Points of Interest & Landmarks • Historic Walking Areas
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
80 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 80
What travelers are saying
- There are two lookout to see the spectacular and peaceful views of Kalalau Valley. First is Kalalau Lookout and the second down the road is Pu’u O Kila Lookout. The second lookout is where the trails lead off into the mountains and more views. Sometimes the views are obscured due to being in the clouds. Patience is often necessary.Written September 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Steep uphill. We took the East trail. There is also access by West trail or South. Go for East or West. Amazing Views from the peak. Not much of a jungle trip, a bit dryer on this hike.Written September 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The canyon is beautiful. The road up is windy but easy to drive and the views were incredible. We also did the Waipo'o Falls hike - park just past the 13.5 mile lookout or drive down to the trailhead if you have a 4 wheel drive. 4 miles hiking (roundtrip) with both uphill and downhill sections. The views of the canyon on the hike were breathtaking.Written September 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a cute little town with shops and restaurants. Nice way to spend a little time away from the beach.Written June 30, 2022
- A great spot for dinner luau with incredible local entertainment.
The show was a hit with the adults and the kids.
The food and drinks were ok, the service was great, the entertainment was spectacular!Written August 27, 2022
- Completely spellbound by this place, most peaceful, beautiful with attention to detail. Never seen such vedic explanation of Indian Gods in this part of the the world. Truly must have experience if visiting Kauai, Hawaii.Written August 31, 2022
- Sometimes, the simple things in life are the most impressive. That’s how I felt when visiting this humble Catholic Church just outside of Koloa. Nice well maintained grounds to walk around, along with a feeling of calm, with beautiful acacia trees, and a profound sense of history - especially when you walk through the cemetery. We really enjoyed our visit, though the signage indicated the oldest church in Kauai, not Hawaii.Written January 28, 2022
- Old town, calm, lots of street vendors, music, art, fruit, and easy access to the Hanapepe Swinging Bridge. We enjoyed a casual evening.Written September 25, 2022
- This lighthouse was very beautiful. The ocean on that corner of the island was very beautiful. Saw geese and albatrosses flying and nesting while at the lighthouse. The grounds were very clean. The tiny museum was very informative.Written September 18, 2022
- What a nice easy hike along the coast and then down to the beach. some good snorkeling in the reef area, don't go too far outWritten April 5, 2021
- Such an amazing view point. Was a great little stop. Some walking in required but worth it for the views and pictures we took.Written August 31, 2022
- My wife, mother-in-law and I visited this lovely church for the first time for Sunday Mass. We were immediately and very warmly greeted in the parking lot by two parishioners who presented each of us with a "nui" (?) lei and graciously took our picture outside of the church in front of Mary's statute depicting her apparition at Lourdes. We were overwhelmed by their hospitality. There were many young people in attendance and the choir sang beautifully. A bishop from the Philippines was the presider at Mass. We were each very impressed and grateful to have attended Mass there. If only all Catholic churches could be so inviting.Written September 16, 2022
- Circle Island Tour
KOKO our driver was amazing
Great overview of island that included history. Informative and interesting
ADA Complaint busWritten November 29, 2021
- We did the Farm Tour (instead of the walking tour). Lisa, our tour guide, was hilarious! We learned so much about coffee and the island. Really great value. Definitely recommend!Written September 17, 2022
- Nice for a short diversion to see some really amazing trees. Fairly easy to get to past Opaekaa falls. Short but often muddy hike to see the rainbow eucalyptus tress.Written April 15, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Kauai
- These are the best places for adventurous sights & landmarks in Kauai:See more adventurous sights & landmarks in Kauai on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for sights & landmarks in Kauai:See more sights & landmarks for adrenaline seekers in Kauai on Tripadvisor