well a place where you can practice kizomba and sometimes salsa on Thursdays. The classes start at 18.30 this year and last about an hour. After that you can dance freely on the dance floor, until 10.00 pm. The teacher is called Yannick. He is excellent. He can speak English, French and Kinyarwanda very well. Kigali Soul charges RWF 5,000 per person, but with that you can take drinks and even eat. As far as I am concerned, I go every Thursday, except on the last Thursday of the month (there is another event at the centre on that day). Don't hesitate to join us!Written January 16, 2023
- The Kigali City Market is a great place to wonder through. Hey o some extent the upper levels are much like a mall with the ground floor having vendors of a various types including food and household items.
Traders are engaging and don’t overly hassle visitors, taking photos is easy and to here is a wide range to see. A few places to eat and drink too. This is not a tourist spot so no real curios and so on, but fruit, tea, coffee, honey and so on for sale if that’s what you’re looking for. Prices were very reasonable and not much room for negotiation but also less pressure to buy.
A great place to explore - no real need for a guide or a ‘local’ to accompany you as it’s safe, well light and has great security.Written December 11, 2019
- It's a warm place to be in the summer with friendly faces and they have so many talented artist It wz a pleasure to be part of that communityWritten May 28, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Kigali
- These experiences are best for shopping in Kigali:
- Half-Day Private Fashion Tour in Kigali
- Unique Full-Day Kigali Private City Tour
- Gorilla Trekking Adventure - A day trip - Volcanoes National Park
- Full-Day Private Kigali Tour with Lunch
- Kigali African Shopping Tour
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping in Kigali:See more shopping for kids in Kigali on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking shopping in Kigali:See more shopping for couples in Kigali on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking shopping in Kigali:See more shopping for groups in Kigali on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for shopping in Kigali:See more hidden gem shopping in Kigali on Tripadvisor