- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
5 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- This tour had everything. Scenic boat tour to the ruins which included authentic Belizean lunch. Junior was VERY knowledgeable about the Mayan history/culture and provided so much information about the ruins and surrounding plants. Errol has done a fabulous job of giving you a real feel of Belize.Written May 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely an amazing day on this tour. Our captain Coconut Pete was truly wonderful and certainly new his stuff. He took us on the boat to see many crocodiles, birds, bats and told us about all kinds of plants in the area. The mayan city was truly breathtaking and we learned a lot about the mayan history from him. Saw plenty of monkeys and had a great lunch at Lamanui. Would definetely recommend this amazing tour, worth every penny!Written June 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Took my family of six on a half-day river cruise and tour of the Lamanai Maya ruins in June 2022.
We landed via Tropic Air at a very remote air strip and were met at landing by Earl the tour owner who drove us a few miles to his place along the river.
We then boarded a smaller boat that held 10 passengers and made our way for an hour via the winding New River to Lamanai. We were the only boat we ever saw on the river. That plus the small group size contributed to the exclusive feel of the tour and heightened the sense of adventure.
Nate was our boat captain and tour guide. He is local and was so knowledgeable about the area. In between traveling at a pretty good speed, we’d stop along the way to observe unique plant life, and other inhabitants of the river. Nate was so passionate about sharing information about what we saw along the way.
After an hour we arrived at Lamanai to walk through and climb some of the Maya ruins. We found Nate to be equally knowledgeable there. The mosquitoes were pretty thick and aggressive in spots there and he was encouraging of our desire to move along quickly sometimes.
A highlight was coming across a family of howler monkeys in the trees directly above us. Our tour of Lamanai ended with a delicious traditional Belizean lunch, followed by a one hour ride back to camp, and a short ride back to the air strip, where our plane was waiting to take us back to San Pedro.
What a great adventure.Written June 11, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wow! What a fantastic day! Leonardo Diaz went above and beyond to make our visit to the mainland memorable and filled with amazing information. He met us promptly at the boat dock and his professionalism carried on through the day. During our air-conditioned ride to Altun Ha, Leonardo asked us questions about what we wanted to see and learn about Altun Ha. Once we arrived our visit was like an interactive history lesson! Our visit to the ruins was even more special due to the fact that Leonardo's timing is impeccable. He knew when there would be a lull between tour buses, which meant we had the place to ourselves. Priceless! On our way to cave tubing we stopped for a wonderful authentic Belizean lunch at a local establishment. Leonardo made sure we were well-prepared for cave tubing and expertly guided us through the caves with fantastic stories of the unique history there. We thoroughly enjoyed our tour and talking with Leanardo. We all learned so much about Belizean and Mayan culture. We highly recommend requesting Leonardo for your next Belizean tour (and his English is excellent)!Written April 26, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Orange Walk
- These are the best places for kid-friendly outdoor activities in Orange Walk:See more outdoor activities for kids in Orange Walk on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking outdoor activities in Orange Walk:See more outdoor activities for couples in Orange Walk on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking outdoor activities in Orange Walk:See more outdoor activities for groups in Orange Walk on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly outdoor activities in Orange Walk:See more budget-friendly outdoor activities in Orange Walk on Tripadvisor