Nature & Wildlife Areas
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 48
What travelers are saying
- Gilroy at Altun Ha Mayan Ruins did an amazing job! I loved the history, personal stories and he took photos for us as we climbed the ruins. We just did the ruins on our own and not part of a tour and Gilroy took great care of us and made it a fun adventure! Highly recommend him!!Written November 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As had been the case at the national museums & national palaces visited elsewhere in South & Central Americas (with or without actually being called as those for history), it was my initial expectation of this museum to be one for the national history but which instead turned out to be some "multi-themed" kind of museum with yes history as one of the themes (specifically the colonial history with an "emphasis on slavery" as can be learned from a number of big info displays & also to see some text-and-sketch depictions of piracy in the colonial time) but also including non-history themes from modern art (not too impressive of a collection of "small paintings" though) to Mayan archaeology (just fairly few artifacts in scattered glass cases) to ecology as relating to birds & insects which are native to the country (some different species in limited numbers but some stuffed birds quite impressive to look at) with each theme just kind of "lightly touched on", I would say, so just not much time is needed to cover the two levels of this museum. And so actually, more than by the pretty average interior, I was impressed by an "outward grandness" of this long rectangular heritage-styled building with a nice lawn in front for a great view from either end of the building (definitely on a smaller scale but generally in a similar style as the Palacio Nacionals elsewhere in Central America such as those of Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala & Mexico).
And not too close to this museum but just on the same side of the Creek are "2 landmarks" of the country, namely Baron Bliss Lighthouse & the colorful 'Belize' sign (at a "serene location" right by the sea should not be missed for some great pics not just with one but with both landmarks in "the same pic"). .Written January 16, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A quick stop here to document your Belize visit for a social media post is a must. Take a pic from behind the palms adds character and depth.Written May 17, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Process for ticket purchase was good but, the cost was little higher than we expected. Boarding went smoothly and passengers were well behaved. Staff were very helpful.Written November 9, 2022
- This was something I never thought I would do but am glad I did it. The tour guide was absolutely amazing - calm, patient, and considerate. He was a good speaker and we all had an excellent time.Written May 2, 2022
- It was on time and it was fast. There is a small fee. There is a schedule for all taxis to guide your purchases.Written October 11, 2022
- We only went to the restaurant here. It was an easy place to stop and park and had good food and drinks. We did not visit the pool /beach area, but it looked very fun, so a great place to stop if you had kids.Written August 14, 2019
- We were very impressed by how organized, punctual and effective they are with their passengers, luggage and everything else they transport to and from the islands! The boats are not big, so they can be harsh on the back in rougher seas like we had on the way to San Pedro. The way back was smooth and relaxed.
When booking a round trip online, you don't get you choose a return date and time. This can only be picked upon checkin at the terminal. We found out though, that if you email them beforehand mentioning your rountrip reservation, they can reserve a specific date and time for the return for you. This was very important to us, as we were 4 with luggage and needed to be on a specific ferry back to the mainland...Written March 12, 2020
- It is a nice peaceful location. It's a nice monument. It's free to visit. The area is easy to access.Written October 11, 2022
- The swing bridge connects the north side of Belize City with the south side and spans Haulover Creek, a tributary of the Belize River.Written January 31, 2022
- We had originally booked a car with Avis, but when we arrived they did not have the type of car available. Avis coordinated with Crystal to get us a vehicle. crystal was great to work with. They honored the price quoted with Avis. The car was safe and reliable.Written November 15, 2022
- Recently vacationed in Belize in a group of 8 adult family members. Best time ever! Had the
privilege of meeting Mr. Julian Dela Fuente.
Julian was not only the most reliable driver, he
was also the best tour guide, host, photographer,
when needed, and even felt like a new friend. He
advised us about the most exciting tourist spots that were geared toward our groups' personal interests, as well as provided tips on the best restaurants to try. Whether you're looking for
nonstop excitement or a laidback relaxed
experience, Belize is the place to go where the
locals are friendly and welcoming. If you want a
knowledgeable, personable and extremely professional trip advisor while in Belize, I strongly
recommend Julian Dela Fuente.Written August 15, 2022
- The correspondence with this company was responsive and timely. They answered my questions immediately. They were very accommodating. We were picked up in an immaculate SUV. The driver Troy wore his mask for the whole trip.He was very helpful in our trip to the ATM and grocery store. He waited patiently while we visited the Belize Zoo.He was more than a driver and gave us so much information on Belize. He was a very careful driver and we felt very safe. We were exceptionally pleased with Discount and would highly recommend them.Written April 1, 2021
- Elias cares deeply for everyone he serves. I had the privilege of riding with him by myself to pick up supplies for our trip. We had a great conversation about his heart and care for the children of Belize. He has a wonderful sense of humor and a joyous soul.
His knowledge of the country, the roads, and the BIRDS is second-to-none! At no point did we every feel unsafe. He actually made our trip all the better.
I look forward to working with him again in the future.Written January 14, 2020
- Jordy. Aka Rooster. BEST.EVER.. can’t say enough about how great this was. 10/10. Knowledge, Learning about culture and country, the food was amazing. Driver Rojlio is a Dale Earnhardt on the roads, awesomeness. Don’t go anywhere else!Written October 1, 2022