- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
What travelers are saying
- Highly recommended – Nafika Tours is the best local company for your safari,When you book a safari you are always wary of what kind of vehicle and how good will your driver and guide be. Both the vehicle and our driver/guide exceeded our expectations. We booked a last minute 3 day/2 night Safari with Nafika Tours.
We went on safari in Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti .Sure, we saw the Big 5 and a lion pride stalk but our guide and driver livin was the reason we rate the whole experience Highly Recommended.
Overview -We were greeted at our hotel the day before by a Nafika Tours employee who went over our itinerary and gave some insight to the experience and we had all our questions answered. The next day we were picked up on time (7am) to start our 4 day safari.
Well maintained/outfitted and comfortable safari vehicle,Livin spoke and understood English very well (even English slang). 18 years experience with Nafika Tours (wow)! He knows everything about what you are about to experience – from the animals, birds, geology, history to the local people and places you will experience on your drive (ask him questions and you will get more from the experience). He also seems to know everybody and everybody seems to know him which can only be a good thing if something goes amiss (things can happen on safari).
Livin will be as patient as need be to get the picture – never a rush. We have been on Safari in Kruger and Etosha National parks and I consider myself a good game spotter - livin is on another level. He spotted lions, rhinos and a leopard while he was driving before I could see it and I was standing (I had the better opportunity to see the game with my height and full attention). Game spotting/vehicle and vehicle positioning can be priceless to how good your experience will be.
Livin was an excellent driver and we both felt safer with him driving versus either of us. We stayed later in both parks and he never tried to make up time on the drive out. I hear Livin said that when you book you may request a specific guide ---- this is your guy! We also stayed 3 nights at an excellent lodge Embalakai lodge, Serena lodge and Marera valley lodge.Written February 1, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We enjoyed Tarangire NP for its beauty and varied landscape, and interesting game drives with sightings of many different species.Written January 3, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My safari experience was truly amazing from start to finish, mostly because of my wonderful safari guide, Novath. He really went the extra mile to make sure everyone in his car was comfortable, received a unique safari experience and having fun. He made sure all of our requests were satisfied, from seeing the animals we desired to passing out juice boxes and water. After this experience, I could never go to the zoo again and I cannot wait for the next time. Novath is the best Safari guide in Tanzania and you should book a Safari with him today. You will not regret your decision. He can be contacted via WhatsApp, +255 677 882 934. Enjoy your safari and I'm sure you will be next to leave a great review!Written January 22, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a pleasant half day tour to see the red colobus monkeys close up. We were escorted by a ranger through the forest which included fern forest & mohagany trees.
We were later given a tour of the mangrove forest via a board walk.Written December 24, 2022
- I'm so glad we changed our plans and visited this park instead of the more popular parks in Tanzania. We may not have seen huge herds of animals, but we saw the animals with no herds of other tourists. We had such an amazing experience, I'm glad to see that there are a few small corners of the Earth that are being preserved in such a way!Written January 15, 2023
- If you are looking for:
-a beautiful camp with a swimming pool;
-excellent birding and photographing;
-a beautiful setting & scenery;
-nice “pets” (greater bushbaby, civet, large-spotted genet)
-an exellent guide (Gerald);
-a very friendly and helpful staff;
-and mabye a professional boxing-lesson?
Then, you must definitely vist Selous Impala Camp in Nyerere National Park, Tanzania
Erik Hans, Nathalie & Gerk-Johan van Stigt ThansWritten December 28, 2022
- Migration of GNU and Zebra make biggest impression to us. I can not breath how much it impressed me.Written January 30, 2023
- After our trip to Zanzibar, we did took a flight to Mafia and did snorkling around and it was wonderful.Written October 11, 2021
- Obviously seeing the chimps was an absolute once in a lifetime highlight and I have only the highest of praises for the wonderful guides we had that went out of their way to ensure that we saw chimps on both treks and were very knowledgeableWritten July 20, 2022
- Saadani National Park covers 1100 km2. It is the only wildlife sanctuary in Tanzania bordering the sea.Written December 18, 2017
- Wonderful hike, a beautiful place for swimming under a waterfall. A guide is needed. I recommend trail the Sanje waterfall and especially with the guide Renata. Professional support all the way, she show to us many animals, beautiful places near the waterfall. Very very nice lady.Written January 12, 2021
- The serenity and the low number of visitors gives the animals the minimum disturbance as possible. This is highly important for the wellbeing of the wildlife.
The sanctuary for Black rhino is the best part of this park. You need to go there too!!Written August 25, 2022
- Lake Manyara National Park is a gem, sometimes less visited than the more famous Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater. But it is well worth a visit. The vegetation is different, as it has dense tropical forest at the base of the steep cliffs that are the Rift Valley wall which is very pronounced in this location. In these forests are huge rare tropical trees such as Mahogany, Ficus, and Sycamore interspersed with massive old Baobabs. The Park is known for its rich birdlife along the shores and in the swampy areas. You might see species such as the large Southern Ground Hornbill and the Saddle Bill Stork, and Malachite Kingfishers. There are elephants, buffalo, varieties of antelope, blue monkeys and many baboons. The "tree dwelling lions" publicized in the Park are rather more a legend than something you will see. The lake has expanded significantly in the last few years, so you will see drowned forest areas now, but in them you will also likely see water-loving species of buck. Don't miss Lake Manyara National Park. Have a picnic, but take bug spray.Written March 20, 2021
- Amazing safaris by boat, walk and jeep for chimpanzees, crocs, hippos, elephants - and the best, heartful and kind team around our room, the meals and the adventures. We will never forget the singing, the dancing and the laughing with you guys.Written August 2, 2022
- We visited the island in April 2022. We had a very knowledgable tour guide who briefed us adequately prior to embarking on the trip. The entry fee and boat hire is reasonable. It takes about 5-7 minutes to reach the island. Animals present included 1 lion, 1 lioness, 2 cubs, 3 Zebras , Wilder-beasts , several Gazelles, Tortoise, Peacocks/hens, monkeys
We were informed crocodiles and snakes are also presents. Wildlife population is very small. The island is ideal for hiking , picnicking and watching over the beautiful Lake Victoria. Walking paths are well done. You need about 3 -4 hours with short breaks in between to trek whole island. The boat ride is very enjoyable with beautiful scenes.
There are lots of work going on to build camping sites and encourage longer stay in the island.Written May 9, 2022