- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 42
What travelers are saying
- The San Pedro Belize Express Water Taxi team were efficient and helpful for first-timers. They took our luggage and helped us figure out how to use their round-trip ticket system in a way that made the most sense for our travel plans. They also had WiFi at the Belize City port so we could check stuff online and make WiFi calls. I would not hesitate to use them again if I ever came back to Belize City.Written January 1, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We used the water taxi to get from Belize City to Caye Caulker. They were very efficient. The guys at the front take your bag and give you a bag ticket to hand in once you arrive.
You need your ID to buy a ticket. We paid with card. The boat left on time.
The only negatives was the guy that I gave my bag ticket to was rude.
Unfortunately they weren’t running a service from Caye Caulker to Chetumal at the moment. I’m not sure if they will once high season picks up.Written December 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were very impressed by how organized, punctual and effective they are with their passengers, luggage and everything else they transport to and from the islands! The boats are not big, so they can be harsh on the back in rougher seas like we had on the way to San Pedro. The way back was smooth and relaxed.
When booking a round trip online, you don't get you choose a return date and time. This can only be picked upon checkin at the terminal. We found out though, that if you email them beforehand mentioning your rountrip reservation, they can reserve a specific date and time for the return for you. This was very important to us, as we were 4 with luggage and needed to be on a specific ferry back to the mainland...Written March 12, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Heads up folks, your cruise ship doesn't park at a pier....you drop anchor about 20 min out and tender to shore on one of these boats...must say, the staff was great and even though the seas were rough, they did a great jobWritten November 27, 2016
- Crystal Auto was friendly and helpful.
The vehicle we purchased was clean and reliable.
If we travel to Belize again we will use Crystal Automotive!Written January 19, 2023
- Excellent private shuttle service from Chetumal to Flores. The communication was easy, clear and fast.
They even arranged us a taxi on the Mexican side to the border. Mark the Belizean driver waited for us on the entrance to Belize from Chetumal. The car was comfortable and clean. Mark was very nice , taught us a lot about Belize and saw us to the border with Guatemala where Roberto the Guatemalan driver was waiting for us with a big van. They really took care of us, the whole trip went very smoothly.
I would highly recommend this company!Written January 26, 2023
- The correspondence with this company was responsive and timely. They answered my questions immediately. They were very accommodating. We were picked up in an immaculate SUV. The driver Troy wore his mask for the whole trip.He was very helpful in our trip to the ATM and grocery store. He waited patiently while we visited the Belize Zoo.He was more than a driver and gave us so much information on Belize. He was a very careful driver and we felt very safe. We were exceptionally pleased with Discount and would highly recommend them.Written April 1, 2021
- My experience with AQ Car Rental was great, their customer service is beyond wonderful. They explained to us in details, did full inspection. The vehicles on the other hand aren't as fancy and new but they do you get oyu from point A to point B. I would definitely rent with them again if we make another trip to Belize. Keep up the good work.Written November 24, 2022
- Abe is a fantastic person, safe driver, and very reliable. If in San Ignacio, this man needs to be your driver.
He picked us up promptly after talking on WhatsApp. Gave us multiple rides. We decided to use him for a ride from San Ignacio to Hopkins. We were not disappointed. He took bought us a snack, took us to a few attractions, brought us for lunch where we had fantastic tamales.
His wealth of knowledge and wonderful personality made it seem more like a ride with a friend.Written October 23, 2022
- Elias cares deeply for everyone he serves. I had the privilege of riding with him by myself to pick up supplies for our trip. We had a great conversation about his heart and care for the children of Belize. He has a wonderful sense of humor and a joyous soul.
His knowledge of the country, the roads, and the BIRDS is second-to-none! At no point did we every feel unsafe. He actually made our trip all the better.
I look forward to working with him again in the future.Written January 14, 2020
- Muy ono was absolutely top notch - every driver and guide we had was patient, knowledgable and took excellent care of us. I was traveling alone with my teenage son and we felt so cared for. They went out of their way to make our experience perfect! Highly recommend!Written August 5, 2022
- We’ve traveled to Belize several times and have used all the big car rental names… this was our first time trying Car One and we’ll never go back to Avis, Budget or National. First of all our flight was delayed by nearly 3 hours but Diana at Car One stayed after hours to make sure we got our vehicle. Her customer service was outstanding and gave us some great local advice about Belize City and travel to Placencia. The Jeep Patriot worked great for our 3 week trip… no problems or issues. I would highly recommend Car One for anyone renting a car in Belize… they have the best prices and can’t say enough good things about the staff (particularly Diana).Written January 27, 2023
- While stuck in a hard situation of unhelpful belizean operators, which make departure time very dependent on day to day situations, they really try their best to to help the travellers.Written September 9, 2019
- This was the most amazing Service ever! so much Kindness, Generosity, and Hospitality shown. I am Super Grateful i got connected to this specific company, The beginning and ending of my trip was even more beautiful due to the super awesome vibes presented from this company! If to ever go back to Belize I would specifically use this company again, and refer it to family and friends!Written July 24, 2019
- Troy was our driver from Belize City to Placencia and also from Placencia to Belize City. We didn't want to rent a car, since it was our first time in Belize, and weren't sure about driving in a foreign country. Troy was great, and obviously experienced in making the drive from BZ to Placencia (he told us he sometimes makes the trip 4 times in a day!). He drives fast, but everyone does in Belize, and he really knows the roadway. On the way there, we had a private transfer and stopped at a grocery in Belize City and for a pit stop in Dangriga. Troy told us a lot about Belize... we're really glad we did this instead of taking a puddle jumper, because we got to learn so much from Troy.
On the way back, we booked a shared shuttle leaving from Placencia at 6:00 am, but ended up being the only passengers. We stopped for a pit stop in Dangriga, and got Johnnycakes at the gas station (highly recommended for a yummy breakfast! We made it to the airport by 9:20, with plenty of time to spare for our 12:10 flight.
If you don't mind a fast drive, take the shuttle and see more of Belize!Written January 19, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Belize City
- These experiences are best for transportation in Belize City:
- Belize Int'l Airport to Belize City Water Taxi or Belize City to BZE Airport
- International Airport Belize City to San Ignacio
- Share Shuttle from Belize Water taxi to Flores (Guatemala)
- Belize International Airport To Hopkins Village ( Private Shuttle )
- Private or Shuttle: Belize Airport or water taxi to San Ignacio Town