- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
65 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 65
What travelers are saying
- Kaanapali Beach is the most beautiful in the world.I have explored beaches almost throughout the world and have found none better. The sands are beautiful and the sunsets are gorgeous. Taking a cruise offers breathtaking rainbows and a chance to outrun porpoises or watching whales in the winter. It is always fun simply to see an occasional storm blanketing the high mountain ranges in the mornings or evenings. Amazingly there are no trash or litter. God help you if you are caught littering. No one does however. I’m also amazing that though there are crowds, it’s never crowded. Solitude is available everywhere. Come watch the Black Rock diver jump from Black Rock located directly behind the Sheraton Hotel. Have a romantic dinner at the Hula Grill or Monkepod. Shopping at whalers Village is fun, especially during the early evenings,Written August 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Top 3 beaches in Maui, If not the best! This beach has tons of space to move around for everyone. This spot on Big Beach cost $10 to park, but is well worth it! Beautiful water, lots of people; but tons of parking and space on the beach for everyone!Written August 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a gorgeous beach in Maui which my family and I thoroughly enjoyed, but be careful because the water can get quite treacherous - I got seriously dumped here (even though my photos don't show massive waves). You also need to be careful with the rip because it can start pulling you towards the rocks which makes it more dangerous, but even so we loved this beach and had a lot fun with our boogie boards and body surfing. I also really appreciated the fact that there was a lifeguard on duty and a beautiful park with lawn you could sit and have picnics, outdoor showers and toilets and parking nearby too. I love this part of Maui and highly recommend going to Kamaole Beach III (or any of the three Kamaole beaches)!!Written June 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the best beaches on East Maui, this was both picturesque and had all the modern facilities and convenience you want at a beach. Hotel staff were helpful despite us not being guests at the resort. Waters were reasonably calm so ok for swimming and snorkelling (best at the south end). We went kayaking which was $50 per hour for the two of us which seemed reasonable and was well worth it. For food there was a beach shack for cheap fare and high end restaurants tied to the resort.Written August 8, 2022
- Lovely beach! Beautiful beach in every way. Easy in and out. Often calm and not a lot of waves. Crystal clear water!Written July 15, 2022
- Waianapanapa is a destination you must visit when embarking on the road trip to Hana. However, since a reservation is now required to enter, be sure to strictly adhere to your time slot of choice. If you're late, you will be refused entry to the park.
The beach boasts of unique black sand and extremely picturesque surroundings. The water, although a bit chilly to begin with, was refreshing and our kids just loved riding the small waves.
Don't forget to explore the small cave to your right at the bottom of the stairs. It's a sight to behold!Written July 19, 2022
- This was a nice beach with a lawn area. Not too crowded but winds start blowing around noon so it gets a little tough to hang out much later than that. Great place to watch sunset as well.Written July 24, 2022
- One of the most breathtaking snorkeling experiences I’ve ever had, and at such low cost! We rented snorkeling gear for $10/person (for two hours!) and then swam around finding beautiful fish and coral. We even got to swim with a beautiful sea turtle and watch one take a nap on the beach!
The water is very salty so it was easy to snorkel without a floatation device, and we were so close to the shallow coral that it sometimes took a lot of work to avoid touching it.
I can’t recommend this spot highly enough. Absolute highlight of my trip! Parking is the toughest part so bring a healthy dose of patience. Public restrooms at the parking lot so you can change and wash off sandWritten August 5, 2022
- Great walking path with lovely view. It is often crowded with lots of folks doing the same path. Walks along the back end of several hotels, and lots of beach beach.Written July 21, 2022
- Great place to stop and see the sea turtles come in. You don't need to go at sunset. The turtles came in around 4pm, probably sooner. It was a great experience. There were kite/wind surfers at the other end of the beach. Bring water shoes, the reef/rocks are slippery.Written August 2, 2022
- The beach at Kamaole 2 is a nice crescent of sandy shoreline with good entries into the water and close to the south Kihei Road with amenities.Some low-key resorts line the shoreline along this stretch of ocean. The waters are normally quite quiet but rollers can get fairly high. It has a rustic feel to it with a little more lava rock on the shoreline. Great little beach for kids with good snorkelling at either end. Nice beach trail runs over the lawns and along the sand along these three consecutive beaches.Written July 16, 2022
- Not the first beach that comes to mind during your Maui visit, but if you are staying in the Kihea area it is definitely a destination worth visiting.
Mostly bordering condo properties, this lightly populated beach is ideal for a romantic sunrise/sunset stroll or a morning run. With approximately 2 miles of unobstructed beach, Sugar Beach is the alternative to the resort area popular destinations.
If quiet serenity is the priority, this spot is worth a visit.Written March 22, 2022
- Incredibly calm waters with ample coral areas, perfect for snorkelling in. We went to many of the beaches in Maui looking for snorkelling spots and this was one of the best for beginners like us to try out snorkelling without worrying about the waves. Would be a good beach for children to swim as the waters are so calm.Written August 8, 2022
- A lovely all-rounder beach which had calm waters when we went and picturesque views. Better snorkelling opportunities at the nearby Maluaka beachWritten August 8, 2022
- My husband and I visited Big Beach shortly after sunrise since we couldn't get to Haleakala, and were so pleasantly surprised by what we found! It was almost empty and SO beautiful! The sand is so soft, the water is so blue, and the lava rocks on the sides of the beach add a nice Hawaiian touch as well. :) We went twice and didn't pay for parking either time, so I'm not sure what we did differently from the other folks who went here? Regardless, it was probably our favorite beach we visited in Hawaii. Even saw some turtles the second day we came.Written August 4, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Maui
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for beaches in Maui:See more beaches for adrenaline seekers in Maui on Tripadvisor