Top Attractions in Costa Rica
Nature & Wildlife Areas • Waterfalls
Admission tickets from $18.00
Amusement & Theme Parks
Admission tickets from $55.00
What travelers are saying
- We visited the National Theatre of Costa Rica and took a guided tour of the Theatre. The tour was informative and entertaining. We were pleasantly surprised by the performances of the guides/actors.Written July 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was a great waterful. Very beautiful. You don't have to rent a tour or a 'skip the line' ticket. The lines were not long at all, and it wasn't a problem to purchase a ticket right at the main entrance. Children over 8 are $18. You get a wristband for all day access - you can leave and come back. There are showers, a restaurant and bathrooms at the top, then you make your decent down 500 stairs to the waterfall. The stairs can be a bit much, but there are places to take breaks and sit along the way. We saw little children, elderly people with canes, etc. walking it. They just took breaks. The water is very, very cold. The waterfall part itself is pretty deep, so good swimmers are recommended there, although the current pushes you away from the actual waterfall becuase it's so strong. The other side is more of a running river area. It's a little warmer, and great for kids. Our boys (ages 10 and 12) played for hours. There are fish around (not pretty, just interesting to swim with them) and it does get crowded. There are places on the rocks to put your bags if you don't want to leave them in your car/in lockers at the top of the stairs, etc.) It's easy to get to via GPS. You'll likely end up following a tour bus anyway. We went closer to the end of the day (the park closes at 5 p.m.) and the crowds weren't terrible.Written July 31, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The beaches are large and clean. In August the are not crowded at all. The only issue is people coming up and saying buy this or buy that....Written August 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An absolutely stunning beach. Had such a great tour getting to the beach and loved getting to then swim and enjoy the amazing water. What a beautiful spot- a must for sure!Written July 9, 2022
- Beautifully situated bay with active surf for boogie boarding, body surfing or surfing. Dark sand beach with rocks so plan accordingly for footwear. Found the Southern part of bay much more sandy and easy on the feet. Perfect surfing conditions for learners with no coral reef. Need to leave town and drive around the back way to get to this part of beach (or walk a ways down beach from Jaco main strip). Manta rays in surf and small fish in water a plus. However heed signs on strong undertow. No lifeguards so be vigilant and safe. We advised our teens to stay together in a group - not use buddy system which we tend to follow - based on our Airbnb host strong recommendation. Glad we did. Frolicking in waves is loads of fun, however it tires the body. At the end of our day, one of the younger teens fell slightly behind the breaking wave line and started getting pulled out. He was not able to make it back to shore alone. Luckily, I had my husband in the water with the kids. He sent the youngest two in towards shore and stayed with my 18-year old son to pull our friend’s son back to safety. It took two of them to do so.Written June 23, 2022
- I booked the Birding morning tour for 4 hrs and I learned so much from David, the guide. We did both video's and photo's using my own phone through his large telescopic lens. The trails are very easy to walk and the plant life was also very beautiful.. he made sure to tell us a like bit about everything, I left with loads of fresh information of the local birds, florals and insects too!Written July 29, 2022
- This excursion provided a lifetime experience I will never forget. Rainer is the absolute best person in Costa Rica. He never tired of my questions, getting me information for the tours and providing top notch customer service.
The monkey tour is a must see and must do. They are so interactive and entertaining. Randy kept us entertained on the 45 minute ride from Jaco to get to the monkeys.
Maurelo was the perfect guide for our waterfall hike. Closed toed water shoes are a must. This is strenuous and leaves you feeling so accomplished. I looked up at one of the waterfalls and as I was thinking there is no way we are getting up there but we did and it was incredibly breathtaking. The jeep ride to start the hike is a fun experience in itself. Both tours are well worth the money and it would be sad if you chose not to do it.Written August 4, 2022
- We were met by Ray who explained the tour and welcomed us. Our tour was conducted by Tio Leo himself. He was very informative and patient, sharing his passion for coffee production. The tour was exactly as explained on the website with some wonderful surprises. It was a great day to spend the morning.Written July 26, 2022
- This was a wonderful and educational tour. The owner is so knowledgeable and took the time to answer questions, show us all sorts of interesting facts about the butterflies (all stages of life). They have a beautiful handmade treehouse for rent on the property that sits next to the river. The owner has his own sawmill and used wood from the property to make the treehouse by hand. The tour is only $10 and is worth every dollar. Much less expensive than most other tours. We spent about an hour and a half there and it was excellent. Butterflies galore!Written July 25, 2022
- I HIGHLY recommend coming here when visiting Costa Rica! The staff were extremely nice. Our tour guide Jeremy (I believe that’s his name) was interactive with everyone during the tour. This was my boyfriend and I first time doing a Safari Tour which exceeded our expectations 😍! The part also has a waterfall, kayaking, and many more to do! The price was well worth it.
**TIP: Definitely should buy the carrots that they sell to feed the animals ($2 a bag). It makes the experience even better**Written May 19, 2022
- We visited as part of our hiking tour from Rafiki. Our visit to the waterfalls was spectacular, feeling the power of the falls and enjoying the stunning surrounds. The suspension bridge was a fun challenge to an aversion to heights and the lunch was utterly delicious. Couldn’t recommend more!Written August 9, 2022
- This should be a must visit while in Jaco. Everything is made by local artists and of high quality. They have everything from jewelry to canvas paintings, wood work, smaller items like bags and wine stoppers. If you are looking to purchase anything, stop here first.Written August 7, 2022
- Bridge #3 is the highest and bridge #6, the longest but the bridges at Mistico are definitely worth the visit, especially with a guide who has trained eyes to look out for monkeys, birds, and other cool rainforest life.Written July 8, 2022
- The wildlife and flowers were beautiful. This was the high point for us in Costa Rica. The macaws, frogs,snakes,ants were unlike anything we had seen beforeWritten June 8, 2022
- Easy 3km mostly paved trail. Good to look at the mud baths and fume holes. Crowded after 10am. Family friendly.Written July 22, 2022